“Nice hotel with friendly staff”

Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre South Hotel
Ranked #20 of 95 Hotels in Glasgow
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Nice hotel with friendly staff”
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Excellent PremierInn service. Staff were very friendly on arrival, room was spacious and bed was comfy. No noise from other guests or surrounding area and breakfast was excellent. A good location fairly easily accessible to the city centre! Would definitely come back.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
David B, Manager at Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre South Hotel, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Dear Neil P,

Thank you for the lovely review of Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre South.
I am glad that you had such a pleasant stay with us, and the team will be pleased to read your comments also.
I hope you continue to stay with Premier Inn and that I can welcome you back in the future.

David

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
  • Korean first
Yorkshire
Reviewed 23 May 2014

We have just stayed at this hotel, using it for a short break to visit the art galleries in the city. We were a little taken back at the location of the hotel - much building work going on in the area, and quite concerned that the hotel was currently undergoing a refurbishment. However, we had a really excellent twin room, with two extremely comfortable double beds, loads of space and super bathroom - we could not fault it in any way.
One of the great assets to the hotel is the parking, so we were able to leave the car - free of charge - for the whole time we were there. It was only a short walk into the centre, where we used the hop on/hop off bus to visit all the attractions we wanted.
If one of your other reviewers had bothered to ask, he/she would know that the dining room was only temporary while the main one IS being refurbished. it was perfectly adequate - no sign of ripped anything! Breakfast was excellent with everything available that was on the menu. It was explained immediately that the only thing they could not offer, was coffee from the machine - instead there were sachets, but the hot water was - piping hot!
We chose to eat in the restaurant on both evenings - lovely food on both occasions.
The only thing I would say, is that the lift area could have done with more lighting, and although the staff were friendly, some had a decided lack of knowledge about the culture of their city, so were unable to offer any advice. A bit of staff training needed I think! However, I would definitely return, and would recommend it to anyone visiting Glasgow.

Room Tip: Room 101, despite its number, is large and roomy.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
David B, Manager at Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre South Hotel, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Dear YorkshireAnn,

Thank you for the lovely review of Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre South. I am delighted that you had a lovely visit to our city and also that your stay at City Centre South helped enhance that experience.
As you noted, we are having refurbishment work done to our hotel and hopefully, should you visit again, you will be able to see the benefits.
I am glad that the team were friendly, however I have taken on board your comments regarding local knowledge and we are currently working on this with our reception and restaurant teams.

I hope you return to Glasgow soon, and I get the chance to welcome you back to City Centre South.

Gloucester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 May 2014

I normally expect good quality from premier inn. When I booked the room I wasn't told they were having a refit and there was only a temporary restaurant. Decided to go out for food, and glad that I drove not walked......
It cost over £90, definitely not worth the money.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dear Dan R,

Thank you for the review of Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre South. I am sorry to see that you did not enjoy your stay with us. We are currently having refurbishment work to the hotel in order to improve the guest experience.

I would like the opportunity to discuss your concerns with you, and I can be contacted via email at operationsmanager.glasgowcitycentresouth@whitbread.com.

In the meantime please accept my sincerest apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 May 2014

If we had known that a refurbishment was going on we would have booked elsewhere. The place was noisy and grubby from the building work. The entrance area to the only lift available was a building site and in total darkness! To get there ( no signage) we had to negotiate our way through the thick smog from the smokers congregating at the undercover entrance. The eating area is definitely in need of an upgrade with ripped seating & old tables. Not the usual premier inn standard. This area was separated from the makeshift / temporary reception by a wall of paper/ fabric stapled loosely together. Breakfast was chaotic - no cups / plates and no coffee available, 'hot water' for tea was luke warm and the dirty dishes were not cleared from our table throughout the whole meal. Whilst I understand the need to continue business while upgrading, information re the refurbishment should be made available prior to any booking and the price reduced to reflect the inconvenience.

• Stayed May 2014
Dear Satnavtraveller,

Thank you for your review of Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre South.

I am sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us. As you noticed, we are having some essential refurbishment work take place at City South and this is to enhance our guests experience.

I would like the opportunity to discuss your concerns and hopefully restore your faith in Glasgow City Centre South. I can be contacted via email at operationsmanager.glasgowcitycentresouth@whitbread.com

Reviewed 16 May 2014 via mobile

Noisy, spartan and overpriced. Very basic. If I'd realised it was being refurbished we would have booked elsewhere. I don't know if the inflated price reflects Glasgow hosting the commonwealth games.
I wasn't expecting the Savoy, we have stayed in other premier inns and they have all been good value and service.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Malcolm M
Dear Malcolm M,

Thank you for the review you posted after your stay at Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre South.

I am sorry that on this occasion, we did not meet your expectations. The hotel is currently undergoing essential work to improve our guests experience and we have made every effort to contact all prospective guests and alert them to this.

I would very much like the opportunity to explain our pricing to you, and should you wish clarification, I can be contacted via email at operationsmanager.glasgowcitycentresouth@whitbread.com

Once again, I apologise for any inconvenience you may have encountered during your stay, and hope that I can restore your faith in Premier Inn when we speak.

Kirkcaldy, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

Brilliant staff, we got lost and after a phone call to reception we found the place. They were so friendly and helpful. Room was what you expect from premier could not fault anything great location for gig at hydro defo be back

Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Carleeto,

Many thanks for your kind review of Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre South. I am delighted that you had such an enjoyable stay,and that the team were able to be of assistance to you.
I hope your gig went well and should you be in Glasgow for another, that you stay with us!

Dundee, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Came here to stay the night before Aberdeen's league cup final victory this year.

There is heaps of free parking at the hotel which is ideal - you have to ask for a code to open the barrier on your way out however so please remember to ask for it when checking out!

The location is fine and you are a cheap taxi into the centre of Glasgow or maybe a 15 minute walk or so.

This gives you exactly what you would normally expect from a Premier Inn - nice cheap rooms, very clean, quiet, a nice nights sleep (more so if you get as drunk as I did).

Enjoy!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
David B, Manager at Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre South Hotel, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
Dear Robin B,

Many thanks for the kind review of Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre South. I am glad that you had such a pleasant stay with us and that you had a great nights sleep (even if that was aided by your night out!).

I hope you continue to stay with Premier Inn, and should your team be back in a final, hopefully we can welcome you back to City South.