US$228
US$263
Doubletree
US$222
  • Restaurant
Jurys Inn Glasgow(Glasgow)(Great Value!)
US$222
US$123
PremierInn.com
  • Free Internet
2,424 results
All reviewscity centreleisure facilitiessecure parkingsteam roomleisure clubon arrivalgood sizecar parkroom was largeargyle streeta bit tiredreception staffrestaurant staffweekend breakwould stay againbuffet stylebooked this hotel
Reviewed 24 February 2014

I booked this hotel for a present for my husband for Christmas and on arrival we were quickly shown our room which I had paid an extra £20 each for an upgrade. The room was large with a mini bar stocked with soft drinks, water etc.
We had a meal in the hotel on the first night which was excellent and no complaints about at all the staff were friendly and very efficient. The buffet breakfast was fine and there was plenty to choose from. We arrived early for breakfast one day and late the other and found no problems with the service or the selection.
I have two gripes both of which are fairly basic needs! The room we were in (apparently an upgraded room from a standard double) had no mirror that you could sit at and dry your hair, put on make up etc! I ended up opening the wardrobe door and sitting squashed into the other door to dry my hair! The only mirror was high on the wall and required you to stand, something I prefer not to do really! The mirrors in the bathroom were fine but again you had to stand! Also at 8.30 on our second day there was no hot water and we ended up having a freezing shower! We did mention it at reception and the lady was very apologetic and said there had been a boiler problem!
On the whole I think it's a really nice hotel, a little tired in some places but the staff were lovely and really helpful. I didn't have a problem with the price of the drinks, they are pretty much the same as any other city hotel.The spa was great and the pool and other facilities were lovely too. Would I go back? I'm not sure, the jury is out as I am still getting over my cold shower!!

Room Tip: I don't think the views are particularly nice from any rooms!
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank GoatsElgin_Scotland
Reviewed 23 February 2014

On arrival at this Galsgow Hotel the inital appearance of the area and building is a bit off putting. Once inside everything else was much better. All staff were 1st class ,very helpful and enthusiastic.Nothing was too much trouble for them. Our room on the 5th floor was spacious,quiet and clean.

The leisure complex was nice and clean with good facilities.Parking very close cost £4.00 per 24 hr period which for city centre is good value.

Breakfast was excellent, nice quality and good veriety in a lovely setting. Really enjoyed my stay and would return again.

Room Tip: Decent views the higher up you go,
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank calum c
Reviewed 22 February 2014

Stayed for three nights in February on business. I upgraded to an apartment which I think was very worthwhile. Loads of space and a free mini-bar; TV in the main room and in the upstairs bedroom.
Breakfast was buffet and plenty of choice; only had it once. Car parking was reasonable at £4 a day. Leisure club was food, with large pool, jacuzzi, steam room and sauna all included.
Everyone at the hotel from reception to waiting staff appeared smily and were very helpful.
Would go back again and would recommend it.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 February 2014

Stayed for one night at the Menzies. It is in a handy location 2 minutes from the motorway exit, 5 mins to the shops and has good parking rates; £4 for 24 hours. Some parts of the hotel are needing a lick of paint but generally it is in good condition. Rooms are also a little dated but are clean and tidy. The spa and fitness suite are good and open all day. We had DBB and were happy with the food, drink is another matter!!! prices are extortionate £5.20 for 2 small bottles of Irn Bru is ridiculous, the management should realise if it was sensibly priced people would buy more than one drink, and your barmaid wouldn't be bored rigid as no one is coming for seconds
That said, the staff are excellent and as friendly and helpful as you will come across.
I will visit again, but won't be buying any drinks at that prices

Room Tip: No Views so it really doesn't matter
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 February 2014

My booking had gone astray but delightful reception staff meant I never felt awkward or unwelcome and when the company who made the booking sorted it out, everyone who worked at the Menzies made my stay great. It's not in a pretty place and it doesn't have a pretty view, but they've put together a team that makes guests feel good about themselves. The food is what the prices would suggest, it's clean, comfortable and things work as they should. There's cheap parking. It's the staff - cleaners, waiters, receptionists - who make it more than 'It's Tuesday, so it must be Glasgow'.

Room Tip: Corner room on the third floor is quiet.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business