“Great city break”

Hallmark Hotel Glasgow
Ranked #45 of 93 Hotels in Glasgow
Reviewed 10 October 2011

We've stay here many times and we've always been treated very well. This occasion was no different. The hotel was the busiest we've seen it but this did not impact on the service and quality we received. (obviously word is getting around about how good this hotel is!). We stayed in one of the suites and had a superb time. I wish I could take the bed home it was so comfortable. We look forward to a return visit very soon.

Room Tip: Higher floors are quieter and the suites are terrific for families or those who just like extra room...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank HollyL
PhilipMellor, General Manager at Hallmark Hotel Glasgow, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2011

Dear Holly,

Thank you for taking the time to submit your excellent review, I was delighted to read that you had a great return stay and thank you for highlighting the benefits of booking one of our Apartments

Once again many thanks for you kind review and I hope to meet you on your next visit to the hotel.

Regional General Manager

Reviewed 2 October 2011

My son and I stayed here for 3 nights in August. Good value for the money. Breakfast wasn't fantastic, but food quality was good and selection adequate. Service was always very good and efficient. Pool looked very nice even though we didn't have a chance to use it. Room was clean and comfortable. What we liked most was convenience- a short walk to centre of Glasgow. Tourist sightseeing bus stopped in front of hotel. We would definitely stay here again if we return to Scotland.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 October 2011

Maintains the Menzies standard of comfort and service. Hotel is comfortable and with all amenities and is conveniently located for the city centre, musuems, river walking and buses and trains. Parking is available and secure. Very happy with this choice.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 October 2011

Maybe the Menzies isn't my idea of a 'luxury hotel.' The room I shared with my sister and my 6 year old daughter was very comfortable and spacious, but really needed re-decorating, including the bathroom. We arrived from London cold and tired, only to find the air conditioning in the room was out of order. We rang down and reported it to reception who promised to send someone from maintenance up. We waited for 40 mins, but no one showed up. We spoke to David on reception (on our way out to familiarize ourselves with the local area) who said he would arrange for a heater to be brought up. We arrived back at the hotel an hour later to find our room (316 on the 3rd floor) lovely and warm! Getting up the following morning was difficult as the bed was so comfortable! The neon sign from the Marriot hotel across the road could be clearly seen from our window which was really nice for my daughter who hates sleeping in the dark. The breakfast was excellent; a wide range of everything was available. The greatest success of the Menzies however, has to be the amazing staff. From the lovely ladies who vacuumed our room and changed our towels to the those on reception and those who served us breakfast so courteously each morning; the staff were simply wonderful! The atmosphere at the hotel was warm and friendly and I have to say that the sweetie jars at reception and in the breakfast were a really big hit with my daughter!
The hotel is located at the end of Argyll street which is an approximately 10-12 minute walk from the main shopping area. The handy thing about the hotel location is that it is very quiet in terms of traffic (definitely a plus, as far as we were concerned!) There's a bus stop directly outside the back of the hotel which serves a number of buses including the Glasgow tour bus.
In spite of being in need of redecorating, the Menzies is great. I would highly recommend this hotel and plan to return next summer. To give this hotel anything less than 5 stars would be unfair.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
PhilipMellor, General Manager at Hallmark Hotel Glasgow, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2011

Dear Georginab..

Thank you for taking the time to submit your great review and I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your break and had a lovely time with us and thank you for the feedback.

I was however saddened to read that your particular room was in need of decoration, be assured that this is not indicative, and we are currently in process of redecorating a selection of rooms throughout the hotel and we have program of bathroom redecoration also taking place – thank you for mentioning this.

I was also concerned to read that your particular room the heating was malfunctioning and from your comments I have ask or engineers to look into that particular room as we were unaware of it – I am sorry we could not fix it on the day but pleased to read that the portable heater provided proved to be the ideal solution.

I would also like to thank you for the great feedback in relation to our staff and helpfulness and friendliness that you encountered from all departments – I will ensure that the team are made aware of your feedback.

Thank you again for submitting your great review and I look forward to welcoming your back next summer.

Sincerely

Regional General Manager

Reviewed 2 October 2011

This 4 star hotel does not fail to meet the four stars rating it currently holds and I will be staying again

Food and wine are of a very high standard.

Staff are so kind and helpful

Hugh

Room Tip: anyone staying will get a good standard room
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business

Dear Hugh

Thank you for taking the time to submit your excellent review following your 3rd visit, I was delighted that you had a great break with us and I have passed on your feedback to my team.

Thank you also for highlighting the quality of the Brasserie for food and wine and also for your kind comments about our team and the hotel in general it is much appreciated.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in near future

Reviewed 26 September 2011

We stayed at the Menzies hotel in Glasgow from the 20th of Sep to the 23rd of Sep, 2011 and I have to say that we had the best short break we have ever had, the staff were fantastic, the rooms, the quality of the food were all amazing, the staff from the cleaning staff to the reception staff could not be more helpful, we will defo be back in april on our next glasgow trip. :-)

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 September 2011

My husband and I stay in this hotel at least four times a year. It is within five minutes of the city centre, tour bus stops right outside the hotel and you can walk to Partick to the Kelvingrove Museum, Transport Museum or just walk along the River Clyde either direction. The walk will take approx 20mins. The hotel itself is really comfortable and clean. The spa is a lovely place to relax after a hard day sight seeing. The breakfast is wonderful. The staff are really helpful. Would thoroughly recommend staying here if you are in Glasgow.

Room Tip: Have stayed in various rooms in the hotel so we would not recommend a certain type. Although if you...
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple

Dear Springsid

Thank you for your great review, I was very pleased to read that you enjoyed your return stay with us and we exceeded your expectations. Thank you for taking the time to post your review on trip advisor we really appreciate it.

Once again many thanks for your kind review and I hope to meet you on your next visit to the hotel and when you next have a requirement please do not hesitate to contact me directly on philip.mellor@menzieshotels.co.uk.