Millennium Hotel Glasgow
US$181
US$159
Priceline
1,762 results
All reviewsgeorge squarequeen street rail stationlarge bathroomthe heart of the cityfantastic locationone night stayexecutive roomvisiting glasgowpubsconcert
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 January 2012

I was unaware of the mistake but because the two instances were within seconds of each other the bank stopped the card and left a message on my phone. A long 0845 call later I asked the bank whether I could return in person to the hotel to have it fixed. When I did this someone in accounts (it was now the night shift so no manager) said it had been processed twice and she could cancel it for me. After she confirmed the cancellation her comment was that she did not know how their systems allowed this to happen. No apology for the waste of my time.

I called the hotel today to suggest that their service was rubbish and an apology or even acknowledgement that they were checking what happened would be nice. The person did apologise but blamed systems again. I suggested they think about demonstrating their concern for wasting my time and rectifying the fact that I was not going to ever use a card in their hotel again. They called back twice, firstly saying they would refund the correct amount too and offered an afternoon tea on the house. The second call was to say that having done the double refund I must now allow them to speak to my bank to prove that the double invoice happened! And that they would book me in for tea and look after me but not pay for it.

It was pointless explaining that I actually did not want a refund or a free anything just someone to acknowledge that their staff had messed up and as a consequence wasted my time.

It wasn't a huge sum of money but a hotel that messes up on a card transaction is not one I want to continue to use regularly for client meetings and lunches.
(PS. they only did not rate Terrible because the second person tried to help and they did refund the money).

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
Lisa_Ruxton, Sales Team at Millennium Hotel Glasgow, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review Millennium Hotel Glasgow. This matter has been dealth with directly between yourself and a member of our management team.

Reviewed 25 January 2012

Millennium Hotel Glasgow

It looked good as it was on george square so i desided to splash out and book it for one night with the gf we arrived at the hotel and
got booked in before 3pm it looked lovley from inside and the girl on the desk told me the room had been payed for online so i was happy with that. We made our way to the first floor the carpet was old and needed repaired and the boards where sqweeking and the looks from some of the staff where a bit rude. But we never botherd with it.

Walking into our room it looked lovley designed well and shower so we were happy but were gutted when we looked out the window there was nothing but a metal roof from the trainstation i would say when booking ask to be placed at the front as the back is shocking. We could hear the trains at night passing thro

The next morning on we were about to learn and the guy on the desk sayed we have to pay i try to explan that the girl sayed it had really never.

Couple months later i went back to this hotel as i was doing a report for college and the manager showed me around some of the nicer rooms just wish id booked them instead.

Room Tip: ask for a room at the front but high up
  • Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to review Millennium Hotel Glasgow. I am pleased to read that you found your room comfortable, however you were unsatisfied with the view. I can assure you that we are currently carrying out a refresh programme of the hotel and we have recently installed plasma screen televisions throughout the entire hotel. With regards to the payment issue I have passed this over to my Front Office Manager to investigate the mis information that you have received. I hope we can welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 25 January 2012

If I could I would have rated this as 3+! My room was spacious and clean - the bed was very comfortable. The location is excellent - particularly if you are arriving by train at Queen Street Station.

My one criticism is that I was in room 103 - which happens to have all the air conditioning units outside - and so I was awoken by the noise in the early hours of the morning. I will stay at the Millenium again - but will make sure to get a quieter room.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to review Millennium Hotel Glasgow. I am glad that you found your room comfortable and spacious, however I am disappointed to read that your room was noisy. I have passed this feedback over to our maintenence team in order to resolve this situation. I hope we can welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 24 January 2012

We have stayed at this hotel on more than one occasion due to its ideal location within the city. The accommodation is rather basic, somewhat old fashioned and in definite need of upgrade although it seems the lobby/bar area has been refurbished in recent times. Depending on the room (no guarantees if you request a 'quiet room') it can be noisy due to the close proximity of the train station - you can hear the announcements!

The breakfast is good and despite being quiet and lacking a little atmosphere we have also enjoyed an evening meal in the restaurant.

One thing we have found is really poor customer service which is very disappointing for a hotel of this size. For example, one one occasion we booked a weekend break inclusive of dinner in the restaurant one evening only to be told on arrival for dinner (pre-booked with the restaurant) that the kitchen was closed! We had to pay for two glasses of 'complimentary' wine offered as an apology for the mistake!

In summary, although the Millennium Hotel Glasgow offers a few positives this hotel is located in a city that offers much better alternatives for a similar price.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Angela S

Thank you for taking the time to review Millennium Hotel Glasgow. As a loyal customer to ourselves I would like to assure you that we are undertaking a refresh programme throughout the hotel and we have already installed plasma screen televisions throughout the hotel. I am disappointed to read that you found our customer service poor, this is not our usual standard and I will ensure that this feedback is passed over to all of our departments to ensure that this is resolved. I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Lisa

Reviewed 23 January 2012

Just back from a two night stay in glasgow with six friends and had a great stay. Rooms were small but spotless -we had four almost adjoining rooms as requested. The only negatives were poor natural light in rooms and as we were on the station side the noise from the announcer wakened us earlier than we would have liked. Every member of staff that we had contact with was courteous and friendly and nothing was too much bother.
We travelled by train and the hotel is right next door to the station so no taxi required-also shops are just a short walk away so you couldn't get a better location.
Breakfast was excellent and there was a vast choice to suit all tastes. We also had dinner and could not fault the food and prices were reasonable. Will definitley be back!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Marym1310

Thank you for taking the time to review Millennium Hotel Glasgow. I am pleased to read that you all enjoyed your stay in the hotel and found our staff courteous and our breakfast good. We have a new Head Chef who has created a new Restaurant menu so I look forward to welcoming you and your friends back to Millennium Glasgow to sample these delights for another break in the near future.