“Excellent Location Hotel”

Ranked #87 of 93 Hotels in Glasgow
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Excellent Location Hotel”
Reviewed 4 March 2014

I went to Glasgow for the first time last January. I arrived around 5 pm and it is already dark. SO I just bumped into this hotel which is located on the entrance of the Central Train Station.

Quite pricey I think with £82 per night without breakfast. But since I am quite tired after long journey by train, I took the offer.

The room was very nice, but little bit small. One thing I will not forget is they did fire drill when I just on the way to dream on my bed.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank salman f

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 9 February 2014

The hostel is located in the basement of this budget hotel. I think all the positive reviews are coming from people who live in the hotel. The hostel is quite different. I was placed in a 8 bed room in which half of the men were actually living there as residents. There are no lockers to secure your belongings, so be prepared to take all valuables with you when you leave for a walk. I left one small suitcase under the bed and while I was away, somebody had rifled though my stuff. Seriously, don't leave anything of value in your hostel room.

The room was pretty bad. The window was left open for ventilation. The bathroom was in the room with no ventilator and the door had a broken lock. No privacy in the bathroom and the smell would permeate the room after somebody took a dump. At night it became very cold with the window open. I slept with my clothes on and kept my valuables with me in bed. I was so happy that I had booked only 1 night in this place. It's not worth the 9 pounds to stay here.

Room Tip: Don't leave your valuables in the hostel - no lockers to secure your stuff.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
6 Thank Kermit D
Buckingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 February 2014

We did not look at Trip advisor before booking but as the hotel was very cheap we were not expecting anything very special. We had a room overlooking the park which was lovely and the budget room was adequate - a chair would have been nice! We moved the bed a little so that we could access it from both sides which was an improvement and the first night was fine. The shower in the morning was scalding but in an old converted building perhaps that was to be anticipated. The second night was horrendous with unacceptable noise both inside and outside the building until about 4.30am. The noise from outside made us fear for our car as the parking was just along the kerbside but the inside revellers made both my husband and I feel quite anxious as they shouted and cursed, banging on both our door and other doors along the corridor. With a three hundred mile journey home the following day, the lack of sleep was not helpful. Glasgow is such a wonderful city we were saddened that our accommodation was so disappointing.

Room Tip: Overlooking the park was ok but as a consequence we had to endure noise from the street.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Maggie W
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 September 2013

I am really happy wih this hotel! The staff was kind our room was good and they have been really helpful with everything!
The hotel is a bit out of the city center but it's only 5 minutes with a taxi ( around 5 pounds ).
And the area is really quite and there is a really nice park!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Tallinn, Estonia
Reviewed 12 September 2013

You get what you pay for, the staff are really friendly and helpful. The location is brilliant with on street parking in a nice area and a great aprk over the road. They leave breakfast outside the room in a bag which I did not eat cos I don.t drink milk but it is a bonus if you like cereal.
The room was comfortable needed a lick of paint though and the beds were really comfortable with crisp white sheets. Shower room was a bit shabby. The place could do with an overhaul re decoration but for £30 I do not expect the Ritz. It was good enough for me to book and extra night so it must have been pretty good. 15 mins drive to Glasgow and Queens Park station is 2 mins away if you prefer th

Room Tip: Ask for a low room the stirs looked a nightmare.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Daya101
Helsinki, Finland
Reviewed 25 August 2013

We arrived to this hotel late in the evening on the 13th of august. Exhausted by our day trip, we were delighted to get to the hotel and finally have a rest... but... at our arrival the the guy at the reception informed us that our reservation (made a month 1/2 earlier) was no longer and that their banking company had refused my payment! Why would this happen on the same day of our arrival stays a mystery.. The guy told me that his colleague tried to contact me the whole day, but I haven't received a single phone call, and a week later I saw on my mailbox (in the spams section!) a mail kindly telling: Good afternoon we have tried to get in touch with you regarding payment, I’m afraid your payment hasn't been authorized. So I’m afraid we can’t hold on to this room any longer." How can the payment not be authorized since I had paid the 10 % deposit a month ago! We were left after midnight without a bed to sleep on... fortunately I did not give up that easily and the guy told that he was going to check if there was some room left in the other hotels in the center. I booked the next night in the Queens Park hotel, and we spend the night in St Enoch hostel (which brings us to an other review), me in a shared female dorm and my mum and brother in a double room. This was a terrible night for us, but I have to admit that the guy at the reception was actually really kind and helpful. Otherwise the night we spent, in Queens Park was great, the room was big and mostly clean (a triple ensuite).

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 August 2013

Located in what appears to be a rough area of town. Website states they have free parking but in reality there is no parking included with the hotel it is at your own risk in the street. The rooms are tattered and the bed linens smell like the worst cheesy feet! As the door doesn't lock properly twice in the space of our 20 hour stay we were walked in on. Unfortunately to top all that off the staff don't seem to know when check out is so after having been advised it was 11:30 we were rudely thrown out at 11 by a scruffy man who barely spoke English.

• Stayed August 2013