“Meal was standard”

Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre South Hotel
Ranked #21 of 93 Hotels in Glasgow
Reviewed 19 December 2013

I didn't stay here but I did meet some people for dinner .... Not my choice. Food was your average PI deep fried ping ping food. Hotel is located in a less affluent side of town so needed to get a taxi back to my hotel in town.

Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
David B, Manager at Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre South Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 December 2013

Dear Phil N,

Thank you for the review of Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre South.

I have read your comments regarding our restaurant and i am dissapointed that we did not meet your expectations. I have spoken to my restaurant team and we will be using your feedback to help coach and develop the team to ensure that these instances cannot happen in the future.

Should you wish to discuss this matter further, please feel free to contact me by email at operationsmanager.glasgowcitycentresouth@whitbread.com.

There are newer reviews for Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre South Hotel

Reviewed 14 December 2013

Stayed for two nights earlier this week on a business trip with colleagues. The place is clean and modern. Room amenities are overall excellent: big TV, extremely comfortable bed and bedding, large shower with probably the best water pressure I've had in any hotel. Hotel rooms are clean and appear generally well maintained! The manager and his team were were extremely friendly, welcoming and eager to serve. Breakfast choice was excellent and great quality too. Only little grumble is the minute offerings of tea and coffee in the room, the coffee and sugar sachets are tiny. Overall, a great hotel with great staff and I would happily book there again!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

Dear StigsGirl,

Many thanks for your kind review of Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre South. I am delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. the team work really hard to deliver the highest possible standards, and they will be happy to read your comments.

I hope you continue to stay with Premier Inn and I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 11 December 2013 via mobile

No probs with the hotel but the restaurant service was poor, I booked my table for 6.30pm and had my starter at 7.15pm then followed by my main at 7.50pm. At 8.20pm I was asked if there was anything else, seeing as though I was having a 3 course meal I said I would like my dessert please. I got out of there at 8.55pm. Night over. Not good.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
David B, Manager at Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre South Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 December 2013

Dear Anthditch,

Thank you for the review of Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre South. Where i am glad that you liked the hotel i am dissapointed to note the poor service you received in our restaurant. I would like to apologise for the length of time that it took to receive your meal, and I hope it did not inconvenience your night too much.

I have passed on your feedback to our restaurant team and we will be looking into this matter with a view to making sure that incidents like this do not continue. I would be happy to discuss this matter further with you and to that end, I can be contacted via email at operationsmanager.glasgowcitycentresouth@whitbread.com.

I can assure you that this is not our normal standard of service at Glasgow City Centre South, and hope you continue to stay with us in the future, so that we may show how good our service can be.

Reviewed 10 December 2013

I often stay here for gigs at the Barrowlands or anytime I need to take my car, as it's one of the few city centre hotels with free parking. Although it's south of the river it is only a short walk to Glasgow Cross and the Merchant City. It has the usual premier inn comfy beds and clean, quiet rooms. The breakfast buffet can get a bit hectic at the weekends, but with the bar open until 2am, and breakfast up until 11.30am at weekends it's got everything you need.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
David B, Manager at Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre South Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2013

Dear CacaMck,

Many thanks for your review of Premier inn Glasgow City Centre South. The team work extremely hard to deliever a good service, in a friendly comfortable environment and I am glad to see that we managed to achieve this.

I hope you continue to stay with Premier Inn, and we can welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 8 December 2013

Stayed for one night. The place is clean and modern. Big TV in the room. Shower cubicle instead of a bath, which is the size of the bath and therefore massive. Water pressure excellent. Location is fairly central and was handy for my visit to the O2 Academy. There's also a late bar, which was handy because we couldn't find anywhere else local which was open. Perhaps that's because we visited on Wednesday, or perhaps that's my lack of local knowledge. Your experiences may differ.

Only gripe - ordered twins and got doubles, and went to reception too late to have someone make them up, so two of my party of four made their own beds out of the sofas. And there's no phone in the room the one time I need one. Although I can live with all of this. Wouldn't at all put me off using it again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Ian G,

Thank you for your review of Premier Inn glasgow City Centre South. I am glad that you had a nice stay and that we were at a convenient location for the even which you were attending. I have noted your comments about the beds, and I would like to apoogise for the poor service that you received in this instance.
Should you wish to discuss this matter with me, I can be contacted via email at operationsmanager.glasgowcitycentresouth@premierinn.com, however I assure you that we will be addressing this with the team to ensure that this situation does not happen again.
I hope you continue to stay at Premier Inn, and look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 7 December 2013 via mobile

We stayed here with friends while attending a recent concert. Hotel rooms were really nice with the comfiest beds and very soundproof rooms. We were on a meal deal and the food was lovely and service at breakfast and dinner was great. Only grumble was the reception service wasn't great with no meal times or any details just a case of handing us our keys but otherwise was great!

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Claire M,

Many thanks for your review of Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre South. I am glad that you enjoyed the rooms and that you had such a pleasant time in our restaurant. I do note your comments regarding reception and I shall be passing this on to the team to help us deliver a better service to you in the future.

I hope your concert was good, and I would look forward to welcoming you back to Premier Inn in the future.

Reviewed 1 December 2013

I stay there often. Sometimes just with my son when on a football trip or come 4 a few days with my partner 4 a little break back in my homeland.. Couldn't wish 2 meet better staff. Manager is a great fella. Wouldn't stay anywhere else in Glasgow.. Rooms beautifull very clean hotel throughout, breakfast spot on. Comfortable 2 sit 4 a pint in the evening. But I must say the manager & his staff really make this place brilliant.. Back on man the 10th can't wait..

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
David B, Manager at Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre South Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2013

Dear John S,

Many thanks for the lovely review of Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre South.
I am pleased to see that you enjoy the rooms and the food as the team work really hard to deliver the best service to all our guests.

It is also great to see that you appreciate how we look after you and your family. We like to get to know our guests, and make them feel welcome and looked after. I will pass your comments on to the team and I am sure they will be delighted to read them also.

I hope you and your family have a lovely Christmas, and I look forward to welcoming you back to Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre South in the new year.