“Good stay but a little out of the way”

and 1 more site!
Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre South Hotel
Ranked #19 of 96 Hotels in Glasgow
Norwich, United Kingdom
“Good stay but a little out of the way”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2014 via mobile

We stayed Friday to Monday here. I was a little concerned on arrival that there would be traffic noise but this did die down overnight. The room was cold on arrival and took a while to warm.
Spotlessly clean and large shower.
Bit out of the way of city centre which was about a 20 minute walk away.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
David B, Manager at Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre South Hotel, responded to this review, 3 March 2014
Dear Wilsonh23,

Thank you for the kind review of Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre South. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us, and the housekeeping team will be delighted to read your comments. I hope you will stay with us again, and should you be wishing to go to the city, please ask our reception team who can point you in the right direction for a quicker walk, or arrange convenient transport (a little local knowledge goes a long way!).

David

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
  • Korean first
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2014

My son and I arrived here having booked a double room thats exactly what we got! I asked for bedding to make up the day bed but that wasnt good enough for Margaret on Reception and she moved us to anothef room! The rooms may i add, as usual are spacious and clean but i found it strange that there was no telephone. We booked the meal deal and went down for 8.30, meal was ok but service was extremely slow. Bot sure if they were short staffed but it took 20 mins just to bring a coke over. We retired for the evening. I was woke up at 6.10 by a passing Emergency vehicle with sirens blasting and unfortunately the window had very poor sound proofing that i actually thought it was a fire alarm going off. I struggled to get back to sleep after that. Every passing car, bike, bus etc i heard, then the road workers started with drills, then other hotel guests started with banging doors etc so i got up and went to Reception. Margaret was still there smiling away listening to me babble on. She refunded my room cost immediately. The outside noise and a poor window has not put me off staying here again! The location was great, the breakfast was tasty and the room was comfortable. Margaret was very kind and understanding and certainly an asset to the hotel.

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank L5NHM
David B, Manager at Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre South Hotel, responded to this review, 22 February 2014
Dear L5NHM,

Thank you for the review of Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre South. I am happy that you liked the room and that Margaret was especially helpfull, however I have taken note of the points you have made regarding the poor service in the restaurant. I have passed this on to my food and beverage team to investigate and I can assure you, we will be working hard to ensure that this level of service does not happen in the future.
Should you wish to discuss this matter i would be happy to do so, and I can be contacted via email (operationsmanager.glasgowcitycentresouth@whitbread.com).

I do hope that you continue to stay with us at Premier Inn and that we may restore your faith in Glasgow City Centre South.

North Wales
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2014

First impressions were great. Lovely lovely staff on reception, lots of free parking, walking distance to city centre, lovely rooms, location fine.

I was alone on business for 2 nights. First night I ate at the hotel. Wouldn't again. Meal was nice but service was awful. Abrupt, unsmiling staff member (who seemed to be on his own that night) and awful waits for the food, which was blamed on the kitchen staff. Almost lost the will to live. The people beside me left before their dessert as they had waited too long.

Then on my second night, having eaten in the city centre, I was relaxing when someone opened my door with a keycard! A very apologetic couple said they had been given this room by reception. About 5 mins later hotel security banged on the door asking who I was. I quickly showed them my booking and they were very apologetic and blamed a technical error.

Also sowers were more like a trickle.

So I had such high hopes and I do love Premier Inns but this has put me off this one. Won't be back.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Dear imoscarsmum,

I was sorry to read that your stay at Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre south did not meet your expectations.
The team work very hard to try and ensure that evey guest has a safe, comfortable nights sleep and that they enjoy the best of service in the restaurant, and I am dissapointed that this has not been the case for you.
I would very much like the opportunity to discuss this matter and I can be contacted via email (operationsmanager.glasgowcitycentresouth@whitbread.com). Hopefully I can help find a way of restoring your faith in Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre South.

Cleveland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2014

Spent 3 nights at the Premier Inn, just south of the river. Local area not brilliant but car parking was adequate and it was only a 15 minute amble into the centre of Glasgow, so location is quite good.
Hotel was clean and comfortable and the staff were very helpful.
All in all, excellent value for money

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear JMBRamblings,

Thank you for your review of Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre South. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and particularly happy that the team did their very best to ensure your stay was comfortable. It is certainly a bonus having a carpark located so close to the city centre and I am pleased that this helped in your travels and visit to Glasgow.

I hope you continue to stay with Premier Inn and I look forward to having the opportunity of welcoming you back.

Sunderland, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2014

Stayed here two nights to visit SECC for Caravan show. (Internet pre-paid non-refundable booking) All staff, reception, restaurant and cleaning were polite and attentive, a real credit to the hotel. Secure parking and well placed for the SECC only couple of miles away. Desk staff very helpful and informative on things to do in Glasgow. In house restaurant served excellent evening meals as well as extensive buffet breakfast. We took advantage of 'meal deal' -dinner + breakfast for £23 p.p. felt it was very good value, good choice and attentive staff.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Maureen B,

Thank you for the kind review of Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre South. I am delighted that you had such a nice stay and I will be passing your comments on to our team, who will be equally pleased.

I hope you continue to stay at Premier Inn and I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Rossendale, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2014

This is such a good hotel. The staff are friendly and helpful, the room is clean and comfortable, the breakfast is excellent, and it's great value for money. It also has free parking, and is just outside the city centre. What more can you ask for? I visit Glasgow regularly, and since finding it, I wouldn't stay anywhere else.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Steve H,

Thank you for the lovely review of Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre South. It is always nice to read that a guest has enjoyed their stay, but even more so when it is a regular visitor because it shows that our team do work very hard to ensure every single stay is as good as the last.

I hope you continue to stay with us at Glasgow City Centre Sout, and i look forward to welcoming you back.

Gretna, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2014

Great hotel - would recommend getting a taxi if you are coming from Central Station as it seems a long walk. Receptionists were friendly and efficient, and even gave me directions to the O2 Academy where I was attending a concert. It was about a 10 minute walk from the hotel which was great for me. After literally running to my room to drop my bags then go again, it was great to finally relax in a big comfy bed and watch some television before bed on (what I would class) a very smart television! Shower was great and bigger than some I've seen in other Premier Inns. Breakfast hours are great (on my stay 6.30-10.30) therefore catering for corporate clients as well as people on leisure. I added breakfast on at the last minute and very glad I did - great selection and certainly filled me up! Will definitely stay again next time I'm in Glasgow.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Dear BindiiR,

Many thanks for the kind review of Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre South. I am delighted that you had such a pleasant stay, and that the team were able to make it a memorable one! I will be passing on your comments and i am sure they will be equally pleased.

I hope your concert was also enjoyable and should you return for another gig at the O2, I look forward to welcoming you back to Premier Inn.