“Great hotel. Great location”

Hallmark Hotel Glasgow
Ranked #47 of 95 Hotels in Glasgow
Lancaster, England
“Great hotel. Great location”
Reviewed 2 November 2011

Enjoyable stay with my wife and two daughters. Staff were very helpful, pool and gym were great and the breakfasts were marvellous. The hotel is very clean, our room was cleaned every day and we had a great time.

• Stayed October 2011
PhilipMellor, General Manager at Hallmark Hotel Glasgow, responded to this review, 25 November 2011
Dear Emmyoueff,

Thank you for taking the time to submit your positive review. I was delighted you had a great stay with us and appreciate your kind comments in relation to the size of our bedrooms and you saw the benefits of our location to all the local attractions and city centre.

I look forward to being able to welcome you back to Glasgow in the near future.

Regional General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (356)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Dublin
Reviewed 31 October 2011

Stayed here for one night in October 2011 while attending a conference at the Glasgow Convention Centre. The Menzies hotel is convenient for this as it is located between the Convention Centre and the city centre and is within walking distance of both. It is about 15 minutes walk to the bars and restaurants around Sauchiehall Street and about 20 minutes from the Convention Centre. The walk into town in fine but the walk to the Convention Centre is not great as it is along a busy road.

As for the hotel itself, it is comfortable with good facilities in the rooms and helpful staff at the reception. The breakfast is a standard buffet affair providing a continental or a traditional cooked breakfast.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
PhilipMellor, General Manager at Hallmark Hotel Glasgow, responded to this review, 16 November 2011
Dear Magairlin…

Thank you for your great review, I was very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and we exceeded your expectations. Thank you for taking the time to post your review on trip advisor we really appreciate it.

I was pleased to read that you saw the benefits of our location to both the city centre and the closeness to the SECC and thank you for highlighting this.

Once again many thanks for your kind review and I hope to meet you on your next visit to the hotel.

Ilford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 October 2011

Stayed here for 3 nights whilst visiting for a wedding. The hotel room was lovely and very large. The immediate surrounding area wasn't very picturesque but don't be put off by this as a very short walk takes you to all the restaurants, bars + shops of Sauchiehall St and Argyle Street.
I even managed to have a workout in the gym and whilst very well equiped the "Technogym" system wasn't working so taking my own "Technogym Key" and being told it would work didn't turn out to be the case.
The car park is situated across the road, is secure and is charged at £3 per day which is very reasonable.
I would definitely return for another stay.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank HelenP526
Dear HelenP26,

Thank you for taking the time to submit your great review, I was delighted to read that you had a great 3 day break with us whilst attending a local wedding.

Thank you for you kind comments in relation to the room and for highlighting the size and quality of our bedrooms.

I was sorry to read that your Technogym key did not work in our equipment in the gym and we have since contacted Technogym directly who advise that our equipment is no longer compatible with the newer style of keys! I am sorry that we were not aware of that prior to your visit and apologies for the disappointment. I was however pleased to read that you had a good work out and enjoyed the use of the club.

Once again many thanks for you kind review and I hope to meet you on your next visit to the hotel

Strachur, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 October 2011

Going to a day event on the Ferry I looked for a nearby hotel. Menzies is less than 5 minutes away, had good reviews and good facilities. Managed to get a good deal for a room.
Positives : Free parking across the road from Hotel; central location; good pool and steam room; spa treatments available; comfortable room; pleasant bar; helpful staff; good quality breakfast.
Negatives : Very busy breakfast - small buffet setup meant queues.
As we live in Argyll, parking is an essential requirement and to be so in central is a bonus. Found out that other couples from our village had used this hotel and recommended it too.

Room Tip: I found the best price on the hotel's own website.
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
Dear Daisypots,

Thank you for taking the time to submit your great review and I was please to read that we exceeded your expectations and were able to make use of all the facilities within the hotel.

I was pleased to read that you saw the benefits of our location and the closeness to the City centre as well as the size and quietness of our rooms.

I am sorry I did not get the opportunity to meet you during your stay hope we can welcome you back to the hotel soon.

Kind regards,

Montrose, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 October 2011

We stayed for one night to go to a concert at The Ferry, which is about 2/3 mins walk down to the bottom of the road, so perfect location. Only 5/10 minutes walk to city centre/Central station area. Room was lovely and clean, spotless bathroom, great shower. Staff were very friendly and helpful, extremely pleasant to deal with. Only one minor irritation was in the morning breakfast room was VERY busy, queued along the corridor. The self service area for breakfast is woefully inadequate, way too small and crammed; perhaps an 'island' self serving area layout would be more practical? and the grill took forever to do the toast. But, as I said, it was very busy and the staff did their best under the circumstances. Food was good, but only scrambled eggs available, would have preferred fried. That said it was no big deal and would definitely recommend this hotel and be happy to return.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Weechris
Dear Weechris…

Thank you for taking the time to submit your great review and I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your break with us and thank you for the feedback especially in relation to the friendliness of the team and our provision of “Free” WiFi which we have available throughout all our hotels.

I was however saddened to read your comments about breakfast and that you were disappointed to have to wait for a table, we do all we can to warn our guests of the peak times to try to elevate this – it does however appear on the particular morning in question that the majority of the house decided to breakfast at the same time – I was please to read you did not have to wait long and that you enjoyed your breakfast

Thank you also for you feedback about the lay out the restaurant buffet stations and I will certainly take that on board when we conduction refurbishment works in the Brasserie. I would also like to advise that we only provide scrambled eggs on the buffet as it is our experience the fried eggs dry out and become rubbery in texture and cook Fried and poached to order which is highlight on the buffet and the breakfast menus – I am sorry if this was not clear and will review this further.

Thank you again for submitting your great review and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future

Huddersfield
Reviewed 22 October 2011

Fantastic gem of a hotel, large rooms, free internet, friendly service, relaxing bar area, 8 mins walk from Central Station. The car parking was supposed to be charged but was never asked for any payment. They have smoking rooms available for those that appreciate the right to breathe what they want.
When you pull up you will be disapointed by the area, don't be, it is undergoing a slow regeneration.
This hotel had some of the friendliest reception staff I have ever met and were always willing to offer help and advice.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Argonaut_1
Dear Argonaut…

Thank you for taking the time to submit your positive review. I was delighted you had a nice stay with us and appreciate your kind comments in relation to the friendliness of our reception staff members I will pass on your kind comments to my reception manager to share with her team.

I was pleased to read that you saw the benefits of our location to all the local attractions and city centre and our secure car parking.

I look forward to being able to welcome you back to Glasgow in the near future.

Scotland
Reviewed 18 October 2011

This hotel is friendly and welcoming. The room was very clean and comfortable and of good proprtions. Bathroom well lit and spotless. The spa facitlities were brilliant a good size pool for a hotel pool and sauna and steam room excellent. The bar is comfortable to sit in and breakfast was a really good choice of food available. It is within walking distance to shops and restaurants.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends

Once again many thanks for your kind review and I hope to meet you on your next visit to the hotel and when you next have a requirement please do not hesitate to contact me directly on philip.mellor@menzieshotels.co.uk.