Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre South Hotel
Ranked #21 of 93 Hotels in Glasgow
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Great for what we needed it for,just far enough from hydro but not too far .
The staff was very helpful and cheery,nothing was a bother,when we wer there it was getting a facelift,didn't make a difference all went like clockwork.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

Arrived the night of the 2nd of June. Car park enterance seemed a bit confusing to start with and filled with vans. Nightmare trying to reverse not to mention finding a space to leave the car. Was bit disapointted about the restaurant situation along with bar and reception. Consideration to the refurbishing team, however I don't think I liked the atmosphere things seemed out of place and a bit messy. In all due respect to the staff, I felt a bit of a burden to the first lid of staff we were 'greeted' (hahah) by on arrival. They seemed a bit off. Putting that aside, the room had a lovely comfy bed, fair sized tv and not bad sized room. The hdmi connecters built in the wall are bliss for watching dvds etc. However during our fist day after arrival the nigh before, we had gone shopping after we arrived and bought glasses. Only to find one missing the following day we came back to the room. Spoke to head of laundry and housekeeping who was quite attentive to put needs. Althought even she couldn't seem to find the missing glass. Fine it's only a glass but it was quite a unique sort of stemless design therefore you wouldn't of thought to be confused with the bars glasses...but clearly am wrong.
Perhaps am just not a city girl, seen as we usually and only have stayed in premier ins a good 20-30 minutes away from the main city centre area. We stayed ina closer one to city to be near the SECC but that wee bit of distance out the city make the staff seem to be much nicer who smile and make you feel welcome.
Definately not gunna be forking out another £123 for this hotel. Much rathered to stay further out of city next time.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kara R
David B, Manager at Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre South Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Dear Kara R,

Thank you for the review of Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre South. I am sorry that you had issues during our refurbishment and would like the chance to discuss your concerns with you.
My email address is operationsmanager.glasgowcitycentresouth@whitbread.com.
I hope I have the opportunity to recover service and your faith in Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre South.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

Good place to stay if coming by car - easy to find, free parking and a shortish walk into the city or to subway (Bridge Street). Friendly staff and the usual Premier Inn value for money. Being refurbished at present so we got a refurbed room.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 May 2014

My daughter and I have stayed here before refurbishment, during refurbishment and have already booked for later this year and think it is the best Premier we have stayed in, they have lovely friendly staff, great location and parking. we find it great value and we always look forward to breakfast. We recommend staying here

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank 627Dianne

Dear 627Dianne,

Many thanks for the lovely review of Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre South. I am delighted that you stay with us regularly and appreciate your patience during the refurbishment works.
The team work very hard to make sure that all our guests feel well looked after, and they will be happy to read your comments.
I am sure you will be delighted with the new look City South when you return and I look forward to welcoming you.

Reviewed 25 May 2014

Excellent PremierInn service. Staff were very friendly on arrival, room was spacious and bed was comfy. No noise from other guests or surrounding area and breakfast was excellent. A good location fairly easily accessible to the city centre! Would definitely come back.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Neil P,

Thank you for the lovely review of Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre South.
I am glad that you had such a pleasant stay with us, and the team will be pleased to read your comments also.
I hope you continue to stay with Premier Inn and that I can welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 23 May 2014

We have just stayed at this hotel, using it for a short break to visit the art galleries in the city. We were a little taken back at the location of the hotel - much building work going on in the area, and quite concerned that the hotel was currently undergoing a refurbishment. However, we had a really excellent twin room, with two extremely comfortable double beds, loads of space and super bathroom - we could not fault it in any way.
One of the great assets to the hotel is the parking, so we were able to leave the car - free of charge - for the whole time we were there. It was only a short walk into the centre, where we used the hop on/hop off bus to visit all the attractions we wanted.
If one of your other reviewers had bothered to ask, he/she would know that the dining room was only temporary while the main one IS being refurbished. it was perfectly adequate - no sign of ripped anything! Breakfast was excellent with everything available that was on the menu. It was explained immediately that the only thing they could not offer, was coffee from the machine - instead there were sachets, but the hot water was - piping hot!
We chose to eat in the restaurant on both evenings - lovely food on both occasions.
The only thing I would say, is that the lift area could have done with more lighting, and although the staff were friendly, some had a decided lack of knowledge about the culture of their city, so were unable to offer any advice. A bit of staff training needed I think! However, I would definitely return, and would recommend it to anyone visiting Glasgow.

Room Tip: Room 101, despite its number, is large and roomy.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
David B, Manager at Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre South Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Dear YorkshireAnn,

Thank you for the lovely review of Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre South. I am delighted that you had a lovely visit to our city and also that your stay at City Centre South helped enhance that experience.
As you noted, we are having refurbishment work done to our hotel and hopefully, should you visit again, you will be able to see the benefits.
I am glad that the team were friendly, however I have taken on board your comments regarding local knowledge and we are currently working on this with our reception and restaurant teams.

I hope you return to Glasgow soon, and I get the chance to welcome you back to City Centre South.

Reviewed 19 May 2014

I normally expect good quality from premier inn. When I booked the room I wasn't told they were having a refit and there was only a temporary restaurant. Decided to go out for food, and glad that I drove not walked......
It cost over £90, definitely not worth the money.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear Dan R,

Thank you for the review of Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre South. I am sorry to see that you did not enjoy your stay with us. We are currently having refurbishment work to the hotel in order to improve the guest experience.

I would like the opportunity to discuss your concerns with you, and I can be contacted via email at operationsmanager.glasgowcitycentresouth@whitbread.com.

In the meantime please accept my sincerest apologies for any inconvenience caused.