“Free Parking”

Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre South Hotel
Ranked #20 of 93 Hotels in Glasgow
Reviewed 10 December 2013

I often stay here for gigs at the Barrowlands or anytime I need to take my car, as it's one of the few city centre hotels with free parking. Although it's south of the river it is only a short walk to Glasgow Cross and the Merchant City. It has the usual premier inn comfy beds and clean, quiet rooms. The breakfast buffet can get a bit hectic at the weekends, but with the bar open until 2am, and breakfast up until 11.30am at weekends it's got everything you need.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
David B, Manager at Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre South Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2013

Dear CacaMck,

Many thanks for your review of Premier inn Glasgow City Centre South. The team work extremely hard to deliever a good service, in a friendly comfortable environment and I am glad to see that we managed to achieve this.

I hope you continue to stay with Premier Inn, and we can welcome you back in the future.

There are newer reviews for Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre South Hotel

Reviewed 8 December 2013

Stayed for one night. The place is clean and modern. Big TV in the room. Shower cubicle instead of a bath, which is the size of the bath and therefore massive. Water pressure excellent. Location is fairly central and was handy for my visit to the O2 Academy. There's also a late bar, which was handy because we couldn't find anywhere else local which was open. Perhaps that's because we visited on Wednesday, or perhaps that's my lack of local knowledge. Your experiences may differ.

Only gripe - ordered twins and got doubles, and went to reception too late to have someone make them up, so two of my party of four made their own beds out of the sofas. And there's no phone in the room the one time I need one. Although I can live with all of this. Wouldn't at all put me off using it again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Ian G,

Thank you for your review of Premier Inn glasgow City Centre South. I am glad that you had a nice stay and that we were at a convenient location for the even which you were attending. I have noted your comments about the beds, and I would like to apoogise for the poor service that you received in this instance.
Should you wish to discuss this matter with me, I can be contacted via email at operationsmanager.glasgowcitycentresouth@premierinn.com, however I assure you that we will be addressing this with the team to ensure that this situation does not happen again.
I hope you continue to stay at Premier Inn, and look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 7 December 2013 via mobile

We stayed here with friends while attending a recent concert. Hotel rooms were really nice with the comfiest beds and very soundproof rooms. We were on a meal deal and the food was lovely and service at breakfast and dinner was great. Only grumble was the reception service wasn't great with no meal times or any details just a case of handing us our keys but otherwise was great!

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Claire M,

Many thanks for your review of Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre South. I am glad that you enjoyed the rooms and that you had such a pleasant time in our restaurant. I do note your comments regarding reception and I shall be passing this on to the team to help us deliver a better service to you in the future.

I hope your concert was good, and I would look forward to welcoming you back to Premier Inn in the future.

Reviewed 1 December 2013

I stay there often. Sometimes just with my son when on a football trip or come 4 a few days with my partner 4 a little break back in my homeland.. Couldn't wish 2 meet better staff. Manager is a great fella. Wouldn't stay anywhere else in Glasgow.. Rooms beautifull very clean hotel throughout, breakfast spot on. Comfortable 2 sit 4 a pint in the evening. But I must say the manager & his staff really make this place brilliant.. Back on man the 10th can't wait..

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
David B, Manager at Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre South Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2013

Dear John S,

Many thanks for the lovely review of Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre South.
I am pleased to see that you enjoy the rooms and the food as the team work really hard to deliver the best service to all our guests.

It is also great to see that you appreciate how we look after you and your family. We like to get to know our guests, and make them feel welcome and looked after. I will pass your comments on to the team and I am sure they will be delighted to read them also.

I hope you and your family have a lovely Christmas, and I look forward to welcoming you back to Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre South in the new year.

Reviewed 13 November 2013

We stayed here overnight, having gone to Glasgow to see Alex Ferguson's interview. The room was clean and comfortable with a good sized bathroom. Breakfast was very good. The only disappointment came during our evening meal. We had booked to eat at 9.15pm. Everything progressed well through starters and the main courses and the food was very good. however, when we asked to order puddings, we were told the kitchen had closed. We were disappointed and do not think this is good customer service. We had not spent an unduly long time on our first two courses and I feel that if the hotel offers a 9.15 sitting for dinner, the full menu should be available or guests should at least be made aware in advance that it may not be.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank twiceover2

Dear Twiceover2,

Many thanks for your review of Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre South.
I am glad you had a pleasant stay and that you enjoyed the breakfast and our rooms which the team wor really hard to deliver.

I was dissapointed to see that the experience you had at dinner was not of the standard that we deliver. I can assure you that we will be looking into the issue that you have raised, and will be dealing with it to ensure that this will not happen again.

If you would like to discuss this matter with me, I would be more than happy to do so, and hopefully reassure you that next time you stay with us, you will receive a much better standard of service. My email address is operationsmanager.glasgowcitycentresouth@whitbread.com.

Reviewed 13 November 2013

This is the second time we have stayed here and we would definitely come back again. We've attended two live music events so the location is perfect as it is just a short walk across to Glasgow Green and along to the Barrowlands. If you like shopping, Argyle Street, etc is a 10-15 minute stroll. The staff are all very welcoming and friendly and the hotel is spotless. We requested the same (lovely large) room we had stayed in before and they managed to accommodate us so we were delighted. The bed is one of the most comfortable I have ever slept in and the food is lovely! You can also park safely here (free for guests) which is a huge plus. Highly recommended!!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Justine G
David B, Manager at Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre South Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2013

Dear Justine G,

Thanks for taking the time to review your stay with Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre South. Your feedback is very important to us and we are delighted that you had a good stay and you found our location convenient during your travels. I hope you enjoyed your concerts, and should you have any more coming in the future, we would be delighted to welcome you back to Premier Inn.

Reviewed 13 November 2013

Having seen many Premier Travel Inn adverts for a '£29 room' but never been able to find one, my wife and I could not resist taking a room on Sunday for the aforementioned price. We were very pleased to find the usual standard of room cleanliness and quiet night promise, as in other PT Inns.
This particular one suited our needs perfectly as we enjoyed the walk over the Victoria Bridge into central Glasgow (10 mins) and we didn't want to eat in. The car park was very good and the staff could not have been more helpful and Sunday night did indeed (with an advanced booking) cost £29. A real bargain.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Doncasterover

Dear Doncasterover,

We are delighted that your stay withPremier Inn Glasgow City Centre South met your expectations and you experienced the high level of service we endeavour to give our guests.I have passed your review onto our team who will be delighted to read your comments.
Thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay, your feedback is so important to us in our continued efforts to deliver the best service.
We do look forward to welcoming your back to Premier Inn in the future.