“Just the job for a long weekend in Glasgow”

Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre South Hotel
Ranked #19 of 96 Hotels in Glasgow
Chipping Norton, United Kingdom
“Just the job for a long weekend in Glasgow”
Reviewed 29 June 2014

We (my husband and I) stayed here for 3 nights prior to a week on the Isle of Mull - I wanted to go and see as much as I could of Macintosh and the Glasgow Boys. We chose this hotel because we had been very pleased with our stays in Premier Inns on earlier jaunts, and this one had easy free parking. Initially my husband was surprised to find we were staying in the Gorbals, but in fact it was an ideal location for walking into the city centre, from where I used the opentop tour bus to visit most of my list of attractions. (Pound off voucher available from hotel) Breakfast was excellent as usual, although I would have liked some smoked fish on the menu! We also ate in twice in the evening - good value, tasty food. Only gripe is that you have to pay for wifi. We heard the muezzin from the Islamic Centre nearby on the first evening, and we worried that we would have an Istanbul experience, but in fact our sleep was never disturbed. Highly recommended if you want value for money and a comfy bed.

Room Tip: Our room faced the road and wasn't noisy, but you do have to have the windows closed - and there...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
David B, Manager at Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre South Hotel, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Dear Anny 454,

Many thanks for the lovely review of Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre South. I am delighted that you and your husband had such a pleasant stay with us.

The team work very hard to ensure that all our guests have the best possible sleep in the best possible environment and I am glad to see that we have managed to achieve this.

I hope you continue to stay with us and I look forward to welcoming you back in the future. Kindest regards,
David

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
  • Korean first
Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

Decent enough hotel. The receptionist was very helpful, even provided us with a map to get to the SSE hydro.

The room was very clean and the bed was surprisingly very comfortable. The free parking is an added bonus.

Plenty to choose from for breakfast. I would actually use this premier inn again.

Stayed June 2014
David B, Manager at Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre South Hotel, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Dear Dave B,

Many thanks for your review of Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre South. I am glad that you had a pleasant stay and that the team were able to help you find your way to the Hydro.

I hope you enjoyed your concert, and that we can welcome you back to City Centre South the next time you visit Glasgow.

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 June 2014

We stayed here for two nights over a weekend in May 2014. We chose this Glasgow Premier Inn because we were arriving by car and being able to park on site for free was advantageous.

The hotel was being refurbished at the time we stayed, so the main reception (which looked impressive) was out of action and we checked in at a temporary small desk near the restaurant/bar. We then had to make our way through a fire door as the temporary entrance to the main hotel where our room was located. While none of this had a significant impact on our stay, it was unexpected and slightly disruptive.

The room and bathroom were up to the Premier Inn's usual high standard; immaculately clean, comfortable bed, simple functional furniture, powerful shower with plenty of hot water, good TV etc.

We were happy with our stay given the rate we paid. I don't know if this took into account the planned disruption, but had we not got such a good rate I would have expected to be compensated for this.

If we were driving to Glasgow in future, we would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Michael J,

Many thanks for your kind review of Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre South. I am delighted that you had a pleasant stay and that the bedroom in particular lived up to expectation.

I note your comments regarding the refurbishment and it has been an unfortunate, but nescessary operation in order fopr us to continue to delivere the best possible service to the guests.

I hope you get the chance to visit our hotel again, and enjoy the newly refurbished Glasgow City Centre South.

Dubai
Reviewed 28 June 2014

As part of a trip to walk the West Highland Way, our school booked us at the Premier Inn City Centre South for the first night before we set off for the hike. All in all, a really good hotel! The rooms were very comfortable, the food was great and the breakfast was amazing! The staff were very friendly as well. Wi-Fi was reasonable too, 3 pounds for 24 hours which was excellent. Overall, a very good stay and a great first night in Scotland.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Rishi P,

Many thanks for the kind review of Premier Inn glasgow City Centre South. I am glad that you had such a pleassant stay and that the hotel managed to live up to your expectations.

We work very hard to make sure all our guests have the best possible experience through a good night sleep and warm genuine service.

I hope your West Highland Way experience was one to remember, and hopefully, we can welcome you back in the future.

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Situated within walking distance of the City centre, secure free parking. Just been refurbished which gives the whole place a clean feel. Our room was perfect with great bed and walk in shower so no wet floor.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
David B, Manager at Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre South Hotel, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Dear Clive W,

Thank you for the kind review of Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre South.

I am glad you had such an enjoyable stay and that our refurbishment helped to improve your experience. The team work hard to ensure all our rooms are clean and comfortable, and they will be pleased to read your comments.

I hope you stay with us again soon!

Chester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Premier Inn made our trip to Glasgow. Excellent location. Quiet and only 10 mins walk to the main shopping area of the city. Our children love the hotel and the city. Very friendly staff. Good parking. Great service and food

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Dear Jane O,

Many thanks for the kind review of Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre South. I am glad to see that you and your family had such an enjoyable stay with us.

The team do work very hard to ensure all our guests have a great experience and a good nights sleep, and they will be delighted to read your comments.

I hope you stay with us again, and I look forward to welcoming you back to Glasgow City Centre South.

Northallerton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Premier Inn Glasgow City centre south is a modern well positioned building with its own car park which was so convenient. The check in at the start of our stay proved to be a stressful ordeal as we had expected to have our four rooms close together and one of them to be a disabled room for one of our group. The outcome was no disabled rooms were available and we had our rooms scattered around the building. However to be fair our stay was enjoyable the breakfasts are lovely and the staff very friendly. I would say that the beds rate as the most comfortable ones you'll find in any hotel

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Dear John L,

Thank you for the review of Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre South. I am glad that your stay was a pleasant one and that our rooms (in particular the bed) met with your satisfaction.

I note your comments regarding the disabled room and I am sorry that we were unable to acommodate all your party together. I would be more than happy to discuss this matter with you, should you wish to do so, and I can be contacted via email at operationsmanager.glasgowcitycentresouth@whitbread.com.