“Its a Good Place to Stay”
Review of Queens Park Hotel

Queens Park Hotel
Queens Park Hotel
Ranked #85 of 93 Hotels in Glasgow
Reviewed 31 August 2012

Have stayed here several time for a week, its a very easy going place. Rooms are good but some suffer from facilities not working fully!! like the shower. Wifi is free but covarage can be intermitant. so you may have to sit on the stair well to get reception! Would have no problem returning but runs expensive in summer months (far to expensive!).

Room Tip: Rooms at the back of the hotel seem to have worsed wifi coverage regardless of floor.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank ItsShoreRound

Reviewed 18 August 2012

The hostel provides no security. The front door was never once even closed during my stay, and the luggage storage that they provide doesn't lock. While both of these are by reception, the receptionist often was gone from the counter and left them unattended. There are no lockers or extra security features in the rooms, either. I actually had a large sum of money and an ipod stolen from me in my locked room while I slept. Staff did nothing for me, and told me I was wasting their time. Absolutely terrible customer service, and unacceptable. Bathrooms were hardly cleaned, and quite filthy every time I went in. WiFi was down during the majority of my stay, yet they still handed us all over the WiFi passwords telling us it would work perfectly. The only positive thing I can say about this hostel is that they provide towels for you every day.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
5  Thank Mallory W
Reviewed 3 June 2012

Clean room, comfortable bed with clean duvet covers and pillow case, towel provided, coffee and biscuits, and a complimentary breakfast bag in the morning. I booked the £13 with 4 bed dorm, but I was given a 8 bed dorm. I didn't enquire further, maybe they didn't want us girls to carry our heavy luggage all the way up. Good receptionist service and very friendly staff! Only downside is the location, a little far from the city.

Downside, terrible wifi connection!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jilliancat
Reviewed 6 May 2012

We travel to Scotland quite regularly and as we're on a tight budget we're always looking online for cheap deals. This was the first time we'd stayed at Queens Park and as you'd expect for a budget hotel, the rooms are very basic but they're clean and comfortable enough. The location is good too, plenty of on-street free parking outside the hotel overlooking a lovely park and it's only a 5-minute walk to Queens Park Station where there are regular trains taking just a few minutes into Glasgow Central. There are also shops, pubs and eating places nearby though it did look a bit of a rough area if you prefer something more upmarket. Our room was quite small but had everything we needed and at £35 for two of us for the night was great value.
On the downside, I was woken up by a group of people coming in making a lot of noise in the early hours, but once they'd passed our door I never heard any more noise. We've stayed in lots of cheap hotels and late night noise seems to go with the territory so we half expected it. The hotel is supposed to have wi-fi in all the rooms but we couldn't get it to work in our room for some reason and the shower was not great but it could have been much worse. There was a breakfast left outside our door - cereal and milk, fruit juice and biscuits, which was a nice start to the day.
All in all, the good things about the hotel much outweighed the bad. If I'd paid a lot of money for the room then I would have been annoyed about noisy guests, lack of wi-fi etc, but at the price we paid I was more bothered that the beds and the room was clean which they were, so I would definitely book again if we were staying in that area of Glasgow.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank bunny42
Reviewed 3 May 2012

I stayed at the Queens Park Hotel on 01/05/2012. Spotless room, comfy bed, tea, coffee and biscuits and a breakfast bag in the morning. great value at £25. Next time I'm in Glasgow that's where I'll be.
Bill Price.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank billprice356
Reviewed 1 February 2012

A really nice place to stay.
Rooms are small, can't find any lockers, cozy launge, good showers, cold breakfast under the door in the morning, really nice personal, fine beds and a good place to sleep. A bit far from the centre.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank panic_moon
Reviewed 21 December 2011

Great Staff, Room was good, Breakfast was sufficient. I dont understand the bad reviews this hotel does mre than it says on the tin (..budget..) I recommend it and will be staying again

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends