“Will not stay at this hotel going forward!”

Millennium Hotel Glasgow
Ranked #75 of 93 Hotels in Glasgow
Reviewed 14 February 2013

I travel a lot for work - and typically don't submit reviews for business travel; this is an exception though.

I have stayed at the Millennium Hotel five times since October 2012, and with every visit there are always issues with the hotel room, services or customer service. For example - no hot water, heating not working, poor WiFi connection, unhelp reception staff, no take away cups for coffee, stained towels iron not working, and ironing board broken. At check out I always provide feedback. The reception member of staff tyically listens, looks at me like I have 'three heads', and apologises. But they do not appear to care, or take action (e.g. no notes are taken).

My most recent visit (February 12th and 13th) prompted this review. My room was at the back of the hotel and directly over the train station entrance - which is not good for those who have sensitivity to noise. The room itself was extremely small - the bed was only a few feet from the door; this meant I heard everything in the hall at all times. The room decoration needed updating; two of the three dresser drawers were broken, and the curtains needed washing and repairs. The linen was clean - but stained, and the carpet needed a hoovering. I can't comment on the internet connection, as I used my 3G connection. In the morning on the 13th I placed the facecloth in the bottom of the bathtub - and expected a clean one. But the dirty facecloth was put back on the rack - which is unacceptable. On the positive side - the hotel is in a great location and the reception staff did note my comments at check-out.

I will avoid this hotel going forward.

Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank CityBreakGuy

Reviewed 13 February 2013

My husband and I attended a function in the hotel.

The service and catering were second to none. I was dissappointed with our room. We were on the 4th floor overlooking Queen St Train Station car park.

The room was very spaciou and like a loft conversion. The decor was quite dated. There were cracks in the ceiling and the bathroom wasn't up to scratch.

I really expected more from the accomodation in this hotel.

Bed was

Room Tip: Make sure you don't get a 4th floor room or you will be in the 'attic'.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 February 2013

We came down by train from Inverness and were very pleased to find the hotel close by. We were upgraded to a club room which was very spacious and overlooked George Square as did the bar restaurant. The bus stop for the airport was just across the way, all very convenient.

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade to a club room!!
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank eShuna
Reviewed 11 February 2013

Nice play to stay - Bathrooms were huge! Bed comfy and the staff were brilliantly helpful. Never bothered with breakfast but was ultimately a decent experience!

Location is absolutely perfect if you're visiting Glasgow, right on George Sq. it couldn't be any handier!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 February 2013

I stayed here on Saturday night, and thought it was really good. Our room and bathroom was extremely clean and we had no problems whatsoever. The location is perfect, right next to the train station and within walking distance to most things and of course, right on George Square. Breakfast was delicious although the bacon and scrambled egg were slightly cold. I had emailed before we arrived to ask for a front facing room for a better view and we were given one which I was pleased about. There is no car park here but you can park in the Buchanan Galleries car park for £10.00, just make sure you get your car parking ticket stamped by the reception staff when you leave. All in all, I would definitley stay here again although I do think it may be a slightly bit overpriced.

Room Tip: Front facing rooms are much better for the view although you might be woken by drunk people at 3 or...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Emma S
Reviewed 6 February 2013

What a shame that this hotel has issues.

Bad Points -

On checking in I had to ask for information on the Club Lounge, even though I had booked this upgrade.A sheet was printed off, but later when I went to enter the lounge my card wouldn't open the door. So back to reception.

The breakfast was shocking - I was asked if I wanted tea or coffee, I asked for tea but after getting breakfast still no tea, eventually I was asked again, this time I received my pot of tea, alas the tea bag had hardly any tea in it, so despite leaving it for 5 minutes it was still hot water. The food was cold, the egg bacon etc were stored in tureens with hinged lids on a table, but everything was cold. Not what I expect for a 4 star hotel.

I planned to complain when leaving, but as I wasn't asked if everything was alright with my stay, I got the impression that the management don't actually care.

That's a shame as the room was nice and the hotel is in a great location for our office.

We have now decided that this hotel will not be used by us for corporate stays, and thus not personal>

Room Tip: The rooms on the front have a good view, but suffer from traffic noise.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 February 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for my partners birthday on the 30th December, I was quite freaked out by the bad reviews on here and was even thinking about cancelling it, however would have lost my money... So off we went, parking is a bit of an issue near the hotel, we ended up parking in queen street station it was £10 for 24 hours. Reception was hassle free, we stayed in an ecxecutive suite overlooking george square (just) the room was lovely, recently refurbed, very spacious with a seperate seating area and even had a walk in closet, the room was lovely and hot, bathroom well stocked and clean bathrobes were supplied though never used them as they were solid( a wee bit of softener goes a long way!!) used the club room which supplied free beer and wine (which was 3 years out of date) not impressed!! Never ate in the restaurant for dinner however did have breakfast which was buffet style not really my thing but was adequate.. Overall a good stay for the price but if you go I really recommend asking for one of the the refurbed rooms!!!

• Stayed: December 2012