“Quality at a budget price”

Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre South Hotel
Ranked #20 of 93 Hotels in Glasgow
Reviewed 6 January 2014

The location was just perfect-near to the city centre but also having it's own car park facilities.The welcome was exceptional and nothing was too much trouble for the reception staff.Premier inn stands for a higher quality at a budget price.

Room Tip: All seemed to be ok
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank gaz4caz
David B, Manager at Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre South Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2014

Dear GARRYWARDLE,

Many thanks for the kind review of Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre South. I was pleased to see how much you enjoyed your stay and particularly that the reception team were so helpfull. We work very hard as a team to ensure that your stay is a memorable one, and I will be passing your comments onto the reception who will be delighted to hear them.

I hope you continue to stay with us at Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre South, and I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

There are newer reviews for Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre South Hotel

Reviewed 6 January 2014

I've said it before and will say it again, you cant beat a Premier Inn; and this was no exception. On booking I was concerned by some dodgy comments on this site about the location being the Gorbals, so I rang the hotel and my mind was put at ease by the reception staff. Technically yes, the hotel is in the Gorbals but since its bad reputation in the 60's the area has been remodeled and is only on the edge anyway. Myself and my 15 year old Daughter returned after dark each evening without concern so don't let this put you off. On arrival the reception staff were efficient and helpful, offering suggestions for activities and transport during our stay. We booked the excellent £22.99 3-course meal deal which includes breakfast, and ate in the restaurant that evening. The room was typical Premier Inn, basic but clean, comfortable and modern. We chose this hotel because of the free car park and used the subway to get around. A day ticket was the best value and you are only a 10 minute walk away from 2 stations, one of them being St Enochs which is at the start of the main shopping areas (so if this is your passion you won't even need the subway). Premier Inn are great value at the standard price but if you get the sale price (£29) as we did, they cannot be beaten anywhere.

Dear Argentum66,

Thank you for the lovely review of Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre South.
I was delighted to see that you had such a good stay with us and I will be passing your comments on to the team who will be equally pleased.

I hope you continue to stay with Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre South, and I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 6 January 2014

Fab. Feels almost grand, with reception/lounge/bar area well furnished and warmly decorated.
The staff, all that we met, were friendly, welcoming and helpful.
Extra large screen tv with Mediahub connectivity a real plus (we didnt know about it but will remember for next time, because yes there will be a next time)
Gorgeous big shower cubicle as well as great standard room.

Dear Tracie-Lou-Pea,

Many thanks for the wonderful review of Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre South. I was delighted to see how much you and your family enjoyed staying with us. We work very hard to ensure that our guests have a good stay and the team will be pleased to read your comments.

I am glad you will stay with us again, and look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 6 January 2014

This hotel is in an excellent location, free phone for a taxi to take you into town which will cost approx £5.

Staff are very helpful and friendly.

Bar prices are reasonable as is the food not over inflated like other hotels in Glasgow.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Rosie C696,

Many thanks for the kind review of Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre South.
I am glad that you enjoyed your stay, and that the team helped to make that possible.

I hope you continue to stay with us and i look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 3 January 2014

This is my 3rd visit to this Hotel great free car parking. we went as a family 4 this time. We decided to get away just after the New year to relax for a night & we booked this one. the staff where very nice & friendly on arrival & they made you very welcome. the room was very clean too. The Walk to the city centre was about 5-10mins which we enjoyed. then we went back to hotel for dinner, the food was really good & we had Breakfast next day but I was a little bit disappointment I must say my husband & son went down a few minutes before my daughter & I to get a table & to order our breakfast but for some reason the waitress wouldn't take my order from husband she would wait for my-self to come down but I had to wait 15mins while my husband had finished his... so didn't eat our breakfast together which was not very nice. why cant this Premier inn be a help your-self fry ups as much as you want the way other Premier inn's are & should be.

Dear Nicola W,

Thank you for the review of Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre South. I am glad that you had a pleasant stay.

I have noted your comments regarding breakfast, and I will be looking into why the team would not take the full order from your husband. It is common practice, if the restaurant is quiet, to cook the breakfast to order. This is to ensure the freshest possible food and a better quality for our guests, however it is still all you can eat and the team should have informed your husband of this.

I hope you continue to stay with us at Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre South, and I can assure you that you will not have any further issues when ordering a meal. In the meantime should you wish to discuss this further with me, i would be delighted to do so. My email address is operationsmanager.glasgowcitycentresouth@whitbread.com

Reviewed 2 January 2014

Just outside city centre, five minuite walk away from city centre. Hotel staff excellent. Rooms very clean and quite along with free parking.
staff very helpful and friendly. Close to all football stadiums and secc

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Hugh C,

Many thanks for the review of Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre South. We use all reviews for training and motivating the team, and they will be delighted to read your comments.

I hope you continue to stay with us in the future.

Reviewed 31 December 2013

Had a really good long weekend in Glasgow, the hotel was clean and comfortable and the staff were all very friendly and helpful. Food was of good quality and very reasonably priced. It was within easy walking distance of the City Centre and or the subway system.
At £29 a night for a family of 4 people, it is fantastic value for money.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
David B, Manager at Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre South Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2014

Dear Mike S,

Many thanks for your kind review of Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre South.
I am glad that you had a pleasant stay with us, and I will pass your comments on to the team.

I hope you continue to stay with Premier Inn and I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.