Millennium Hotel Glasgow
US$119
US$115
US$111
  • Restaurant
Jurys Inn Glasgow(Glasgow)(Great Value!)
US$104
US$113
PremierInn.com
  • Free Internet
1,766 results
All reviewsgeorge squarequeen street rail stationlarge bathroomthe heart of the cityfantastic locationone night stayexecutive roomvisiting glasgowpubsconcert
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 December 2012

I booked one night on business - the city was very busy for the Celtic/Sparta football match and this was the only hotel I could get. It is very dated and, whilst a period hotel can be nice, this is rather run donw and shabby. The lighting in the hotel is quite dim - impossible to read a paper. I thought the bedroom was small for the price and cold. The water was not piping hot. If I had had to pay the bill myself I would have asked for a reduction.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 December 2012

I was looking forward to a long awaited night out with husband and friends only to be extremely disappointed in the millenium holtel on george square. 4 star!!!! Rooms in deperate need of an update, very shabby. No hot water to get shower before dinner...no answer from reception. We had no hot water when we came back, to be told there was no maintanance to fix problem and was given a key to a room 2 floors up to get a shower in the morning. Not chuffed one bit! I complained on check-out to be told there was nothing could be done as I had booked 3rd party. Complaint on the way. I will never stay here again.

Room Tip: Dont stay here
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jill B
Reviewed 4 December 2012

I didn't stay at the Millenium but was taken there for a meal on my business trip last month. We were there for the whole evening and I had to write and say that the meal was amazing! Everything I ordered came as I had asked, was cooked to (my personal) perfection and was delicious! The presentation of the food was fab too.
What surprised me was that the head chef came out and spoke to us towards the end of the night to see if we had enjoyed our meal. I thought this was a pleasnat personal touch in at a time when most restaurants are happy to take your money without any consideration as to whether you have enjoyed the experience or not!
Whether visiting Glasgow for just one night or a week I would definately recommend you stop here for a fabulous meal.

Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Lidlee
Reviewed 27 November 2012

Booked this on short notice and stayed two nights. Wish I'd only made the one. Very nice building and ideally located for the railway (the reason i booked it). As many have commented the reception and bar/dining area flatter to deceive. The room/furniture was dated and the carpet was decidedly old and stained. the bathroom was tolerable (no problems with the shower for me) but the noise from the station itself was incredible and the window seemed to play no role in keeping it out. The price was the main issue, the rooms are of two star quality at best and I was quoted £87 for the second night (although only invoiced £65). As breakfast was extra, save your money and visit one of the smaller hotels in the area. Would just like to advise that the staff were friendly and helpful, but this old girl needs a face-lift, and the sooner the better.

Room Tip: if you have to stay here, don't get a room to the rear by the station.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 November 2012

I stayed in room 120. Carpets were filthy and the furniture old and delapidated. The bathroom ceiling was discoloured and flaking. The room was most certainly not to 2 start never mind 4 star standard.

Room Tip: My tip would be to choose a room at another hotel
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends