“Perfect for chilling out”

Hallmark Hotel Glasgow
Ranked #46 of 93 Hotels in Glasgow
Reviewed 3 January 2012

This was our second stay at the Menzies. We stayed for two nights DBB. Good location, lovely clean rooms, very spacious. Fab leisure facilities, perfect for chilling out by the pool or jacuzzi. My only gripe is the breakfast didn't stay warm as the dining room seem to have the air-con on which cooled the cooked breakfast down. Anyway we had a lovely time and will defo be back.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bigbadjohn_9
PhilipMellor, General Manager at Hallmark Hotel Glasgow, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2012

Dear Bigbadjohn….

Thank you for taking the time to submit your great review and I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your dinner bed and breakfast break with us and thank you for the feedback.

I was however saddened to read that breakfast was cold, which you felt was down to the air-conditioning in the Brasserie. Something that we certainly have not experienced before or has being highlight to us – I do wish you had brought it to our attention on the morning in question so we could have rectified it for you, I have asked that hotplate be checked as a precaution in case we have an intermittent fault that we are unaware of.

I was pleased to hear that you will definitely be returning to us in the near future.

Thank you again for submitting your great review.

Sincerely

There are newer reviews for Hallmark Hotel Glasgow

Reviewed 3 January 2012

This was our 3rd visit to Menzies and we were lucky enough to be upgraded to a suite. The staff were again very friendly and welcoming. The suite was huge, spotlessly clean and very comfortable. Breakfast as always was hot, delicious and there was plenty of it! I would recommend Menzies to anyone looking for a hotel near but not too near the city centre.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple

Dear Packupyourtroubles….,

Thank you for taking the time to submit your great review and I was please to read that we have exceeded your expectations on your most recent visit and you had a brilliant third stay with us.

I was pleased that we able to upgrade you to one of the hotels Executive rooms on this occasion and thank you for your kind comments about the Suite and the quality of our breakfast.

I was also pleased to read that you saw the benefits of our location and the closeness to the City centre.

I am sorry I did not get the opportunity to meet you during your stay hope we can welcome you back to the hotel soon.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 1 January 2012

Very close to the town for shops, pubs, restraunts, transport of trains, subway, buses, taxis etc.

Great value for money! They have a pool etc, very clean and lovely! Very relaxing. Great getaway for couples. Would highly recommend it. They have a treatment room also for massages etc.

Staff are friendly and helpful. Everything you need rolled into one place! Fab!!

• Stayed: July 2011

Dear Sam.... s…..

Thank you for taking the time to submit your excellent review, I was delighted that you had a fantastic get away with us and I have passed on your feedback to my team.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in near future

Kind regards

Philip Mellor
Regional General Manager

Reviewed 1 January 2012

Having just returned from a six month tour of duty in Afghanistan my partner booke this hotel as a suprise for New Year. We had booked a meal in the resturant for 1900hrs on New Years eve this was confirmed at check in however when we arrived looking for our table we rudely informed that there was no such booking but we could have a meal brought to our room or sit in the bar with the 300 kids that we running riot in the place. As you can guess we walked into the city centre for and located a resturant to eat. We had booked two night but left after breakfast on the first day. Breakfast was a disaster from start to finish I dont think this hotel has ever been full until now as the staff didnt know what jobs there were ment to be doing waited fifteen mins for a cup of weak warm coffee. which sums this place up weak warm welcome to the guests. Glad to be home for a rest.

Room Tip: book the Hilton along the road
2  Thank tankie101
PhilipMellor, General Manager at Hallmark Hotel Glasgow, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2012

Dear Tankie……

Thank you very much for talking to me with regard to the feedback in relation to your stay with us on the 31st December and as I said on the telephone please accept my sincere apologies that you were disappointed on this visit.

As we discussed I cannot understand why a reservation was taken for the Brasserie Restaurant as we do not utilize the restaurant on Hogmanay due to prior commitments in the centre of Glasgow so we offer only Bar food or Room-service for those not wishing to attend the Gala Dinner. I can only apologise that this information was not correctly relayed to you when you first called the hotel or indeed resolved on your arrival and I am very sorry that you felt that the team dealt with your issue in a lukewarm manner and please be assured that I have taken steps with my senior team to stop this re-occuring in the future.

In relation to the feedback about children – the hotel did have a number of children staying with their parents and from our conversation I believe that you are referring to 4 families who only check in on the day and decided to sit in the bar and enjoy Hogmanay whilst the children were playing in the lounge area opposite, whilst excited they were certainly not rowdy or boisterous, I am however very sorry that the children staying at the hotel detracted from your enjoyment.

I have had the opportunity to investigate you feedback in relation to breakfast and the temperature of the coffee – I have asked that our equipment is checked as we received no other feedback of this nature.

I do hope that you will consider returning to the hotel in the future as we discussed and would ask that you contact me directly at philip.mellor@menzieshotels.co.uk should you have a requirement.

Kind regards

Reviewed 30 December 2011

Had a short break from the kids at Menzies. We had the DB&B package and for what we paid we have no complaints.
Good hotel, good sized clean rooms and pleasant helpful staff.
If i had paid more for the package i might have complained about having to pay for veg,potatoes or chips with my main meal thought that would be part of dinner.
Have stayed previously and will be back again good location about 7-8 mins walk to central station, pubs, shops etc.

Reviewed 30 December 2011

My daughter and I had the spa experience and afternoon tea. The young ladies who gave us our treatment on Friday 23/12/11 were delightful and we enjoyed every minute. thank you ladies. Afternoon tea was lovely too. we will return

Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 December 2011

We have just returned from a 2 night break between Christmas and New Year. Booked through the hotel's own website and a real value for money deal. We paid a little extra for an Executive Suite and Wow it was worth it. All the little extras plus an amazing contemporary loft style room which also had a kitchen including hob, microwave, fridge, pots and crockery everything you would need. We were D and BB so didn't really need it but nice touch. The upgrade also include soft drinks, nuts and chocolate and bathrobes.
The leisure pool included jacuzzie and steam room, it was really good and not too busy, although there always seemed to be people in the pool when you passed by it. It gots lots of use by families as well.
Restaurant was excellent and the staff were very friendly.
Location great and yes some of the area was run down but a hundred yards or so you have the regenerated River Clyde, very impressive.
Took the hop on hop of bus which had Alex giving live commentary, he was excellent and very knowledgeable and pointed out lots of interest features to the city, including pub and restaurants. He is a credit to the company.
The Hotel and Glasgow done well.