“Great traditions”

Millennium Hotel Glasgow
Ranked #80 of 96 Hotels in Glasgow
“Great traditions”
Reviewed 14 April 2014 via mobile

It is wonderful this hotel has kept many of its traditional features.
If your looking for modern then this is not for you. This hotel is perfectly situated for all, sightseeing, shopping and more.
Tastefully decorated & the staff are all very welcoming.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (390)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 April 2014 via mobile

The hotels staff were friendly...first I press I on good until we opened the bedroom door. View over George square was great, but the noise was unbearable le. The Clea iness of the room was not great, but what stuck out was the the room was tired. It looks like it hasn't been decorated for a decade or more. The carpets are minging. We stayed for two nights and its nice to be home to get a sleep. Very disappointed as the price does not reflect the description on the website which states that this "is one of the finest hotels in Glasgow" we have stayed in far better for less money. Far from the finest!! One of the worst

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Alison H
Inverness, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 April 2014

Stayed here overnight and I would not recommend this hotel. The room we stayed in was in dire need of renovation. We could not get to sleep due to the horrendous noise from the ventilation fans outside our room. When we told this to the receptionist the only explanation we were offered was that the hotel was fully booked. Could not fault the staff, they were very friendly and helpful. We stay in Glasgow on a regular basis and I would not stay here again, there are much better hotels for the money in Glasgow.

• Stayed April 2014
glasgow
Reviewed 10 April 2014

I stayed here for a conference for 2 nights.The location of this hotel for the train station and the conference I was attending was fantastic. There were other good points including friendly and helpful staff and the food in the restaurant was of a high standard. Although I anticipated there being quite a lot of noise due to the location I don't think I had foreseen the noise level from within the room as it sounded like someone was 10 pin bowling in the room above. This may have been due to the location of my room (146) to the train station but it did keep me awake on the second night.
The other issue with the hotel was the general cleanliness of the hotel rooms. They're a bit dated and looking a bit tired but the condition of the carpets is appalling and I wouldn’t recommend anyone walks on them barefoot.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Leicester, England
Reviewed 8 April 2014 via mobile

I booked a Club room for the added benefits whilst staying here for a couple of nights on business.
Ideally located in Glasgow centre, parking and access to local restaurants & bars was easy.
The staff were very friendly and welcoming, from the front desk welcome, the waiting staff to the maids, everything was easy and pleasant.
Yes the hotel is tired and needs a refit, but it has charm and a change from the Premier Inns.
I had room 314 and there were a couple of plug sockets not working, the was shower weak and the noise from Glasgow's buses from 05:30 woke me but the bed was comfortable and wifi worked fine. In the public areas one of the two lifts was out of order, but the exercise did me good.

Would I stay here again? Yes, but after that refit!

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Aberdeen
Reviewed 7 April 2014

Booked a club room by telephone and requested a room with a sofa bed for my 3 year old - instead got a single bed, which she fell out of at 2am. However she slept through it (might have been because the beds were as hard as the floor). Rooms are a bit dated, but ok. Windows were closed, but you wouldn't know it with the level of noise coming from the street the entire night, including police sirens four times until 5am. A hotel that central needs decent windows.
Our room had what we believed was a cupboard, but on opening it discovered it was the interconnecting room to another suite - which was occupied by another guest (thankfully they were out) - the lock on their side of the door was broken!

Booked a large table in their bar for 6.30 as there were 10 of us - including 3 children. We had to wait until 7.15 to get our table and the kids were starving.
The only plus was the free drinks and snacks between 5-7 if you booked certain types of rooms and tea/coffee 24 hours.
I wont be back - ok if you are going to be partying all night anyway - terrible if you want any sleep at all. Came back from our break feeling exhausted.

Room Tip: There wasn't any 'quiet rooms' as even the rooms at the back of the hotel were subjected...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Paula S
Kirkwall, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 April 2014

I stayed here for 3 nights while on business. My room was no. 214. I am sure I was given an upgrade as my room was massive and overlooked George Square. Very well appointed room and huge bed with separate bathroom. Sleep was difficult because of the on going noise from George Square, so my only advice would be to get a bedroom at the back of the hotel.

Breakfast was excellent as was the service. Raymond who worked at the front desk provided me with a lot of help on maps and Glasgow's transport. So thank you to Raymond for being so patient.

Overall the Millennium is a great hotel and I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking George Square have great views but are very noisy at night.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business