“Brilliant experience”

Ranked #47 of 95 Hotels in Glasgow
Newtownards, United Kingdom
“Brilliant experience”
Reviewed 13 February 2013

Stayed here for girlie weekend with my friend in Feb- Hotel, facilities and staff -especially Brian were absolutely excellent. We did the murder mystery nite and used the pool and had some treatments in the spa and it was wonderful. Thank you to all the staff!!

Room Tip: we were in 217 it was lovely and quiet.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Jotravelnut21

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (350)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Stirling, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 February 2013

My wife and me has invited by our friend's 60th Birthday treat with friends and relatives, we has surprised to see Menzies Hotel give us impressed than we expected. all staff give us good smiling to welcome us coming on our first visit to stay overnight. the room is very clean and good spacious to make us good comfort relaxing, the bar staff & waiters are friendly and good respect working. We all has enjoyed much at the function party, the food buffet served hot with sandwiches are very good. After day the breakfast has good choices which we like to choose any small or large. NOTE;- Car parking charge £4-00 per day nearby, there have 24 hours surveillance.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
Saltford
Reviewed 7 February 2013 via mobile

I've stayed here twice and it's an excellent hotel. It's a short walk from the town centre. The rooms are large and spacious and the beds are large and very comfortable. It's relatively modern and the decor is in good condition but not perfect. Breakfast is good bot I hate the plates being taken before you finish chewing the last mouthful. Overall this is a very good hotel. Comfortable and professionally run. Parking is in a secure yard just over the road. Staff were all very good, professional and polite.

Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
Aberdeen
Reviewed 7 February 2013

My wife and I spent 3 nights in Glasgow in the Menzies Glasgow Hotel (first time I have stayed in the Menzies), and I must say It is the best Hotel I have stayed in for a while. I don't usually right reviews but in this case I felt I would like to highlight how much I enjoyed my stay. Some of the things I consider important in a Hotel were just first class ! Firstly, the Bedroom was extremely comfortable, with a large comfy bed with THREE pillows each !! The shower (very important !) was great, and the large flat Screen TV (with SKY Sports !) was a bonus !! The Hotel is in a good location close to the City . We went to a Football game at the other side of town on the first night and walked to the Cinema during the following afternoon. On Friday evening we took the underground train (Central Station very close to the Hotel) to the S.E.C.C. to see a concert. We had one meal in the Hotel Restaurant and I must say that it was absolutely delicious. The hotel has a nice Bar too with TVs on the wall, which is great for sports fans like me !! All in all, this was a great 3 days break which I will definately be doing again, and I will certainly be staying at the Menzies. The price was extremely affordable considering it included the evening dinner and breakfast every morning, I'm not sure where we could have got better value. Thanks to all the lovely staff there for helping make this a great break. Regards, Norman & Susan Shirron, Aberdeen.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

1 Thank Norman S
scotland
Reviewed 3 February 2013

Booked 2 nights here as we were going to see The Vatersey Boys on the Ferry, excellent location. All meals we had were very good, all staff keen to help and smiley! Watched the rugby in the bar in the afternoon and the Polish girls behind the bar were excellent a credit to the hotel. Our room was comfy and very quiet as we were facing the Clyde. Would definately return, mentioned it was my birthday at check in and got a birthday card from the hotel! Nice touch, thanks.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Christchurch, New Zealand
Reviewed 1 February 2013

Everything about this hotel is fantastic, the very spacious room , comfy bed. All u could expect in the room, tea and coffee facilities, fridge, iron,iron board, hair dryer.I had really comfy nights sleep no noise. The hotel leisure facilities are excellent had lovely relaxing swim ,sauna and jacuzzi .
Staff are excellent and nothing is too much bother for them.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
Strathdon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 January 2013

Stayed here for dinner, bed and breakfast offer which was good value for money. Our rooms were spacious, clean and beds were cosy and comfortable. Food was good - had ours in lounge bar as we were going to a show at SECC. Service was very fast which suited us. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Made use of the leisure facilities the next morning which was very enjoyable.
Only negative comment I would make is that the street is not very fitting for a four star hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends