“Location is absolutely the only acceptable thing about this hotel!”

Millennium Hotel Glasgow
Ranked #77 of 93 Hotels in Glasgow
Reviewed 10 May 2014

The hotel is undergoing a facelift for the upcoming Commonwealth Games. The 2 front entrances are. Locked by scaffolding, and there are no signs as to how to access the hotel.

The staff is not very friendly at all. The rooms are dirty and extremely warm! The bathroom is also very dirty, and it took several attempts to flush the toilet. They do not service the rooms if you stay multi nights, unless you request it. We requested service twice and they never came through, finally we asked for just some clean towels. We were told will bring them to you when we can. They brought us towels at 10:30 at night!

The restaurant food (dinner, tea, breakfast) is beyond DISGUSTING! There is a daily charge for WiFi and the connection is terrible at that.

The location is prime! Other than that, I would never again stay here, even for no charge at all!

Room Tip: If you can see the train stop from your window, you probably will not get much sleep!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Millennium Hotel Glasgow

Reviewed 7 May 2014

Had lunch today at the brasserie and really enjoyed the experience, staff were lovely and professional and the food was value for money and very tasty. If you fancy dining in the brasserie book a table in the glass fronted conservatory and enjoy the people watching, really enjoyable afternoon would go again, hopefully soon!! Many thanks to all staff!!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Pamela M
Reviewed 6 May 2014

This hotel was great looking from the outside but the rugs in the room were filthy. The location was great and staff was accommodating. We had medication that had to be kept between 36 -46 % Fahrenheit the staff moved us to a club room with a fridge, it didn't get down to 46 % so they froze my freezer packs and gave me a bag of ice which did the job. If the rugs and inside the room were cleaner I would have left a much better review.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 May 2014

What a shame! Despite its great location next to the station and George Square, grand downstairs spaces and heritage as one of Glasgow's great hotels, the Millennium has clearly had its day. Once I'd ventured upstairs (stairs preferable, lift tiny and slow), the decor of beige corridors and tired bedrooms is revealed. I couldn't stay in the first room assigned to me. It over the alley into the train station, and had a large, single-glazed sash window that let in all the noise from the station, including an unbearable drone. My second room was on the 4th floor and faced the station car park so was quiet, though quite stuffy and dark. Furniture OK though all stuffed at one side and a bit cramped. Bathroom ok.

Can't comment on the food. Returned to my room at 10.35 to discover that main room service finished at 10.30. As a very limited number of items were still available, I tried to order a sandwich. Efforts failed as no-one answered the phone. This is not 21st century service. I didn't have breakfast as my room rate didn't include it. Maybe. Two receptionists, two different answers. Either way, I wasn't sufficiently motivated to try it.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 May 2014

Great location, rooms clean and tidy, staff nice but not over friendly,breakfast good. However, one room not ready despite it being after three when we checked in. Waited over twenty minutes for four cocktails on the Saturday afternoon as there was only member of staff serving the bar, snacks and people having afternoon lunch and tea. The young girl did apologise and I did feel sorry for her. She seemed pretty overworked which really shouldn't have been the case as there were a number of staff standing around doing nothing. Quite an early breakfast time on a Sunday too. But overall a great deal for an overnight stay in the city.

Room Tip: Not overlooking the train station a you can hear the anouncements, not great early in the morning.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Favouriteword
Reviewed 30 April 2014

It was bad enough, having booked a double room a month in advance I was put in a single room, I asked for the room I had booked and paid for but was told that the "hotel was full up" I complained and the incredibly indifferent duty manager stomped out, hit the keyboard and stomped out, the apologetic (and rather nice and helpful I must say) receptionist said that he had put me in a double room after all.

En route to my room, the only working lift of the two was tiny, not sure you would get a wheelchair in there, more on lifts later. The corridor pretty, originally a light tan, was patched up with wedges of black sticky tape, which at least matched the heavy staining.. Room? I'll be kind and say tired, but stained, worn out and generally about to give up would be more accurate.

I went out for a bottle of water as there was no vending machine nearby - and that was a walk and a half late at night to find anywhere open. I got back and waited for the lift, as the doors opened a young "lady" was pulling her trousers back on, having clearly urinated on the floor. I know you caning blame a hotel for such disgusting behaviour, but even my comment to reception was met with no apology and more indifference.

Can I say anything nice? Well the bedlinen was threadbare, the furniture on its last legs, but the TV was decent.

Cannot comment in the breakfast, although I had booked and paid for it, and had the luxury of a late start the next morning, I was packed and checked out by 7.30 such was my disdain for this place.

I find it incredibly hard to believe that some genuine customers rate this place as four or five stars, frankly I find it hard to believe that anyone could give it three.... Find somewhere else in Glasgow find anywhere else in Glasgow.

Even stay in Edinburgh and commute if this is the only room available in the city

Avoid, you have been warned.....

Room Tip: Try another hotel
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 April 2014 via mobile

When first arriving I was impressed by the location and the reception. However the rest disappointed me. Having to wait ten minutes to be checked in despite only one person being in front of me who only took a few minutes to check in. The receptionist just wandered around not doing anything despite looking in my direction a good few times. When he finally did call me over he asked my name then gave me someone else's reservation. His reason for mixing them up was because our surnames were similar. Despite there being two lifts in the hotel only one was working and took a very long time to arrive. The room had pretty bad lighting and the window did not block out the noise from outside. The staff in the bar were lovely as was the food however the staff in the restaurant where I had breakfast seemed snobby and like they would rather be anywhere else. Due to the outside noise I did not sleep well. The receptionist who checked me out was a lot nicer than the other and is an asset to the hotel

• Stayed: April 2014