“Lovely Hotel”

Hilton Glasgow Grosvenor Hotel
Ranked #40 of 93 Hotels in Glasgow
Reviewed 2 June 2012

Had an overnight stay as my daughter had her wedding reception in the hotel. The staff were all very helpful and friendly from the moment we arrived . Our room was lovely having opted for a deluxe we had a view over the Botanic Gardens. Room had everything we needed and a very comfy king size bed. Breakfast was great ,lots of choice and served from 7 to 11 on a Saturday so no rushing to get out of bed. Although we didnt eat in the restaurant if the food served at the reception is anything to go by , it will be excellent .

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank mooming
Loraine B, Hotel Administrator at Hilton Glasgow Grosvenor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2012

Dear mooming

Thanks for taking the time to review the Hotel following your stay.

It was lovely to hear that you had a good time, and that our recently refurbished rooms were comfortable for you. I was also delighted to hear that you enjoyed our breakfast choices and times, and I have passed your compliments about the attitude and helpfulness of the staff to our General Manager and Heads of Department as feedback is very important to us here at Hilton.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Glasgow Grosvenor in the future.

Reviewed 30 May 2012

Stayed for two nights from 25th May. Really good base for hanging out in the west end. You can explore the numerous bars in byers road and ashton lane or relax in the botanics if the weather is nice. Luckily it was 20+ degrees when we were there!! Be sure to check out the hotel bars for some wonderful service from Stephen. We stayed a year ago and he still remembered us. If you want a taste of genuine glasgow banter be sure to pay him a visit. The rooms are lovely modern and clean after the refurb and if you want to head in to the city centre its a 5 min tube ride away.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear gmc83

Thanks for writing a review of the hotel following your recent stay.

I'm delighted to hear that you enjoyed our location in the West End of Glasgow and our recently refurbished rooms.
I have also been happy to pass on your compliments about Stephen on to our General Manager and the relevant Head of Department.

We hope you choose to return to the Hilton Glasgow Grosvenor in the future.

Reviewed 28 May 2012 via mobile

Went to a wedding at Oran mor opposite so location was great. Room was very clean and well decorated. Early check in accommodated service with a smile

• Stayed: May 2012

Dear micconuk

Thanks for taking the time to review the hotel.

It's always lovely to hear when a guest has enjoyed their stay, in particular our recently refurbished rooms.

I have passed on your compliments about our staff to the General Manager as well as the Heads of Department as feedback is something we take very seriously here.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed 28 May 2012

I was disappointed as my taxi seemed to take me further and further from the city centre and then to arrive at the side entrance of this hotel, I realised I had booked the wrong Hilton. However, despite not having a gym (you can use the one at the Hilton in the city centre), I was impressed with my room and the location is actually great. In the area are plenty of fantastic, small restaurants (Mario's Fish and Chips, the Tea and Cake shop, a Mexican place, several more besides) and the botanic gardens and the path along the river are spectacular. As for the room itself, it was decorated to a good standard (ask for a room facing the main road - I was over the car park which is obviously rubbish). My bed and pillows were so comfy I had several more naps than planned. OK toiletries, good shower, plenty of electrical sockets (well done). Shame one must pay for the wifi but I brought my mobile broadband USB stick to get around that. I would stay again.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank alexsw1
Loraine B, Hotel Administrator at Hilton Glasgow Grosvenor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2012

Dear alexsw1

Thanks for taking the time to review the hotel.

I was delighted that although we weren't the hotel you had originally thought, you enjoyed your stay with us and plan on returning.
The surrounding area is lively and with the Botanic Gardens opposite it is a great place for spending some leisure time.
I have passed on your comments about the rooms and beds to both our General Manager and the relevant Heads of Department.

Reviewed 27 May 2012

I say that, as sadly you get dropped off at the side of the hotel by a taxi, and it doesnt do the place and justice.

It is a fab little place, and so clean and tidy for the money, we got a deal, and went back the next week as we found it to be such good value.

The beds were very comfy too.

If i had to say one thing, I would ensure that you are away from the service lift, as this could be quite noisy at times.

Their bar area was fab, with live music and full of atmosphere.

A great find in the west end of glasgow

Room Tip: as i said above, you need to make sure your room is not near the service lifts, as they are noisy, a...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Rachel B

Thanks for taking the time to review the Hilton Glasgow Grosvenor following your visit.

I was pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and I agree that as a Grade A listed building, the facade is beautiful. We have entrances on both sides of the building, however for convenience when people have luggage, the entrance to the rear is closer and on a level with the Front Desk.
It was disappointing that you experienced noise from the lifts, however if problems like this are experienced, we would always offer a room change.
Please be assured I have passed on your comments to the General Manager as well as the relevant Heads of Department as we take all feedback seriously here at Hilton.

We hope you choose to visit us again in the future.

Reviewed 25 May 2012

We have often stayed at the Grosvenor in Glasgow. Its near the Byres Road for small interesting shops and Ashton Lane for friendly pubs and restaurants . You can easily reach the centre of Glasgow by Taxi , bus or tube so we leave the car in the car park during our stay. It has recently been renovated and the rooms are lovely. All the staff are friendly and helpful. Its always our first choice when staying in Glasgow

Room Tip: dont think we have ever had a bad room!
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family

Dear ifm_12

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

It is always lovely to hear when someone has enjoyed their stay in the hotel and the surrounding area. I have passed on your comments regarding the recently refurbished bedrooms and the friendliness of the staff to our General Manager and the Heads of Department.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Glasgow Grosvenor in the near future.

Reviewed 16 May 2012 via mobile

I recently had this hotel reccomended to me by a business colleague who stays their a lot and to be honest, having stayed in only 5 star hotels, I was a little sceptical about staying however I now realise it was un-warranted.....upon arrival I had a warm and friendly young lady at reception welcome me with the porter only too happy to offer to take my bags to my room for me. After a quick clean up in the newly refurbed and very impressive room I made my way to the terrace bar for a drink and a light bite and it was here that I found the hotels hidden gem, Stephen. This young man made my whole experience of this hotel with his enthusiasm and customer service skills straight through to his abillity of making you feel back in your own home. No other hotel I have stayed in has anything on the grosvenor as its staff are the key to it being as outstanding as it is. Upon my next visit back in glasgow I will without question be checking back in at the hilton grosvenor and I will be bringing a few of my business colleagues with me.

• Stayed: May 2012
Loraine B, Hotel Administrator at Hilton Glasgow Grosvenor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2012

Dear MichealB72

Firstly, thank you for taking the time to review the hotel.

It is always lovely to hear when a guest has had a great stay with us and I can assure you that I have passed your comments about our Front Desk staff and also Stephen to both the General Manager and the relevant Heads of Department.
It was also great to hear that you enjoyed the recently refurbished rooms and the atmosphere within the hotel as a whole.

We look forward to welcoming you and your colleagues back to the Hilton Glasgow Grosvenor in the future.