“Terrible experience!”
Review of Wau Cafe - CLOSED

Wau Cafe
Price range: US$2 - US$6
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Description: Opening Hours Tuesday - Friday - 15:00 - 21:00 Saturday - 12:00 - 21:00 Sunday - 12:00 - 18:00
“Terrible experience!”
Reviewed 13 April 2013

I normally don't write reviews either but I wanted to help other people trying to find out a little bit more about this restaurant.
The overall experience was terrible! From the nasty water with lemon we were served as soon as we sat down to the starter that consisted of dry chicken wings...chewy lamb and unfrozen spring rolls to the diet Irn Bru (we asked for normal one) to the stinky nasty main courses...everything was a disaster! Not to mention they never had coke and they didn't serve prawns in the starter plate knowing that the menu clearly says prawns come in the shared player for two. I have no idea why people gave this restaurant good comments...i feel that they the never went to the same restaurant we went to today. In case U haven't made ur mind yet...i have to say we walked out without ordering dessert even though it was already included in our voucher.

• Visited April 2013

“Terrible, nothing like authentic Malaysian food.”
Reviewed 12 April 2013

I visited Malaysia a few years ago and have another trip planned later on this year. I was encouraged to visit for a takeaway having read previous comments. I arrived to see most tables reserved and this encouraged me to order.

There was a 30 min wait for our meal which is not a problem and made me think my food would be freshly cooked. When I opened the box's I was extremely sdissapointed having spent £28 for a mixed starter for two and two main meals, I thought the food would include varied ingredients and be full of flavour!

Starter consisted of basically spring rolls, chicken wings, lamb ribs and empenada style bites. These were all incredibly bland and represented larger pieces of an frozen food party pack.

Main course was even more disappointing, I ordered the laksa curry and it lacked any flavour and consisted of udon noodles with big bits of tofu in a slightly fishy sauce! My partners meal was even worse!

This is the first review I have ever written as I normally eat anything, although now most of my dinner is in the bin and my wallet is £28 lighter I am very annoyed!

glasgow scotland
“ok food terrible service.”
Reviewed 11 April 2013

went with £18 voucher last night,,,had to wait for 10 mins before being served, had to ask for our drinks half way through our starter, the food was ok and there was plenty on the table, had to ask for a doggy bag and never need to do this. when the bill came we had been over charged by £4-5 questioned the waiter but he said it was correct,,our bill should only have been £4 not £9,,,not that bothered as that was their tip ha ha,,,probably will not return,,too many other different restaurants to try,,

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“worth trying”
Reviewed 8 April 2013

visited this cafe in the west end area of Glasgow last week. It is small - and has a limted number of tables therfore booking is advised (if they accept bookings). The surroundings are very basic but don't let that put you off. The cafe was very busy when i went. Service wasn't that fast but the food is well worth waiting for - you can taste that its all freshly prepared daily, if not to order.

The waitress was very friendly and offered assistance when choosing food. She was happy to provide recommendations. (The waitress also asked me if there was anything they could improve on when we had finished our meal - which was a refreshing comment. I've never been asked this before in an eatery.) I loved the whole experience and will defintely go back. Also very reasonably priced.

Try the prawn fritters they were scrumptious. Roti with potato curry also very delicious. Fried chicken looks good too. My friend had the special fried rice , which as tasty but is spicy. I had the laska curry which was packed with meat, fish and shellfish - the portion was huge. Really tasty. Be sure to get a bandung to drink they are fab. There wasn't much on the menu that i didn't fancy trying.

Bring your glasses to read the menu - its quite small print. My friend had to read the options out to me!

I don't think they serve alchohol but that made no difference to our enjoyment.

If you like Malay food - you need to try this cafe - make sure you are not in a hurry as the food is worth the wait.
(And as for my suggestions on what they could do better - nothing other than move to larger premises!)

(I've scored it average for families with kids simply because of the limited number of tables)

1 Thank tracy p
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Great Food and charming service”
Reviewed 26 February 2013

Went here with a group of 17 for dinner. What a spread and great night Eny and young Adam put on! The dishes were varied but all extremely good. The lamb soup isn't much to look at but as we all know looks can be deceiving!!

• Visited February 2013