“Everything great except location”

Hallmark Hotel Glasgow
Ranked #45 of 93 Hotels in Glasgow
Reviewed 23 May 2012

I used to stay here with my company until they moved us to a different hotel. Such a shame as the staff made us feel genuinely welcome. Rooms clean and well appointed and very comfortable, very good breakfast too. The hotel isn't in the best area, wouldn't want to go wandering at night, but convenient for shops etc. during the daytime. Although a relatively large hotel, the staff give attentive service that is usually found in smaller independent family hotels !

Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
PhilipMellor, General Manager at Hallmark Hotel Glasgow, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2012

Dear Concordedave

Thanks for submitting your great review following your stay and for your kind comments in regard to our hotel – I will ensure that all those involved share in your praise. I was however sorry to read that you felt the around the hotel was not in the best – this area around the station and hotel is currently earmark for re-generation and I know that not only ourselves but the hotels around the area Grand Central, Radisson, Marriott and Hilton are all similarly affected being in the same location.

Thanks again for your review and I hope I can welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Sincerely

Philip Mellor
Regional General Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,202)

Reviewed 22 May 2012

Had high hopes after an absence of two weeks. All problems relating to Internet access resolved on last stay but major problems yesterday. Had extremely slow service for 25 mins and then lost connection all together @ 7.45pm until 8.10 am this morning. Raised matter with reception; had personal visit from duty manager @ 8pm who advised this happened regularly on a Monday (the day they change their password). He said he would ring Internet team and I would be kept updated; last I heard.
Whilst the hotel has many things that puts it top of my list as a place to stay, as a person who regularly works away reliable Internet access for keeping in touch with friends and family. Even now I can only get a low wifi signal from my room. If I want any thing better I need to go down to reception, where I really don't want people hearing my conversations.

• Stayed: May 2012

Dear Sarah,

Thank you for talking to me yesterday and for all your help. I really do appreciate you letting me know the issues that you experienced with your wifi connection, which as we discussed was very frustrating to learn about as we have no reported issues and you yourself even mentioned your colleague stayed on the same floor the last time.

I have being in contact with BT Openzone and I have been assured that they will investigate that particular floor and device to ensure that we do not experience any further issues - once again please accept my apologies for this and be assured we will continue to work with BT to eradicate this issue.

I was delighted to hear that you enjoyed staying with us and look forward to returning in September and I do hope that I have opportunity to meet up with you then.

Kind regards

Regional General Manager

Reviewed 21 May 2012

I have been to the Menzies Hotel in Glasgow four times now this year alone whilst Ive been studying my Diploma.I initially chose the Menzies hotel due to the Health Spa and swimming pool available.
Since my first trip I knew I would be back for my business trips and have even been on 2 family trips aswell.I find the staff very friendly and helpful,they seem to take the busy times in their stride and still provide a professional service.Facilities in this hotel are second to none,Sauna,Spa,Gym,Parking,Swimming Pool the list goes on.Theres good traets for the Ladies in the Spa with various treatments on offer.Food is good and its always nice to have a good choice in the Bar area

Room Tip: I choose the executive rooms as they are great value.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 May 2012

Nice size and very clean rooms.breakfast buffet very nice. Light meals available in the evening at the lobby bar. If seeking SPA services, be sure to make advanced reservations. Friendly and hard working staff. The stop for the hop on hop off tour is nearby

Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 May 2012

As part of a fleeting trip to Glasgow I stayed at the Menzies Glasgow. The hotel was well located to Glasgow Central Station and apart from the weather it is within easy walking distance.

The one minor downside was that the room smelled dusty even though it was very clean. On detailed inspection the heating/cooling system vent above the door looked like it hadn't been cleaned for months. But I stress this was a minor issue

Room Tip: The area where the hotel is situated is very quiet so there doesn't seem to be any issues with r...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business

Dear Andrew

Thank you for taking the time to submit your great review and I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for the feedback.

I was however saddened to read that you room felt musty and that the air-conditioning vent was dusty and could have contributed to this – I have asked my Head Housekeeper to have all the rooms inspected and add the vents to our daily task to ensure this does not re-occur.

I am also sorry that you did not call down to reception and report it, as I am sure had we being given the opportunity we would have done all we could to resolve this to your total satisfaction

Thank you again for submitting your great review.

Sincerely

Reviewed 16 May 2012 via mobile

A well situated hotel with good facilities, however for the second time running the toilet in the room malfunctioned (flush jammed on). Also bar menu is limited and overpriced, otherwise a good place to stay.

• Stayed: May 2012
Reviewed 15 May 2012

We had a very pleasant stay at the hotel and would highly recommend it. I enjoyed the health and fitness facilities especially. The breakfast was excellent with lots of choice. Will definitely be coming back!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family