“First Class Hotel, First class service with First Class staff!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hallmark Hotel Glasgow

Hallmark Hotel Glasgow
Ranked #48 of 96 Hotels in Glasgow
Ayr
“First Class Hotel, First class service with First Class staff!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2009

I booked the function suite for my graduation ball that I was arranging. On the night staff could not have been more helpful, the meal was delicious and value for money and included in the price was lovely menues, table plans and place cards. I was upgraded to one of the split level apartments which was lovely. My parents also booked into the hotel and my father was very impressed with the standard of his room (he travels all over the world so this is a major compliment). Special thanks must go to Gereldine the Events Manager who was very helpful and accommodating. Lovely extra touches like ice machines in the corridors and robes in your rooms. All in all a fabulous hotal that I hope to have the pleasure in staying in again!!!!

• Stayed May 2009
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
LennyHughes, General Manager at Hallmark Hotel Glasgow, responded to this review, 22 July 2009
Dear Guest,

Thank you for such a great review. I am delighted we played a part in making your graduation ball such a great success and I am also delighted that your father was very impressed.
I have now passed on all of your feedback to my team with special thanks and mention to Geraldine McKenna, our Events Manager.

We look forward to welcoming yourself and your family again sometime soon.

sincerely

Lenny

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (335)
  • Polish first
Scotland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2009

We stayed at the Menzies hotel for one night on our wedding anniversary, and could not fault it!. From check in till check out the staff were friendly, and very helpful. We had a very large room which was nicely decorated and immaculately clean with no noise at all from the road outside. Breakfast was extremely good with lots of choice and excellent service. The hotel is situated very close to the centre of Glasgow with easy access to fabulous shops and restaurants. Our stay was really enjoyable and if I was to book a hotel in Glasgow in the future I would choose the Menzies, it had everything you could hope for, hopefully our next stay would be longer so we could enjoy the sumptuous looking health spa.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your excellent review. I am delighted that we made your special occasion a very happy one.
We do pride ourselves on our friendly and helpful team and I have also passed your great feedback on to Sharon Kerr, our Housekeeping Manager who is delighted. Thank you once again, and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

sincerely

N.Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2009

We have stayed at this Hotel before and the attention to detail is second to none., I am very fussy and this Hotel made us feel very welcome and delivered excellent service. Great value for money and totally stress free. Very central location and excellent leisure facilities. We have also stayed at the Hilton, Crowne Plaza, Holiday Inn, and Marriot in Glasgow and none of them hold a candle to this Hotel - highly recommend you use this one!!!...We travel to glasgow very regularly and will not stay anywhere else now. Special thanks to Lenny and his staff who made our stay so wonderful....see you soon.

1 Thank HollyL
LennyHughes, General Manager at Hallmark Hotel Glasgow, responded to this review, 20 July 2009
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for such an excellent review and sincere apologies for my delay in responding as I have only recently returned from holiday.

We are delighted you have made us your preferred choice in Glasgow and I have passed this on to the team.

We look foward to welcoming you back in the near future.

paisley
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2009

Myself and my husband stayed there on 4th June 2009 - we had fantastic time from luvly lunch to relaxation in pool, sauna, jacuzzi etc. The meal at night was also delicious although the only negative I have is the portion size - while my husband enjoyed the steak which was a good size - my duck was on the small side and I could have easily have eaten more - in saying that the dishes were well represented and delicious. Breakfast was also very tasty with a wide selection.

Staff were also very friendly and eager to please - would def stay there again without any hesitation.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
LennyHughes, General Manager at Hallmark Hotel Glasgow, responded to this review, 25 June 2009
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the great review, we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and have taken the time to give us your feedback.
I am glad you had the chance to relax and take advantage of our leisure facilities and you found our team to be friendly and eager to please. I have passed all your comments on to them.
Regarding your evening meal, I am delighted you both found it to be delicious but I have spoken with our Executive Chef- Richard Lyth about the portion size for next time.

We look forward to welcoming you on your next visit.

Turriff
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2009

Just to let you know how much my husband and I enjoyed our stay at this hotel. I booked it as a surprise for my husband’s birthday and we had our meal in the hotel restaurant which was superb. The spa was a great way to relax at the end of hard day shopping. Our room was lovely and very spacious.
Everything from our greeting when we arrived to our checking out was excellent. All the staff was very friendly and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay.
We would hightly recommend this hotel.
We are regular visitors to Glasgow and this was our first visit to the Menzies hotel, it definitely won’t be our last.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your excellent review. I am delighted you both enjoyed your first stay with us, on the special occasion of your husband's birthday. I have passed your excellent feedback on to our Executive Chef- Richard Lyth, who also wanted me to pass on his thanks.
Your comments on our team being very friendly are now proudly on display in our canteen.
I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Sunderland, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2009

Stayed here with my wife for 2 nights recently. Located 5-10 mins walk from central station. Spacious room, nice big and comfy bed, very clean, as was all of the hotel I have to say. Staff very friendly. Ate in the restaurant for dinner one evening and the food was excellent. Had quite a bit of a wait for our deserts but waitress was attentive to this which helped. Breakfast was good too.

Leisure facilities very nice, good size pool, jacuzzi etc and gym (if you have the energy). Nice just to wander into breakfast after a swim.

Just the right sort of hotel for us, not too big, would definitely return.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
LennyHughes, General Manager at Hallmark Hotel Glasgow, responded to this review, 20 June 2009
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for such a good review, I am delighted you both enjoyed your stay.
I have passed on your great comments regarding the staff to my team.
We were also very pleased to read that you found the food excellent but sorry for the delay on desserts.
I look forward to welcoming you on your next visit.

kid regards

Maldon, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2009

My third time staying at this hotel and each time it has been excellent! All staff are friendly and helpful, great food, large very clean rooms. Well maintained gym and lovely pool. Very efficient and cater for large numbers at meetings. My colleague came with me for the first time and she also enjoyed her stay.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
LennyHughes, General Manager at Hallmark Hotel Glasgow, responded to this review, 16 June 2009
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your excellent review, I am delighted that you keep returning to stay with us. I was also very happy to read that your colleague also had a good first time stay.
I will pass your great feedback on to the team and I hope to be able to welcome you both back again very soon.
Please contact me if I can be of any further assistance.