Hallmark Hotel Glasgow
US$181
US$159
Priceline
2,345 results
All reviewsleisure facilitiescity centresecure parkingswimming poolsteam roomleisure clubon arrivalgood sizecar parkroom was largeargyle streeta bit tiredweekend breakrestaurant staffreception staffwould stay againbuffet style
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Stayed here on 9th and 10th June as attending a conference at secc. Rooms a little dated but I had a nice room which was immaculately clean. Breakfast was fantastic with loads of choice and as much as you wanted. The service was first class from all staff I dealt with in particular the man that checked me in and helped with my luggage on check in/out and today, same for the other man who called me a taxi and advised me against my next hotel which I was to move to for 2 nights due to my work(sorry I didn't catch the staff names). Attended the next 2 days for a conference and their conference facilities, food etc fantastic as well. Would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Bridgey78
Reviewed 11 June 2014

My friend and I were on a 2 week Vacation in Scotland. After our first tour of Isle of Skye, we stayed for 2 nights on our own and 3 nights as part of our second tour at this hotel.
We had passed by the hotel on our Hop on, Hop Off tour earlier in the week and we were a little anxious as it looked like a dormitory for a University.
Boy were we ever surprised! Our tour driver dropped us off at the driveway and a porter came out and grabbed our cases without even being asked! Nice, as it was raining!
Excellent front desk staff - every question answered patiently.
Rooms were lovely, bar food was quick but pricey and convenient. Restaurant was fabulous!
Pool was a little cooler than I am used to but lovely. The whirlpool was just what tired aching feet that had walked all day needed.
If you wish to take local bus - stop was right out behind hotel and will take you most places downtown for 1.60 pounds or 4 pounds for all day ticket. Bus drivers are not particularly helpful in getting you where you need to go but people on the street were awesome and bailed us out numerous times! Taxis are usually sitting outside the door but be wary - not all are the most reliable in taking you on the fastest route! Not a lot of food options that were close by but we found places to grab food and bring back to hotel once we found our way about.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 June 2014

My wife and I stayed here for one night and our experience was very good. There was a loud function on till the early hours of the morning but the reception staff advised us of this on check-in and it wasn't too much of an issue. Rooms were clean but dated, as were lifts/coridoors etc and the building is quite scruffy from the outside. Beds were overwhelmingly large and comfy too and despite the noise we had a good nights sleep. Staff were very friendly and helpful (especially the gentleman on the concierge service, didn't catch his name but was quite small with a shaved head, really nice guy who went out of his way to help and be polite). We spent some time in the pool/spa area and this was excellent, one of the best of the UK hotels we have stayed in. Breakfast was of good quality and the staff in the restaurant were very efficient. Overall a very good stay.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 June 2014

We stayed at the Menzies Glasgow for 3 nights during our recent trip to Scotland. The staff at the hotel was very helpful from check in to check out. The rooms were pretty typical for a hotel which worked great for us. The location of the hotel is slightly out of the way and a little bit hard to find as the entrance is on a side dead end street. It was only a 5 min walk to the train station and maybe 10 min to most of the restaurants and stuff. I would recommend the Menzies Glasgow for a hotel in Glasgow as long as you don't mind a short walk to most things.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Booked this hotel for 2 nights based on a price given over the telephone on two separate calls, when we arrived we paid the price we were given.

Upon checking out were advised that the price paid was only for one night!

Complained to the duty manager who agreed to investigate, as was unsure why only one nights payment was taken upon arrival, then a week later without any authorisation they debited our cards. I did not leave my card details with them, therefore they have clearly reused the details from when I paid on arrival.

The way this has been dealt with by management is a total shambles and that isn't even the half of it.

My friend has been reduced to tears my the rudeness and lack of respect from management.

Worst experience we have ever had with a hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014
4  Thank Katrina L
PhilipMellor, General Manager at Hallmark Hotel Glasgow, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

Dear....Katrina
I was very sorry to read your review on the site and that you feel that your queries were not dealt with correctly by the management team and myself at the hotel. Prior to calling your friend, I spoke to all the involved parties and would just like to clarify your bookings.
The reservation was made by telephone and the price quoted by Lorraine, Reservation Supervisor, was £123 per room per night. This was quoted at the time of the booking which your friend confirmed with me was correct and a reservation number was given for your bookings.
We have no record of a second call that was made to the hotel to query the rate. Had the booking reference been quoted the booking would clearly have highlighted the rates of £123 per room per night and that would be quoted.
The hotel did all that it could on arrival trying to change room types to a family room at your party’s request but were unable to do this due to lack of availability so you opted stay in the two rooms as originally booked. With regard to the payment, we did try to help with this and I do not feel appropriate to go into this in any detail.
With regard to taking payment for the second night, Kirsten, my Assistant Reception Manager, as agreed on the Sunday with your party, telephoned your friend on the Monday. She tried on many occasions to speak to her to advise of the payment and that we would need to take payment and that we could use the card you had paid with on arrival we she did when she final spoke to her. We advised that if there were any issues to call us and we would not hound for payment. Speaking to Kirsten, we waited until the Friday, heard nothing further and the payment was taken. I did try and point this out on the call this week but was told that none of the above was right and this was not the case - abruptly hung up and swore at me.
Sincerely