“Great Hotel & Leisure facilities” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hallmark Hotel Glasgow

Hallmark Hotel Glasgow
Ranked #48 of 96 Hotels in Glasgow
FIFE,SCOTLAND
“Great Hotel & Leisure facilities”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

Booked a 2 night stay B&B last weekend & at check in upgraded to an Apartment which was well worth the upgrade, had a kitchen & full size fridge, microwave, hob & separate sleeping & lounge area, made use of the fridge for our drinks. Great night sleep very quiet as apartments are situated near the back of hotel in the Old Mill Section.We always go to different hotels when visiting Glasgow but its difficult to beat the Menzies. Parking is also secure & inexpensive compared to other places.

Room Tip: Upgrade to an apartment
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (335)
  • Polish first
St Andrews, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

This hotel is a tiny bit out of the way - about a 10/15 minute walk to Argyle Street, but worth it for the room. We booked a standard double and not sure if it may have been upgraded but the room was huge, really lovely. Can be a bit pricey but we got a good deal.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Dawn D
scotland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

Please don't anyone stay at this hotel it's the worst hotel I've ever came across we booked a superior room with a separate living room it is like something from the ammitiville horror the room stinks of dampness the walls are grubby, I walked straight to reception for a refund where the manager gladly refunded me no questions asked

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank smcScotland
PhilipMellor, General Manager at Hallmark Hotel Glasgow, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Dear ....sms Scot..

I was hugely concerned to read you comments my apologies for my delayed response having just returned to the hotel.

I will investigate your feedback and I am sorry that the room you entered was affected by a strange smell that we are trying to get the bottom of as we don't suffer from this issue.

I can assure you that your experience is not indicative and hope that we may restore you faith in the near future and please do contact me directly when return to Glasgow

Sincerely

Philip
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

wasnt expecting much from a hotel £70 saturday night but was delighted. its budget prices but feels like proper old fashioned well run hotel. nothinbg too much trouble , they brought champagne flutes to room, called cabs, good wifi in rooms, when my hairdryer didnt work another appeared within minutes. only criticism rooms very hot and no opening window. will stay again .

Room Tip: great for a girls night out . use air con before sleeping
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank missmodus
Sheffield, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

I am at the Menzies now for two nights on business. It is a lovely hotel, the bedroom is spacious, comfortable and quiet. However I was furious to be refused dinner in the restaurant tonight because there is a coach party in the Hotel. Why wasn't I told this earlier? I could have eaten whilst I was in the city centre earlier this evening. No doubt this is a deliberate policy to ensure you are a captive diner. I am now forced to eat a more snack type meal in the bar. Don't get me wrong, the bar is very nice, as are the staff and I expect the food will be good (I had the food last night as room service) but that does not make up for the fact I wanted dinner, not a bar meal. Disgraceful way to treat your guests Menzies.

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
4 Thank Wendy F
Dear....w

Thank you for placing your review on the site and I have tried to contact you unsuccessfully. As I mentioned I was very concerned to read your feedback, as you can see from the site my team try there hardest to go the extra mile for our guests. The Brasserie is very popular and like any restaurant in Glasgow we would always advise to book to ensure your reservation can be taken.

When we know we have high demand we advise our guests at check in,so I am not sure why you were not told that the Brasserie was busy that evening and I have asked my Front Office Manager to review this.

I am really sorry that you did not speak to my management team at that time who I am sure could have helped you rather than you walking away thinking we had refused you a table for the night.

I would like to thank you for your very kind comments about the hotel and staff and do hope that at some point in the future we may welcome you back.
Sincerely
Philip
Ayr
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014

Overnight stay in large and well furnished room. Everything you would expect from a top class Hotel. Pleasant and friendly staff who were prepared to help in any way. Typical Glasgow welcome! We stayed on an Easybreaks offer which included dinner and breakfast, and both meals were most enjoyable in a very pleasant dining room. Didn't try the leisure centre but it looked very nice. Parking costs £4 00 for a 24hour stay which is good value for a city Hotel. Will be back!

Room Tip: Ask for high floor.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Grangemouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

I have stayed here several times in different rooms and always enjoy myself and feel at home. The studio apt was well kitted out and dinner was fantastic. The spa staff were lovely too. All in all a brilliant short break.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends