Premier Inn Glasgow City South in Ballater St. is very easy to find, with easy access to and from M74 motorway.
Quad Room pre-booked 4 days earlier on Booking .com, for 4 nights B&B = £343 .
Nice chatty check-in lady, wrote down the number to call if we have any problems.
Compact public area with busy bar/costa outlet next to reception, and restaurant behind a glass partition. Everything modern.
Room 310 on third of 9 floors, overlooking a courtyard area with rubbish bins.
Nice room – usual purple, set up for 2 people. UK King bed (US queen), with small table on one side and shelf on other. Choice of pillows, 2 firm and 2 soft. Bed-settee along window wall. Small open wardrobe with 6 sturdy hangers. Tea-making (but bring your own biscuits). Hairdrier (but no safe or fridge). Desk and chair with large flat-screen on wall opposite bed. 2 nice flower pictures, long mirror and small well-lit mirror by wardrobe. Standard lamp and 2 bedside lamps. Temperature control on wall near bedside operates an efficient wall heater by the door.
En-suite with double shower stall, glassed in. (shower tends to run cold, on second shower) Wall dispensers for hair and body gel and for hand soap (but hand soap one doesn’t work). Towels not very thick or soft, but a reasonable size. No tissues. Toilet flush is too weak.
Wifi free for 30 mins per day, then £3 for a 24 hour period - very fair, but it didn’t work!. Message says ‘Internet Explorer blocked ... content with Security Certificate errors’ .
- Buffet breakfast, excellent value at £8.25 pp and free for under 16s. Jugs of juice and milks, all on labelled mats. Fresh fruit salad and bowl of fruits of the forest. Yogurts. 6 cereals in dispensers and muesli, with fixings: raisins, banana chips, dr apricots, dr papaya, pumpkin seeds. Cooked breakfast items well stocked and replenished (no black pudding). Croissants, crumpets, mini muffins and sliced bread to toast. Coffee machine. Nice friendly staff. (On 3rd morning, Croissants were seriously undercooked, and there were no crumpets for ages, until just as we were leaving.)
- Easy parking, in car park along front of hotel
- 5 mins walk to Bridge Street subway station
- 10 mins walk to St Enoch Centre.
- 15 mins walk to George Square
Will definitely stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Scotland's first and only curved hotel - 5 min walk from the main attractions of Glasgow City Centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Premier Inn, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre South Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre South Hotel Glasgow
- Tulip Glasgow
- Glasgow Premier Inn
- Tulip Inn Glasgow
- Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre South Hotel Scotland