Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre South Hotel
US$259
US$394
US$316
  • Pool
Grand Central Hotel(Glasgow)(Great Value!)
US$253
US$157
HotelsClick
  • Breakfast included
1,282 results
All reviewscity centremeal dealfree car parkingbusy roadshort walkargyle streetfamily roomexcellent staystayed here for nightscomfortable roomideal locationbudget hotelbuffet breakfastshort staycentral stationgorbalsinns
Reviewed 17 June 2014

We arrived at the hotel abt 10:15pm on a friday night after a long drive up from london, to attend a wedding. We only stayed one night and There were still a few places open to find various fast food (my family wanted the fish suppers , found a place that was friendly and food was good "Hot and Spicy" I think it's called and is only about a 5-8 minute walk from the hotel)
The hotel was pretty easy to locate off the motorway and is pretty much bang in the middle of glasgow, so very central to all other areas of glasgow (everywhere in glasgow is 10 mins from this hotel lol).
The area generally appears fairly quiet, there were hardly any people walking around even though it was only abt 11:30pm.
Room was as you would expect from Premier Inn, the usual colours and nice comy bed, no bath tub just a roomy shower (didn't bother us but others might prefer bath tubs), not sure what time the bar closes but I'm sure it was still open at nearly 2am.
I would recomend this hotel and another advantage it has over other Premier Inns around glasgow is that you get free parking here, at others you could be paying £12 per night.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
David B, Manager at Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre South Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Dear JSagoo,

Many thanks for the lovely review of Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre South. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and that the bedroom was of satisfaction to you.
The team work very hard to ensure that all our bedrooms are an exceptional standard and they will be delighted to read your comments.

I am also glad our local takeaways met with your satisfaction.

Reviewed 14 June 2014

Hotels are 50% comfort and facilities and 50% location.. And I'm afraid this location is not good. Stayed here on business last week when other hotels I stay in we're full. Won't stay again. Long walk from the station to be met by temporary reception( admittedly this will change). Rest was usual Premier Inn stuff so ok for quick stop over but that location....... :( many hotels in the middle of glasgow for not much more.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Steve1766
David B, Manager at Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre South Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Dear Steve1766,

Thank you for the review of Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre South.
I am sorry that you did not experience a good stay with us due to the location of the hotel.

Glasgow City Centre South is located near to an underground station and several convenient bus routes. The reception team are always more than happy to help with directions and local knowledge of the quickest foot paths to the main transport hubs. Should you stay again, we will be more than happy to help you.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

Although when we arrived the reception was being upgraded the temporary reception worked well. The service was excellent and everything was explained clearly. local knowledge of good restaurants was also useful. The room was spotless and very comfortable, it was that comfortable that at some point through the night I thought I was home! if I am stopping over at Glasgow again I will be using this hotel again. Highly Recommended

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Gosh, I am surprised by some of the adverse reviews here on TA for this property. My wife and I stayed here on a Friday night whilst en-route to Argyll.

OK, so it is not in the poshest area of Glasgow (!), and there is some renovation work ongoing. However, to give Premier Inn staff their due, I received a phone call the day before to check we were aware. I am not sure what I would have done if unhappy about this, but since we were not going to be dining at the hotel - just staying in the bedroom for one night - this was not of concern to us.

Upon arriving in the car park, we heard some shouting from a nearby window in what seemed to be the same building. However, we need not have worried, as the staff assured us this was student accommodation totally separate to the hotel. Sure enough, our room was nowhere near that part of the building, and our room was quiet enough - well until the sounds of the Radio 1 Big Weekend drifted through from the other side of the Clyde! That was early in the evening however, and did not cause us any problems when we came back to the hotel to sleep.

The room itself was classic Premier Inn: everything you need, clean, but not fussy or over luxurious. For £29 for two of us for the night, we could not go wrong.

OK, the public parts of the building were a little dusty where the works were ongoing, but the staff were very friendly and helpful.

We have stayed at the Premier Inn, Dumbarton before on this journey, but I wouldn't hesitate to stay here at the Glasgow South hotel. The location is first-class for accessing the city centre for a night out, it is easy to find and access, and has friendly and helpful staff. For a road-trip one-night stop, what more could you ask for?

Room Tip: Rooms to the west-end of the hotel may be quieter, since they are further from the adjacent student accommodation.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jon_069
Reviewed 4 June 2014

This property and staff was the worst experience that I've had in the past 10 years. It's not just one person the entire staff and management team don't seem to care. Stay at a Premier Inn...Just not this one. I recommend the Glasgow Holiday Inn Express it's in a better/more central location and from what I saw they seem to care about the customer. All I can say is; you have been warned.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank serasphoto

Dear Serasphoto,

I am sorry that you did not enjoy your experience at Glasgow City Centre South. I would very much like the opportunity to discuss your concerns and hopefully restore your faith in us.
My email is operationsmanager.glasgowcitycentresouth@whitbread.com.
I look forward to hearing from you.