Hallmark Hotel Glasgow
US$338
US$207
Radisson Blu
  • Pool
Jurys Inn Glasgow(Glasgow)(Great Value!)
US$167
US$364
US$292
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Grand Central Hotel(Glasgow)(Great Value!)
US$202
  • Room Service
US$301
US$294
2,373 results
All reviewsleisure facilitiescity centresecure parkingswimming poolsteam roomleisure clubon arrivalgood sizecar parkroom was largeargyle streeta bit tiredweekend breakrestaurant staffreception staffwould stay againbuffet style
Reviewed 11 October 2011

Why family friendly? It was the little things I guess. My daughter loved the free sweets that featured prominently at the reception desk in a jar. My daughter also really enjoyed the swimming pool, which is a feature I'd never use in a hotel, but with children, it's a great way to spend time together.

Another point in support of the family-friendliness of this hotel, it was obvious that the hotel was busy (as was the rest of Glasgow...no cheap rates to be found !) and Menzies had several groups in-house. Usually, this can mean a drop in service, particularly with food and beverage, moreso at breakfast.

But this wasn't the case. Whilst the hotel was clearly busy, we were made very welcome in the restaurant, high-chair provided and the staff were very patient with our (at times) noisy kids (3.5 and 1.5 years old).

Really great F&B service.

Room Tip: Wasn't there long enough to work out the best location.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
PhilipMellor, General Manager at Hallmark Hotel Glasgow, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2011

Dear Emufi..

Thank you for taking the time to submit your excellent review, I was delighted that you had a great break with us thank you for your kind comments about the family friendliness of the hotel. I have passed on your feedback to my team.

Thank you also for highlighting the quality of the Brasserie for breakfast even through the hotel was very busy and also for your kind comments about our Waves Leisure Club

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in near future

Reviewed 10 October 2011

I stayed at the Glasgow Menzies hotel on 5th October 2011. The hotel is situated close to the M8 but within 10 mins walking distance of Grand Central Station. I used the very comfortable bar seating area in the afternoon for a business meeting. The hotel provides free wifi access throughout which make a nice change not having to pay expensive connection and usage charges unlike some other chains I could mention! The staff were polite and attentive the bedroom was quit large and well appointed. I only had a slight issue concerning cold plates at the hot buffet breakfast, which resulted in an apology and I noticed the fact was immediately written on the duty managers sheet.
I will certainly stay here again on my next visit to Glasgow.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
PhilipMellor, General Manager at Hallmark Hotel Glasgow, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2011

Dear Philinda...

Thank you for taking the time to submit your positive review. I was delighted you had great stay with us and appreciate your kind comments in relation to the lounge area that you utilized for your business meeting.

Thank you also for highlighting the benefit of our location and free wifi that we offer throughout the hotel and for the kind comments in relation to friendliness of all the staff members that you came into contact with - I will ensure that my team share in your kind praise.

I was sorry to read your comments in regard to cold plates at breakfast but pleased to read that we had already taken action to rectify this when you mentioned this on your departure.

I look forward to being able to welcome you back to Glasgow in the near future.

Regional General Manager

Reviewed 10 October 2011

We've stay here many times and we've always been treated very well. This occasion was no different. The hotel was the busiest we've seen it but this did not impact on the service and quality we received. (obviously word is getting around about how good this hotel is!). We stayed in one of the suites and had a superb time. I wish I could take the bed home it was so comfortable. We look forward to a return visit very soon.

Room Tip: Higher floors are quieter and the suites are terrific for families or those who just like extra room with beds on the mezzanine
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank HollyL

Dear Holly,

Thank you for taking the time to submit your excellent review, I was delighted to read that you had a great return stay and thank you for highlighting the benefits of booking one of our Apartments

Once again many thanks for you kind review and I hope to meet you on your next visit to the hotel.

Regional General Manager

Reviewed 2 October 2011

My son and I stayed here for 3 nights in August. Good value for the money. Breakfast wasn't fantastic, but food quality was good and selection adequate. Service was always very good and efficient. Pool looked very nice even though we didn't have a chance to use it. Room was clean and comfortable. What we liked most was convenience- a short walk to centre of Glasgow. Tourist sightseeing bus stopped in front of hotel. We would definitely stay here again if we return to Scotland.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 October 2011

Maintains the Menzies standard of comfort and service. Hotel is comfortable and with all amenities and is conveniently located for the city centre, musuems, river walking and buses and trains. Parking is available and secure. Very happy with this choice.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple