“Good stay in Glasgow”

Ranked #19 of 93 Hotels in Glasgow
Cleveland
“Good stay in Glasgow”
Reviewed 18 February 2014

Spent 3 nights at the Premier Inn, just south of the river. Local area not brilliant but car parking was adequate and it was only a 15 minute amble into the centre of Glasgow, so location is quite good.
Hotel was clean and comfortable and the staff were very helpful.
All in all, excellent value for money

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
David B, Manager at Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre South Hotel, responded to this review, 22 February 2014
Dear JMBRamblings,

Thank you for your review of Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre South. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and particularly happy that the team did their very best to ensure your stay was comfortable. It is certainly a bonus having a carpark located so close to the city centre and I am pleased that this helped in your travels and visit to Glasgow.

I hope you continue to stay with Premier Inn and I look forward to having the opportunity of welcoming you back.

David

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
  • Korean first
Sunderland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 February 2014

Stayed here two nights to visit SECC for Caravan show. (Internet pre-paid non-refundable booking) All staff, reception, restaurant and cleaning were polite and attentive, a real credit to the hotel. Secure parking and well placed for the SECC only couple of miles away. Desk staff very helpful and informative on things to do in Glasgow. In house restaurant served excellent evening meals as well as extensive buffet breakfast. We took advantage of 'meal deal' -dinner + breakfast for £23 p.p. felt it was very good value, good choice and attentive staff.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Maureen B,

Thank you for the kind review of Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre South. I am delighted that you had such a nice stay and I will be passing your comments on to our team, who will be equally pleased.

I hope you continue to stay at Premier Inn and I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Rossendale, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 February 2014

This is such a good hotel. The staff are friendly and helpful, the room is clean and comfortable, the breakfast is excellent, and it's great value for money. It also has free parking, and is just outside the city centre. What more can you ask for? I visit Glasgow regularly, and since finding it, I wouldn't stay anywhere else.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Steve H,

Thank you for the lovely review of Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre South. It is always nice to read that a guest has enjoyed their stay, but even more so when it is a regular visitor because it shows that our team do work very hard to ensure every single stay is as good as the last.

I hope you continue to stay with us at Glasgow City Centre Sout, and i look forward to welcoming you back.

Gretna, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 February 2014

Great hotel - would recommend getting a taxi if you are coming from Central Station as it seems a long walk. Receptionists were friendly and efficient, and even gave me directions to the O2 Academy where I was attending a concert. It was about a 10 minute walk from the hotel which was great for me. After literally running to my room to drop my bags then go again, it was great to finally relax in a big comfy bed and watch some television before bed on (what I would class) a very smart television! Shower was great and bigger than some I've seen in other Premier Inns. Breakfast hours are great (on my stay 6.30-10.30) therefore catering for corporate clients as well as people on leisure. I added breakfast on at the last minute and very glad I did - great selection and certainly filled me up! Will definitely stay again next time I'm in Glasgow.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Dear BindiiR,

Many thanks for the kind review of Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre South. I am delighted that you had such a pleasant stay, and that the team were able to make it a memorable one! I will be passing on your comments and i am sure they will be equally pleased.

I hope your concert was also enjoyable and should you return for another gig at the O2, I look forward to welcoming you back to Premier Inn.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 February 2014

Premier Inn is my chain of choice when travelling with work as they are of a consistent standard and you're guaranteed a great nights sleep but unfortunately this one fell a little short.

I arrived after a long drive to a very busy hotel so had to wait a short while to check in. I then tried to book a table for dinner but was told I couldn't have one until 9pm. As I wasn't sure of the local area and didn't fancy driving around after a long drive, I decided to hang on. Although the restaurant had become quieter, my food didn't arrive until after 10pm, the service was non-existent and no one even checked back to see whether my meal was ok, let alone apologise for the delay.

My room was a good size and the bed was comfortable however it was cold, and I could not seem to get it any warmer.

Overall not a bad hotel, but I felt let down by my experience in the restaurant and my cold room!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Dear Kate 4787,

Thank you for your review of Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre South. We take all feedback positive or negative and try to use it to help coach our team to improve on the standards that we deliver.
I was dissapointed to read your comments on our service, and I can assure you that this is not normal for our team. We are investigating the matter, and I would like the opportunity to make amends for the poor standards that you felt you received. If you would like to contact me via email (operationsmanager.glasgowcitycentresouth@whitbread.com), I would very much like to discuss a resolution with you.

Harrogate, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 February 2014

Rooms great, bed and linens spotless. Shower is the size of a bath and great power shower. Nice flat screen television and room overlooked Glasgow City. No noise and would recommend this hotel. 10 minutes walk to centre.
Receptionist was a bit surly but rest of staff so helpful and cheerful

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
David B, Manager at Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre South Hotel, responded to this review, 17 February 2014
Dear Beanie C,

Thank you for the lovely review off Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre South.

I am glad to see that everything in the bedroom met your expectations. The team work very hard to deliver the best standards and they will be delighted to read your comments. I have also passed on your feedback regarding reception and we will be using it to coach and motivate our team.

I hope you continue to stay with Premier Inn and I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

larkhall
Reviewed 9 February 2014 via mobile

First time staying in this particular premier inn and would definately recommend. Myself and boyfriend were attending a wedding nearby and receptionist organised us a early check in and a taxi -great service.

Room was lovely and clean, great value for money. Good choice at breakfast.

Would definately return and recommend.

• Stayed February 2014
Dear Kimmcq,

Many thanks for the lovely review of Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre South. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us, and I will be passing on your comments to the team, who will be equally pleased to read them.

I hope you and your boyfriend enjoyed the wedding you attended and I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.