Conveniently located in what was once the dreaded Gorbals, this Premier Inn is central enough that you can easily walk to a lot of the city's attractions and amenities, such as Glasgow Green, the People's Palace, the cathedral and necropolis (well worth a visit), the Gallery of Modern Art, the central shopping areas along Argyle Street, central station, and quite a few pubs and cafes. It has off-street parking (very useful).
The room was spotlessly clean, the staff friendly and helpful: all in all a great experience, recommended to anyone who's happy with a cheap decent no-frills hotel. My only quibble was that (unlike some others) I thought the breakfast overpriced at £8.50: I don't usually want to eat my own weight in bacon in the morning, and resent paying that much for a few pieces of toast and a cuppa. If you are a big eater, or travelling with kids (under-16s eat free), then the economics change a bit, and it may be worth it for you. But this wouldn't put me off staying there again, if I was in the area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Scotland's first and only curved hotel - 5 min walk from the main attractions of Glasgow City Centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Premier Inn, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre South Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre South Hotel Glasgow
- Tulip Glasgow
- Glasgow Premier Inn
- Tulip Inn Glasgow
- Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre South Hotel Scotland