Hilton Glasgow Grosvenor Hotel
Glasgow Marriott Hotel(Glasgow)(Great Value!)
US$93
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Novotel Glasgow Centre(Glasgow)(Great Value!)
US$116
US$106
Novotel
US$141
US$108
HotelIndigo.com
US$78
  • Breakfast included
Ibis Glasgow City Centre(Glasgow)(Great Value!)
US$70
US$119
US$112
US$62
US$55
Agoda.com
  • Room Service
Hallmark Hotel Glasgow(Glasgow)(Great Value!)
US$124
US$76
US$92
PremierInn.com
1,548 results
All reviewsbotanic gardenswest endbyres roadbovine restaurantgin barwaitrose car parkterrace bargreat western roadoran morhilton glasgowcity centresubway stationroad noisehaggisbars and restaurantsbreakfast was excellentreception staff
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 June 2012

Beautiful hotel, very clean, modern stylish decor, and in a lovely location opposite the Botanic Gardens. Great location, and only a couple of minutes walk to the tube station.

Reception staff were helpful but the breakfast staff were pretty poor. We were brought our breakfasts at different times, so my breakfast was getting cold before my husband's arrived. We asked for sauce which was never brought.

We have stayed in quite a few Hilton Hotels, and this one left us slightly disappointed.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 June 2012 via mobile

My room was nice, with an awful view of the car park and a block of council flats. Lovely staff, but all in all a basic 4 star. No mini bar, no real bar within the hotel, parking is expensive. A nice hotel but I wouldn't rush back. Lacking in any sense of soul.

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed 7 June 2012

We booked into the Hilton Glasgow Grosvenor on a last minute points + cash reward, having stayed with Hilton a lot in the UK you get a sense of the brand and this was one of the more pleasant stays of recent times.

We were checked in by a delightful and helpful girl by the name of Heather who gave us information on the local area along with welcoming us as HHonours members, we were allocated a room on the 2nd floor, the hotel looks recently refurbished and this has been done to a high standard. The room was large with a 36 inch plasma TV wall mounted in front of the large king size bed, the room was immaculate with cool silver / grey tones throughout. The bathroom was well appointed and all in all made for a comfortable evening, we had room service which came in cheaper than other hotels within The Hilton brand but in my opinion of a higher quality than I have encountered elsewhere.
Only two small issues during our stay that wouldn't put me off returning, I was woken by noisy cleaners slamming doors and going about their business at 7.30 am on the morning of our departure, I understand some times noise can't be helped but I find this a particular problem in the older hotels where sound proofing isn't as good as the new hotels. Secondly although breakfast was of a good standard there were a lot of tables left with clutter although the restaurant wasn't busy, I put this down to a shortage of staff than anything else.
Overall a pleasant stay, the hotel reception is unfortunately at the back of the hotel which doesn't give the impression of what a pleasant building this is so make sure you go round the front to see what the building actually looks like.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from an elevator with a view of the front
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 June 2012

I booked this hotel as part of my husbands birthday treat as he just loves the West end of Glasgow. Being situated at the top of Byres road it's location is perfect. When we checked in we were met by an extremely friendly and helpful receptionist who offered us an upgrade to a deluxe room with a lovely view over the Botanical Gardens. After a busy day and night we had a very comfortable nights sleep in our king size bed. We had no disturbances with traffic noise despite sleeping with the window open. I will definitely be booking this hotel again and will recommend it to all my friends.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Loraine B, Hotel Administrator at Hilton Glasgow Grosvenor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2012

Dear Ida T

Thanks for taking the time to review the hotel following your visit.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit, and hope your husband had a lovely birthday. I'm glad that you were pleased with the upgraded room we offered and the surrounding area. It's always encouraging to hear when guests have enjoyed their visit and I have passed your compliments about our staff and particularly our Front Desk staff, on to our General Manager and the Heads of Department.

We hope that you choose to return to the Hilton Glasgow Grosvenor in the near future.

Kind Regards
Loraine Bolan

Reviewed 5 June 2012

On the plus side the location of this hotel is great, and the staff were polite and friendly. Breakfast was ok.

However, I booked a twin Deluxe Plus room for two nights over the Jubilee Bank Holiday weekend. There was nothing 'deluxe' about the room. Rock hard beds and weird duvets that didn't fit the beds led to two nights of hardly any sleep. No air conditioning and when we opened the window we got the noise from some sort of generator below. Our 'view' was of the car park. We had to ask for bathrobes (which should have come as standard with that room) and there was no fridge in the room to keep our water cool. I asked for an ice bucket for this purpose and was charged £5.

Wi-Fi in the room is £14.99 for 24 hours and the customer car park is £10 a night. I was given both complementary as a gesture of goodwill for the lack of sleep.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family

Dear Louise574

Thank you for taking the time to review the Hilton Glasgow Grosvenor.

I was sorry to hear that on this occasion, the hotel did not live up to the standards you have come to expect from Hilton.
We do take all feedback here very seriously and I have passed your comments on to the General Manager and the relevant Heads of Department.

As part of our refurbishment which was completed in February of this year, all beds, mattresses and bedding were renewed and brought into line with Hilton Worldwide Standards. Also, as the Hilton Glasgow Grosvenor is a Grade 1 Listed building, we have yet to be granted permission to install air-conditioning, however feedback such as yours can only strengthen our case for this.
Had we been notified of the noise disturbance you experienced, we would have immediately moved you to an alternative room had this been possible as the comfort of our guests is one of our top priorities.

I am sorry that your visit was not to your satisfaction this time, I only hope that you choose to return in the future so that we can demonstrate our usual standards to you.

Kind Regards