“I thought I had the wrong hotel!”

Millennium Hotel Glasgow
Ranked #79 of 95 Hotels in Glasgow
London, United Kingdom
“I thought I had the wrong hotel!”
Reviewed 25 October 2013

When reading some of the reviews, I really thought I had stayed in a different hotel so double checked the website. Nope, this is where I stayed. I don't know if they've just had a major refurbishment, but my room was spotlessly clean, no filthy carpet, no mould etc. There is nothing outstanding about the place, the staff was friendly and generally efficient. One major gripe - paying £5 for internet access in my room, that was so slow I couldn't even download my emails. Breakfast is not included, but if you buy a voucher in advance (i.e. don't just turn up to the restaurant) then you save about £3!

Room Tip: I had a room that backed on to what I assume is a major train station. Fine with the windows closed...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (394)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 23 October 2013

I have stayed at room 401 3 nights As I was attending a medical conference. I had not booked the hotel myself but I looked at the website and was quite satisfied with what I saw. Reality is quite different, is the dirtiest hotel I have ever been in my life, the carpet is filthy, the room very smelly, despite my room was far away from the station the noise has kept me awake the 3 nights. I complained but got nothing out of it. I really recommend folk to cancel the booking and stay at home, is not worth it. I will never come back here in my life not even they paid me a million pounds as I feel as my whole body, hair and clothes are infected of many years accumulation of dirt. I can not wait to arrive home and wash my body several times with desinfectant. My clothes are so smelly that I am ashamed of being close to other people. Will not go barefoot in my room for 2 million pound. Where is grime watch? Who has rated this hotel as 4 star? I would say 1 star if you press me hard. If I was living in the Uk I would had not stayed a single night, but I depend on my flight that us why I have been forced to stay. I considered to move to the Radisson men was fully booked. Stay away!!!

• Stayed October 2013

Travellers are raving about these Glasgow hotels

Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 23 October 2013

I booked this hotel for a business trip for around 10 people. The low prices and great location are what attracted me to this hotel, but I should have read more reviews.

The hotel is very outdated, but not in a cool old way, more like in a dirty moldy way.

There was mold in a few of the bedrooms and when we pointed this out to the staff, they said that they would simply have someone clean this. I don't believe they understood the health issues related to this. We then requested that they change the rooms, which took 2 days to do. It was extremely difficult to deal with the front desk staff and they did not seem to care at all.

My overall review:

• Unaccommodating staff
• Overall bad service
• Outdated and dirty hotel

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
Yuhzno Sakhalin
Reviewed 23 October 2013

Booked a Sat night as treat for my wife with a bit of shopping thrown in during the day
Had a `club room` with access to lounge and drinks between 5 to 7pm
Only drinks available were soft, beer and wine which was warm when we arrived at 5:20pm
Snacks were limited to crisps and packets of peanuts. There were only about 8 people in but that just about fills the very small area. I have to say in all my travels this is probably the poorest club lounge I have ever encountered but on the plus side the member of staff was a nice guy.
Hotel is generally very tired and in need of a serious upgrade
Bed was comfortable
Central heating was on and air con just did not cool the room even at lowest setting
Cannot fault the location on George Square with easy access to Merchant City and numerous bars/ restaurants. If you are here and looking for somewhere good to eat then try Urban just round the corner.
If you get a deal on the room and are not looking for luxury then the location makes up for the other stuff

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Guildford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 October 2013

Myself and nine of my colleagues won an all expenses paid trip to Glasgow for two days. Really excited we arrived at the hotel at 2pm when we were told we could check in. The man at the desk 'Alex' claimed our rooms
weren't quite ready yet. We went to a local pub for an hour and when returned we were told they still weren't ready and it could be half hour or more 'they didn't know'.

We understood it was busy, but the rudeness and hostility of the two men on the front desk was what concerned us the most. Numerous times I enquired about our rooms, and was shot down by these men. 'Alex' apparently pulled a face at me when I walked away, which I consider to be highly unprofessional.

When I enquired about whether breakfast was included in our stay, I was told it wasn't, later finding out they hadn't even checked and all 10 of us were to receive it.

Finally, Michelle the duty manager very professionally dealt with our issues, with absolute sincerity. However, over 2 hours after we should have checked in, we all had rooms. Considering we had all paid the same, the room quality ranged from one room with a generator operating loudly outside, to one with a walk in wardrobe!

They claimed there was nothing they could do. This experience definitely put a downer on the beginning of our trip. The hotel receptionists should be able to deal with the hotel at peak, and not make paying guests feel like second class citizens!

We were hoping for a VIP experience and the Millenium
Hotel definitely didn't provide this. Very disappointed.

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank Kimik1990
Lancashire
Reviewed 20 October 2013

I booked to stay at the Millenium a week before trvavelling. As the day was approaching 18th October I was getting more and more worried as the reviews were a little worrying to say the least. But I thought I am only here for one night although I had booked a three course meal at the hotel. I was a lone traveller and thought it was the sensible thing to do.

It was a bit busy in reception on arrival, a member of staff was absent due to ill health. When I booked in the assistant was very apologetic, very friendly.

I got out of the lift I felt comfortable, the decor was the right decor for the age of the hotel, it had a comfort factor, when coming off the raining streets it felt comfortable. I opened room 236 What a lovely surprise! I had been given a suite all to myself. It was perfect, spotlessly clean, the furniture was of a classic design, a huge double bed tastefully covered. A lovely bathroom, facilities to iron, extra bedding. Flat screen TV and coffee making facilities. I couldn't have asked for more.

I went down for my evening meal and wasn't disappointed. The service, the menu carefully planned, the wine list more than adequate.

I read people complaining about outside noise, at the end of the day you are staying in the middle of a city. The windows are solid and so were the curtains. You just hear a slight hum of busses going past. People these days like to complain rather than say something nice.

Breakfast, my favourite meal of the day. It was perfect, plenty of fruit to chose from, cooked breakfast, toast, coffee. All HOT!! for those who say it isn't.

A delightful end to a short stay, I wished I could have stayed longer.

The Hotel is perfectly placed, near to all the shops. Just outside the hotel on the opposite side of the road was the Tour Bus, it runs every half hour for 1hr 45, well worth £12 to learn about the richness of the city today and the yesteryears.

If you are thinking of going to this hotel you WILL NOT be disappointed.

Room Tip: A suite if you can.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Fairlie, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 October 2013

Booked this hotel again for a theatre break. Although on a deal I requested a front facing room and again they came up trumps. Took advantage of the pre booked cheese and wine offer. Excellent value, white linen, good wine and a fine selection of cheeses. Table was waiting for us in the conservatory as booked . Excellent table service. All just as it should be. Well done

Room Tip: Simply make a request. Front facing ie looking onto george square always a good bet
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple