“Good stay!”

Ranked #77 of 93 Hotels in Glasgow
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Good stay!”
Reviewed 11 February 2013

Nice play to stay - Bathrooms were huge! Bed comfy and the staff were brilliantly helpful. Never bothered with breakfast but was ultimately a decent experience!

Location is absolutely perfect if you're visiting Glasgow, right on George Sq. it couldn't be any handier!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (401)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 February 2013

I stayed here on Saturday night, and thought it was really good. Our room and bathroom was extremely clean and we had no problems whatsoever. The location is perfect, right next to the train station and within walking distance to most things and of course, right on George Square. Breakfast was delicious although the bacon and scrambled egg were slightly cold. I had emailed before we arrived to ask for a front facing room for a better view and we were given one which I was pleased about. There is no car park here but you can park in the Buchanan Galleries car park for £10.00, just make sure you get your car parking ticket stamped by the reception staff when you leave. All in all, I would definitley stay here again although I do think it may be a slightly bit overpriced.

Room Tip: Front facing rooms are much better for the view although you might be woken by drunk people at 3 or...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Emma S
Ipswich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 February 2013

What a shame that this hotel has issues.

Bad Points -

On checking in I had to ask for information on the Club Lounge, even though I had booked this upgrade.A sheet was printed off, but later when I went to enter the lounge my card wouldn't open the door. So back to reception.

The breakfast was shocking - I was asked if I wanted tea or coffee, I asked for tea but after getting breakfast still no tea, eventually I was asked again, this time I received my pot of tea, alas the tea bag had hardly any tea in it, so despite leaving it for 5 minutes it was still hot water. The food was cold, the egg bacon etc were stored in tureens with hinged lids on a table, but everything was cold. Not what I expect for a 4 star hotel.

I planned to complain when leaving, but as I wasn't asked if everything was alright with my stay, I got the impression that the management don't actually care.

That's a shame as the room was nice and the hotel is in a great location for our office.

We have now decided that this hotel will not be used by us for corporate stays, and thus not personal>

Room Tip: The rooms on the front have a good view, but suffer from traffic noise.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
Scotland
Reviewed 6 February 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for my partners birthday on the 30th December, I was quite freaked out by the bad reviews on here and was even thinking about cancelling it, however would have lost my money... So off we went, parking is a bit of an issue near the hotel, we ended up parking in queen street station it was £10 for 24 hours. Reception was hassle free, we stayed in an ecxecutive suite overlooking george square (just) the room was lovely, recently refurbed, very spacious with a seperate seating area and even had a walk in closet, the room was lovely and hot, bathroom well stocked and clean bathrobes were supplied though never used them as they were solid( a wee bit of softener goes a long way!!) used the club room which supplied free beer and wine (which was 3 years out of date) not impressed!! Never ate in the restaurant for dinner however did have breakfast which was buffet style not really my thing but was adequate.. Overall a good stay for the price but if you go I really recommend asking for one of the the refurbed rooms!!!

• Stayed December 2012
2 Thank Shell04
Isle of Arran, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 February 2013

I Booked a one night stay on line direct with Millenium Hotels.Due to a very bad weather forecast we cancelled (MORE THAN 24 HOURS BEFORE ARRIVAL) but were charged the full amount including breakfast. Had we booked with trip advisor we would not have had to pay a penny.
The hotel is fine but the big company customer relations are poor in my opinion.

Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
united kingdom
Reviewed 3 February 2013

We stayed at the copthorne for 2 nights late January 2013
The Copthorne offered a great value deal.
The location is excellent, next door to queen street station. We plumped for the upgrade to a club room and were given a great spacious room overlooking george square. the bed was very comfortable and clean. The bathroom was spotless and spacious too, very warm. Our room was ready at 11.00 am. We took advantage of the club lounge and the drinks and aperitifs. The staff were welcoming and extremely helpful, responding to every request. We had breakfast both mornings and couldnt fault anything. The evening meal was very nice. When we return to glasgow it will be our first choice, the location is just so convenient for everything especially for anyone with a disability. The hotel is a little faded, however that is what you expect from a victorian building and the packages that were offered couldnt be beaten for good value. To refurbish a hotel of this size in these times of austerity would probably put them out of business. Dont hesitate to book this hotel. Thank you very much Copthorne glasgow.
Angela and Terry Connor Hartlepool

Room Tip: Upgrade to a club room the facilities of the club lounge are worth it, and you will get a room overl...
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
Kelso, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 January 2013

Ive never left a hotel early because of the rooms until I booked into this one so rather than write a big long reveiw ( which I had done initially) Here it is in short form: 1st room given (club room)- extremely badly stained carpets and chairs, duvet cover also stained.Pillows as flat as pancakes-old and smelled. Wallpaper hanging off -some areas attempted repositioning which didnt work.Paint on ceiling in bathroom was so old (old,chipped/marked,antiquated bath and loo) and flaking off it looked like snake skin-damp patch too.Receptionist 'upgraded' me to suite as I refused room. Standard of furnishings,carpets and most of walls in the two rooms were the same as first although bedding looked okay. Rooms had old/musty smell which (I have asthmatic tendancies) left me coughing after only 10 minutes so badly I am still trying to recover some several days later. Duty manager located a semi-refurbished room which I reluctantly accepted as at least the bedding and chair was stain free Pillows though were again old and flat as pancakes. Window had large gap along top sealed with brown parcel tape which contributed to a disturbed night due to noise from street. Bathroom was refurbished with shower above bath. The glass shower screen was fixed so you have to step in and adjust temp of water, floor got soaked as there is no rubber between glass and bath.Carpets really old, smelly and very badly stained-black at edges and for some way out from edge-corridor carpets were same.Air con was not working and as maintenance finished at 8pm I was given an oil filled heater to use. Took a long time for it to heat the room as it had high ceilings but I was freezing during the night.Restuarant-ten minutes after opening and second person there: 40 minutes wait for a plate of soup which was bland (sweet potato with chilli according to menu). Chicken was dry and tasteless-couldnt provide a sauce or even a plain gravy without alcohol as all sauce/gravy made in bulk then split into differant types. Nowhere on the menu does it mention that 'all sauces and gravy contains alcohol which I find disturbing! Chef couldnt make a sauce or gravy there and then(?). Breakfast was good - no problems with anything I had. The only redeeming point the hotel has is the staff-couldnt fault any of them-all very apologetic but I suspect that might be due to the fact they have had plenty of practise! I contacted the booking agent after the first night to move me out to another hotel which they did.I would have left after the being allocated the first room had I been paying but as my employer was paying I couldnt move without cost unfortunatley. The hotel has lovely photos of rooms on the web site-I had seen 3 and can assure you that none looked like the hotel ones! I only wish I had taken my camera. If you want to risk staying in this centrally placed hotel ask for a fully refurbished room and you might get lucky-I certainly wouldnt risk it again. Four star? Not on your life!

Room Tip: ask for a FULLY refurbished one-or better still choose another hotel-even a travelodge is better!
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank isikelso

Travellers are raving about these Glasgow hotels