“Afternoon Tea minus the customer service!” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Millennium Hotel Glasgow

Millennium Hotel Glasgow
Ranked #80 of 96 Hotels in Glasgow
Glasgow,Scotland
“Afternoon Tea minus the customer service!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2013

My mum & I headed to the Millennium Hotel for an afternoon tea using a voucher. (itison)
initial impressions weren't great. Was asked to wait as a table was cleared, rather than seating us then dealing with this task - the restaurant was nearly empty.
Then another member of staff came over to look up and down the bookings several times before finally locating our name on the short list! Then the GREEN highlighter came out to score us off!

Once seated, the prosecco arrived instantaneously. Great, we can have this then the tea platter can come out. Nope, that came out staright away too. The feeling that this hadn't been made especially for us was apparent!

Coffee came in a small pot and that was the last we saw a member of staff anywhere near our table!

My back was to the door which everytime it opened, it stuck. This resulted in myself and another woman from a nearby table taking it in turns to close it.

Overall? The sandwiches, cakes, coffee, prosecco were all spot on.
The customer service was non-existant.

The toilets REALLY need maintenance. Was shocked at how run down they looked.

Establishments really anger me when they don't fall over guests the same when they're on 'a deal'. Called me stupid, but I thought the whole point was to lure the client back this time, paying full price! How silly of me!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (389)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Dumfries, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2013

This is the 2nd time I have stayed at the Millenium. The hotel itself is lovely, brilliant location and very striking building. We arrived a bit early and the lady at reception was very accommodating and allowed us to check in early as our room was ready. The club suite we stayed in was lovely, very clean and large with a separate little living room. The bathroom also had everything you could need and very clean! (only thing is a few cracked floor tiles that could be replaced) Along with the suite we were entitled to free drinks in the club lounge between 5-7 which went down very well and the staff in there were also really nice and helpful! A buffet cooked Breakfast was also included and it was so good! Just what I needed after my 30th birthday party the night before. We never got to bed until around 5 as we were celebrating but I was woken at 8 with work going on in George Square which was unfortunate. I don't know how feasible it would be for the hotel to look at double glazing.... it would have improved my stay 10 fold to have a little bit longer in bed :) I also lost a necklace while at the hotel and although it couldn't be found the staff were great in looking for it after I had left, so thank you.

Room Tip: I would always go for a suite room, better value for money and more room in my opinion. however the...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2013

My wife and i enjoyed a one night stay at the millennium and have no complaints at all.Staff were friendly and helpful and the room was very large and well fitted out.No car parking on site would be the only downside to our stay.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2013

Stayed here for one night, an excellent hotel for the price. Staff very friendly and helpful. The hotel was immaculate. I would have loved to have stayed there longer. I certainly would recommend it o any one. The only down side was that breakfast was not included in the price,and when we looked at the menu it was rather expensive.

Room Tip: I had a second floor room which was perfect, as there is a lift. I did'nt hear any noise and had...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Aberdeenshire, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2013 via mobile

Arranged to stay at the hotel for a girls weekend with my mother and daughter. Best thing about this hotel is that it's so close to railway station.

On arrival the man on reception was very helpful and friendly, good start. We had vouchers for a meal in the restaurant which we had not booked, but the guy on reception made sure that we could get a table, but not until later which was ok considering we hadn't book..

Arrived at room which is very dated and stinking of stale smoke, not very nice.

Went down for meal just before 2030, ordered meal, starter arrived at 2130, now we had asked for my daughters meal at the same time as starter, 6yr old daughter getting her tea at that time.

Never managed to eat all courses we had paid for, because of such poor service. Was supposed to be eating at hotel on our 2nd night, which was also paid for, but could no face sitting another 1hr 30 mins.

Could write more, but very disappointed with hotel and the constant excuses for quiet simply shocking service!!

Would not recommend a trip at the Millennium.

Stayed November 2013
Sheffield, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2013 via mobile

I first stayed in this hotel back in April 2013, the stay was a disaster, from start to finish.
I was offered another stay in a Suite in the hotel, and was assured that the place had been refurbished and I would have a lovely time.
Nothing had changed!
The hotel is maintained to a very very low standard, for example the chair in our room was totally worn through on the arms, I went to move the deck light so the steam from the kettle did not go in it and the top of the light fell off!
Breakfast is reminiscent of a 1970s Butlins. We went down more than an hour before they stopped serving and they had run out a lot of things. I asked for some salami on day one - there was none, but I was told someone would bring some over. Never turned up.
The second day I asked for some again and was met with a response of 'I have no idea why that's still on the menu we stopped doing that months ago'
In general the staff were rude an unhelpful.
There are only two redeeming things about this hotel - the location and the Consierge!

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Irvine Ayrshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2013 via mobile

Room was very dated and had water marks on ceiling making it look quite dirty .Was very disappointed with the room. The hotel itself is in an ideal position for exploring Glasgow. Don't think I would stay here again as there are better hotels around in the same price bracket

• Stayed August 2013