Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre South Hotel
Hilton Glasgow(Glasgow)
US$179
US$154
  • Pool
Grand Central Hotel(Glasgow)(Great Value!)
US$265
US$85
US$82
  • Breakfast included
1,287 results
All reviewscity centremeal dealfree car parkingbusy roadshort walkargyle streetfamily roomexcellent staystayed here for nightscomfortable roomideal locationbudget hotelbuffet breakfastshort staycentral stationgorbalsinns
Reviewed 19 May 2014

I normally expect good quality from premier inn. When I booked the room I wasn't told they were having a refit and there was only a temporary restaurant. Decided to go out for food, and glad that I drove not walked......
It cost over £90, definitely not worth the money.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
David B, Manager at Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre South Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Dear Dan R,

Thank you for the review of Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre South. I am sorry to see that you did not enjoy your stay with us. We are currently having refurbishment work to the hotel in order to improve the guest experience.

I would like the opportunity to discuss your concerns with you, and I can be contacted via email at operationsmanager.glasgowcitycentresouth@whitbread.com.

In the meantime please accept my sincerest apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Reviewed 19 May 2014

If we had known that a refurbishment was going on we would have booked elsewhere. The place was noisy and grubby from the building work. The entrance area to the only lift available was a building site and in total darkness! To get there ( no signage) we had to negotiate our way through the thick smog from the smokers congregating at the undercover entrance. The eating area is definitely in need of an upgrade with ripped seating & old tables. Not the usual premier inn standard. This area was separated from the makeshift / temporary reception by a wall of paper/ fabric stapled loosely together. Breakfast was chaotic - no cups / plates and no coffee available, 'hot water' for tea was luke warm and the dirty dishes were not cleared from our table throughout the whole meal. Whilst I understand the need to continue business while upgrading, information re the refurbishment should be made available prior to any booking and the price reduced to reflect the inconvenience.

• Stayed: May 2014

Dear Satnavtraveller,

Thank you for your review of Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre South.

I am sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us. As you noticed, we are having some essential refurbishment work take place at City South and this is to enhance our guests experience.

I would like the opportunity to discuss your concerns and hopefully restore your faith in Glasgow City Centre South. I can be contacted via email at operationsmanager.glasgowcitycentresouth@whitbread.com

Reviewed 16 May 2014 via mobile

Noisy, spartan and overpriced. Very basic. If I'd realised it was being refurbished we would have booked elsewhere. I don't know if the inflated price reflects Glasgow hosting the commonwealth games.
I wasn't expecting the Savoy, we have stayed in other premier inns and they have all been good value and service.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Malcolm M

Dear Malcolm M,

Thank you for the review you posted after your stay at Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre South.

I am sorry that on this occasion, we did not meet your expectations. The hotel is currently undergoing essential work to improve our guests experience and we have made every effort to contact all prospective guests and alert them to this.

I would very much like the opportunity to explain our pricing to you, and should you wish clarification, I can be contacted via email at operationsmanager.glasgowcitycentresouth@whitbread.com

Once again, I apologise for any inconvenience you may have encountered during your stay, and hope that I can restore your faith in Premier Inn when we speak.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

Brilliant staff, we got lost and after a phone call to reception we found the place. They were so friendly and helpful. Room was what you expect from premier could not fault anything great location for gig at hydro defo be back

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Carleeto,

Many thanks for your kind review of Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre South. I am delighted that you had such an enjoyable stay,and that the team were able to be of assistance to you.
I hope your gig went well and should you be in Glasgow for another, that you stay with us!

Reviewed 12 May 2014

Came here to stay the night before Aberdeen's league cup final victory this year.

There is heaps of free parking at the hotel which is ideal - you have to ask for a code to open the barrier on your way out however so please remember to ask for it when checking out!

The location is fine and you are a cheap taxi into the centre of Glasgow or maybe a 15 minute walk or so.

This gives you exactly what you would normally expect from a Premier Inn - nice cheap rooms, very clean, quiet, a nice nights sleep (more so if you get as drunk as I did).

Enjoy!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
David B, Manager at Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre South Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Dear Robin B,

Many thanks for the kind review of Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre South. I am glad that you had such a pleasant stay with us and that you had a great nights sleep (even if that was aided by your night out!).

I hope you continue to stay with Premier Inn, and should your team be back in a final, hopefully we can welcome you back to City South.