“Basic but cheap”

Queens Park Hotel
Queens Park Hotel
Ranked #86 of 93 Hotels in Glasgow
Reviewed 5 July 2014

We paid £35 for a double room and booked on the day we were to arrive. Our main priority was a dog friendly hotel at a low price. We got a triple room (a whole bed for the dog!) and a park across the road for walkies. Free parking on the street right outside. Good size room and shower room, not immaculately clean but if it was then i don't suppose they would've allowed dogs. Didn't hear much noise until the morning until people were checking out and walking along the corridors but even then, it was more our dog disturbing us than the other customers.

Bonus surprise was a breakfast to go bag left outside the room, a bowl of cornflakes and apple juice. Also full size kettle, bourbon biscuits and plenty of tea/coffee/creamers.

Room Tip: We were at the back where it was quiet.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

Value for money perfectly fine for overnight stay, clean and comfortable, convenient to all surrounding areas, staff are polite and very helpful especially Lesley, thank you for our morning breakfast pack just the biz ! We wont hesitate to return basic but all we needed. Thank you

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank TicketyBooGlasgow
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Booked this for an overnight as we were at the Hydro for a gig - hotel called a taxi. It is a budget hotel situated opposite Queens Park.
Our reservation had "superiour double" on it but I wouldn't go as far as describing our room in those words. No 33 was on the first floor above the entrance with a nice view of the park opposite.
The room was clean and tidy but blinds didn't close as there was no cord however I was able to close them by brushing my hand down them and there are also curtains which can close - nobody opposite anyway.
The light on the vanity mirror in the bathroom didn't work and there were two brackets above the sink where a shelf had been but no longer was. I did report this to the gentleman on reception who said he would take a note of it.
The sink tap took a long time to reach a hot temperature and the plug was missing. The shower took a bit to heat up also but was sufficient.
There is no complimentary hairdryer so bring your own (there was 4 way plug extension on top of the drawer unit but no mirror except in the bathroom)
There is tea/coffee making facility and complimentary soap and shampoo with breakfast was left outside the door the next morning - polystyrene bowls with individual cereal and milk and orange juice cartons.
This hotel was friendly and good value for money. It doesn't pretend to be anything other than a budget hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank esfalkirk
Reviewed 25 May 2014

I needed a budget hotel close to Hampden Park, this fitted the bill. Although a little rundown, I found the staff friendly and informative. The room was clean and the bed comfortable, squeaked a bit, the pillows were some the most comfortable of any hotel I have stayed at.. All in all I enjoyed my 2night stay. Very handy for queens park train station, 10min walk, 2stops from Glasgow Central Station.

Room Tip: Room 31 was quiet at back of Hotel, the Hotel is in a very quiet location
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank xantiauk
Reviewed 20 April 2014

We were nicely surprised by breakfast left outside our room,even though it was written that they don't serve breakfast. Also, we were family of 4 and lived in a room for 8 people and therefore had plenty of space. Another family lived in a nice room with beautiful view. Even though it is quite far away from the city centre, nice park gives this hotel very big bonus!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 March 2014

I went to Glasgow for the first time last January. I arrived around 5 pm and it is already dark. SO I just bumped into this hotel which is located on the entrance of the Central Train Station.

Quite pricey I think with £82 per night without breakfast. But since I am quite tired after long journey by train, I took the offer.

The room was very nice, but little bit small. One thing I will not forget is they did fire drill when I just on the way to dream on my bed.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank salman f
Reviewed 9 February 2014

The hostel is located in the basement of this budget hotel. I think all the positive reviews are coming from people who live in the hotel. The hostel is quite different. I was placed in a 8 bed room in which half of the men were actually living there as residents. There are no lockers to secure your belongings, so be prepared to take all valuables with you when you leave for a walk. I left one small suitcase under the bed and while I was away, somebody had rifled though my stuff. Seriously, don't leave anything of value in your hostel room.

The room was pretty bad. The window was left open for ventilation. The bathroom was in the room with no ventilator and the door had a broken lock. No privacy in the bathroom and the smell would permeate the room after somebody took a dump. At night it became very cold with the window open. I slept with my clothes on and kept my valuables with me in bed. I was so happy that I had booked only 1 night in this place. It's not worth the 9 pounds to stay here.

Room Tip: Don't leave your valuables in the hostel - no lockers to secure your stuff.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo