“Only the location is good”

Millennium Hotel Glasgow
Ranked #80 of 96 Hotels in Glasgow
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Only the location is good”
Reviewed 25 November 2013 via mobile

As the title suggests this Hotel has a great location. It is central, ideal for the shops and next door to Queen Street Station. That is the only positive comment I have!

The bedroom I had was tired to the point of shabby. Whilst the bed and the bathroom were clean the walls were dirty, the paintwork was chipped and the air conditioning didn't work. Given the radiator was set to full blast cooling the room involved opening the poorly fitting single glazed window and enduring the noise from the train station below to get the temperature to a reasonable level. After a disturbed night due to heat and noise I went downstairs for breakfast. I left hungry as the chairs in the restaurant were so dirty and stained I was afraid to sit on them. As a regular user of Millennium Hotels this one came as a shock as they are usually very well maintained. Not so in Glasgow, I will not be returning.

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (393)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Ayr, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 November 2013

I haven't submitted a review for some time. However, having read many negative comments about the Millenium, I wanted to submit a positive review. I had afternoon tea using a voucher, this afternoon and we thoroughly enjoyed it. Reception staff were very welcoming, restaurant staff likewise, although our booking wasn't listed, this was managed without a fuss and we were quickly shown to a table. I had booked 3 veggie sandwich options which were lovely and fresh and a carnivore selection for 1. These were also fresh and served on a separate plate. It would have been better to have provided a selection of white and brown bread but this is a minor point. Cakes and scones lovely, coffee plentiful, service great. The ambience in the lovely high ceilinged restaurant was lovely. As good an afternoon tea,in fact better than that served in some much grander hotels, and I have sampled many! Thank you Jodi and team.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 November 2013

Had lunch there yesterday .
Having worked in catering myself ,found the staff were 10 out of 10 food great and ideal seats in conservatory over looking George square . We will be back soon great day thanks to all .

Glasgow,Scotland
Reviewed 21 November 2013

My mum & I headed to the Millennium Hotel for an afternoon tea using a voucher. (itison)
initial impressions weren't great. Was asked to wait as a table was cleared, rather than seating us then dealing with this task - the restaurant was nearly empty.
Then another member of staff came over to look up and down the bookings several times before finally locating our name on the short list! Then the GREEN highlighter came out to score us off!

Once seated, the prosecco arrived instantaneously. Great, we can have this then the tea platter can come out. Nope, that came out staright away too. The feeling that this hadn't been made especially for us was apparent!

Coffee came in a small pot and that was the last we saw a member of staff anywhere near our table!

My back was to the door which everytime it opened, it stuck. This resulted in myself and another woman from a nearby table taking it in turns to close it.

Overall? The sandwiches, cakes, coffee, prosecco were all spot on.
The customer service was non-existant.

The toilets REALLY need maintenance. Was shocked at how run down they looked.

Establishments really anger me when they don't fall over guests the same when they're on 'a deal'. Called me stupid, but I thought the whole point was to lure the client back this time, paying full price! How silly of me!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Dumfries, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 November 2013

This is the 2nd time I have stayed at the Millenium. The hotel itself is lovely, brilliant location and very striking building. We arrived a bit early and the lady at reception was very accommodating and allowed us to check in early as our room was ready. The club suite we stayed in was lovely, very clean and large with a separate little living room. The bathroom also had everything you could need and very clean! (only thing is a few cracked floor tiles that could be replaced) Along with the suite we were entitled to free drinks in the club lounge between 5-7 which went down very well and the staff in there were also really nice and helpful! A buffet cooked Breakfast was also included and it was so good! Just what I needed after my 30th birthday party the night before. We never got to bed until around 5 as we were celebrating but I was woken at 8 with work going on in George Square which was unfortunate. I don't know how feasible it would be for the hotel to look at double glazing.... it would have improved my stay 10 fold to have a little bit longer in bed :) I also lost a necklace while at the hotel and although it couldn't be found the staff were great in looking for it after I had left, so thank you.

Room Tip: I would always go for a suite room, better value for money and more room in my opinion. however the...
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 November 2013

My wife and i enjoyed a one night stay at the millennium and have no complaints at all.Staff were friendly and helpful and the room was very large and well fitted out.No car parking on site would be the only downside to our stay.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 November 2013

Stayed here for one night, an excellent hotel for the price. Staff very friendly and helpful. The hotel was immaculate. I would have loved to have stayed there longer. I certainly would recommend it o any one. The only down side was that breakfast was not included in the price,and when we looked at the menu it was rather expensive.

Room Tip: I had a second floor room which was perfect, as there is a lift. I did'nt hear any noise and had...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends