“overnight stay and christmas party night”

Millennium Hotel Glasgow
Ranked #80 of 96 Hotels in Glasgow
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“overnight stay and christmas party night”
Reviewed 26 December 2013

Great hotel for a party night,good atmosphere,good food and although staff were very busy they were helpful and pleasant. Our room was large with walk in wardrobe and large bathroom although friends rooms were smaller, beds were very comfortable and room was cleaned to a high standard. The only problem with the room was that it looked onto the roof of Queen Street station and we could here the station announcer from early morning.Breakfast was buffet style and very good and staff were very attentive. Would certainly return. The location is ideal as it is right in the city centre at George Square which was beautifully decorated for christmas

Room Tip: Ask for a room that does not overlook the railway station
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (393)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 23 December 2013

Are you kidding me. !!! I booked this hotel through BA as one if there recommended hotels !! 3 days and nights of smelly linen that had been washed and dried since the hotel opened. . Carpets, dust , old chairs from the dump . Slidey windows which overlooked queen street station 5am "the train now approaching" room. 201 never ever stay here . Horrible , dirty and damn right rude to have people pay that much money .. Wake up glasgow at least have your premier located hotels in a condition liveable.

• Stayed December 2013
2 Thank glasgowrecruiter

Travellers are raving about these Glasgow hotels

glasgow
Reviewed 18 December 2013

Had an afternoon high tea which was an offer from Itison . Lovely and fresh sandwiches, cakes and the best fruit scones. Great to sit and look out at all the xmas lights etc. Staff were run ragged but were very helpful..Good festive afternoon treat.

Almancil, Portugal
Reviewed 18 December 2013

Great location, within walking distance to both train stations and very centrally located.
Staff we're very friendly and helpful.
The rooms are ok, a little on the small side but the bed was annoying, it is on wheels so it keeps on rolling all over the place if you try to site on it or site up in bed :/
All in all a nice clean hotel, would definitely recommend.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Tamara I
Dundee, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 December 2013

After reading some of the reviews on here we were very anxious regarding our one night stay here - how wrong we were!! There were four of us, females on our Christmas weekend away. The hotel reception, bar and dining area was lovely and the hotel was very warm which is sometimes unusual in an old building. The staff were very courteous and efficient and we were checked into our rooms (222 and 316) which were club rooms fronting George Square. There was some noise later on in the evening, but we expected that being in an old building with original sash and case windows in the heart of Glasgow!! The room was lovely - clean, warm and spacious with all the usual amenities....what more could you ask for! The breakfast in the morning was also very good with a great selection of food for everyone, again the staff were very efficient and helpful. Overall, we had a great stay and would definitely stay here again as the location is second to none, we will be booking for next year. Thank you to all the staff.

1 Thank lozash
Coatbridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 December 2013

I booked this hotel and the Christmas party night. I only intended staying at the party night for a short time as I needed to be up and away early the next day. Once I got to my room I realised that my room was right above the party !! The DJ could well have been in my room with me! Absolutely horrendous! And to make matters worse, the TV doesn't even work! So I'm sitting in a room that looks like its straight out of the 70s, listening to party music with no TV. Great night!! I will never again stay at this hotel. Ever!

• Stayed December 2013
Reviewed 12 December 2013

Writing this in a bedroom at the Millenium Hotel, Glasgow. Imposing building in George Square but that is where I stopped being impressed.

In a 4 star (really?) hotel I do not expect
1) to pay for my accommodation up front and additionally have my card authorised for any extras.
2) to pay £5 a day for the use of an indifferent WiFi connection that keeps cutting out
3) to find a letter in my room (105) saying that on Thursday night there is a function and if I want they will move me to a quieter room - oh and that there will be no restaurant service on Thursday
4) after moving the first time to find the function noise in the quieter room (212) to be only marginally better but that in addition until 10pm the noise from the fair opposite was as bad
5) to find that when I move a second time this evening to another room (320) which was quieter noone offered to help me with my luggage - also why did they not give me the quieter room on the first change?
6) to buy vouchers for breakfast - thought that only happened in budget hotels
7) to find both of the first two bedrooms were shabby and had stains on the carpets
8) to have no proper desk & chair to work at in any of my rooms

On a positive note the 2nd and 3rd rooms actually has adequate lighting - but as I only got here at 10:30 I can't enjoy it much as I want to sleep!

I don't think I will be staying here again and will be advising my colleagues accordingly - I have spent well over 100 nights this year in hotels and this is the most disappointing. It is poor value for money and not the place if travelling on business.

Roll on travelling home tomorrow

Room Tip: Go to a different hotel
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business