“outstanding service”

Hilton Glasgow Grosvenor Hotel
Ranked #42 of 93 Hotels in Glasgow
Reviewed 14 June 2010

The best feature of this hotel is the unfailingly courteous and helpful service. Everyone's attitude was "Let's figure out what we can do to help"--and this included both the staff at the front desk and the gentleman from maintenance that I had to call on. This translated into a lovely stay.

The rooms are roomy and comfortable, the bathrooms somewhat small by American standards, but tastefully updated. (This seems to be an older hotel that Hilton renovated from the ground up.) The breakfast buffet is understated but fresh, with plenty of hot and cold choices, including fresh fruit. I personally enjoyed the herring pinwheels, but there is more standard fare for people who aren't fans of herring.

Glaswegians stay out late, especially in the summer, so if you want a quiet room, ask for something on the inside of the hotel. I heard street noise until at least 3 A.M.

The internet in the room did not work at all (it seems to have been a system-wide problem), and the manager said this was nothing new for the hotel. My solution was to buy a short-term pass to BT Opensource, since their wireless signal comes through very strong. Problem solved--but without that wireless option, I don't know that I would have been able to stay here. The manager said the hotel has plans to convert their internet service entirely to BT, and that would be a major improvement.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business

Reviewed 9 June 2010

Arrived early so plenty of choice of (limited) parking space (which could do with directions).
Lobby very smart, but had to search for the lift.
Room was very warm on arrival (a hot day, admittedly); pretty basic and could do with modernising and air-con. Very comfortable night's sleep.
Lounge plush if a little sedate - offers good choice of cocktails and there was a discount on certain wines.
Staff very pleasant.
Good choice of breakfast (self-service except tea/coffee) - could have been a bit warmer.
Location excellent for Glasgow West End. Plenty of entertainment venues, eateries and pubs.
Botanic Gardens literally across the road (free admission).
Glasgow University campus a few minutes' walk away.
Very good value for money considering under £100 B&B for two in a fine listed building with free parking bang in the middle of the West End.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 June 2010

We thoroughly enjoyed our weekend-end break with my elderly parents, taking advantage of a special offer reduced-rate tariff. Our two rooms were next door to each other, with lovely views towards the famed Botanic Gardens. The rooms were clean and bright, the staff very friendly, efficient and professional, and the breakfasts a filling start to the day, without being rushed. During the reservation process I had said that the visit marked my parents anniversary, and the hotel very generously gave them a bottle of wine on their arrival. The bar lounge was lively but well staffed. The hotel's out-of-town location is within a short walk of the tube station which gives direct and frequent access to the city centre. The adjacent Byres Road has many good vaule eating and drinking establishments. Car-parking is not too easy - either a very small area next to the hotel, or on the dedicated top-floor of the next-door multi-storey, though the reception staff gave accurate directions to a nearby NCP. I would definitely recommend this hotel

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 June 2010

the bar lounge is very comfortable,the service was very good. there is plenty of other restaurants close to the hotel , if you want to sample the different menu,s. botanic gardens is just across the main road, and is a nice park to relaxe in.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 June 2010

Very convenient hotel for West End. Front desk and particulalry Laura are one of the most friendly and helpful of any hotel. Breakfast and general decor of the hotel could not be faulted. Unfortunately despite being a diamond member (though usually staying at Hilton Glasgow), I didnt get a room upgrade. However, the standard room was very bright with a nice view, although it suffered from a lack of windows which stayed open, and there is no air con. However, nothing was too much trouble for staff and I would return and recommend.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled solo
GlasgowGrovenor, Front Office Manager at Hilton Glasgow Grosvenor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2010

Dear bikevail09,

So good to hear that you enjoyed your time with us. We aim to provide only the best service for our guests.

I am sorry to hear we were unable to upgrade you on this occasion, please contact myself or my team on your next stay and we will strive to provide you with the best available room.

Kindest regards,

Reviewed 31 May 2010

This is a evry good city centre hotel. In my opinion the best value for money in Glasgow. The staff are particularly friendly and helpful not just in reception, but in the Bar and in the restaurant. The location in Byers Road is in the heart of the West End of Glasgow. Rooms at the front all offer excellent views of the Botanical Gardens - so good you could think you were in the coutryside - except for the traffic noise from the Great Western Road which runs near (but not close) to the Hotel. The rooms to the rear do not enjoy much of a view at all. All roms that I have used have been clean and well decorated. No two are exactly the same though most are large and comfortable. I ama frequent visitor to Glasgow and I use this Hotel as my first choice whenever there are vacancies.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled on business
GlasgowGrovenor, Front Office Manager at Hilton Glasgow Grosvenor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2010

Thanks for your feedback on our property.

I will most definitely forward your comments to our team members, who will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We look forward to your next stay with us. Do let us know if you need any assitance whatsoever with your booking arrangements.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 31 May 2010

My parents celebrated their Golden Wedding anniversary in January. They had spent their honeymoon in Glasgow. I was 8 months pregnant in January so a celebration wasn't really possible then. My parents, husband and 3 month old daughter spent two nights at the Hilton Glasgow Grosvenor hotel and it was simply lush! Our family room was excellent and very spacious to set up our travel cot. The reception staff could not have been any more helpful with regards to help in sterilising our baby bottles and storage of milk. My parents were treated to drinks on the house due to the anniversary celebrations which was just the icing on the cake for us all. Breakfast was delicious and set in the lovely Bo'Vine restaurant. The location of the hotel in Glasgow's West End is terrific too, with the botanic gardens directly opposite the hotel.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with family

Thanks for your review,

It was a pleasure to have you and your parents in our property. We look forward to welcoming you all once again to our hotel!

Regards,