Hallmark Hotel Glasgow
US$200
US$102
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Glasgow Marriott Hotel(Glasgow)(Great Value!)
US$94
US$284
US$111
Radisson Blu
  • Pool
Ibis Glasgow City Centre(Glasgow)(Great Value!)
US$70
  • Restaurant
Novotel Glasgow Centre(Glasgow)(Great Value!)
US$113
US$106
US$215
US$180
Agoda.com
2,348 results
All reviewsleisure facilitiescity centresecure parkingswimming poolsteam roomleisure clubon arrivalgood sizecar parkroom was largeargyle streeta bit tiredweekend breakrestaurant staffreception staffwould stay againbuffet style
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 February 2010

My husband and i have just returned from a 2 night stay at this hotel. Great location - 10 min walk into the city centre or to the SECC. Restaurant - great food and top class service. Rooms - clean and spacious. Staff - very friendly. Only one negative - Limited parking for size of hotel. I had to park outwith the hotel car park on the Saturday which cost me 50p every 15 mins. Was able to move my car into car park on the sunday as some guests had checked out.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 February 2010

We spent just one night at this hotel and were very pleased with our reception and room. At dinner the staff were plentiful and very pleasant, but we were very disappointed at the small size of the starters (£5.25 each). My wife's next course was reasonable, but I have never in my life been presented with such a small pice of fish (cod) - so small that I immediately rejected it. A further portion was therefore supplied. It's a pity in such a well appointed and well staffed establishment that such meagre portions are provided at dinner - particularly when the Regional Manager in his 'Dear Guest' letter "announces Head Chef Richsrd Lyth who excels in sourcing fresh seasonal ingredients to create modern Scottish and European dishes".

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
PhilipMellor, Regional General Manager at Hallmark Hotel Glasgow, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2010

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review and for contacting me directly following my e-mail via the site and discussing with me your stay and experience in relation to the cuisine. I was pleased to hear that you found the food quality excellent it was more the size of the dish.

I have following our conversation asked my Head Chef to review your particular dishes. I was pleased to learn that the Brasserie team dealt with your comments on the night very well and ensured that your main meal was change promptly and to your satisfaction.

Thank you also for your comments in regard to the accommodation in that you found it to be of an excellent standard and all the staff very friendly and you enjoyed your stay with us.

I do hope that we can welcome you back to Glasgow in the near future.

Best wishes

Reviewed 1 February 2010

I stayed at this hotel with my husband for the weekend. Firstly the hotel is not very central and we did have problems finding it but I did call the hotel and was given good directions. When arriving at the hotel it looked very dated on the outside but was completely different inside. The reception area was lovely and well decorated, felt very welcoming. Check in was fast and efficient and the staff were very friendly. I was not happy to hear there was an extra charge for internet as this was not stated on the website, £5.99 for 90 mins or £10 for the evening. I feel in a hotel of this standard and the higher room prices this should at least be free. We made our way to our room and was very impressed with the leisure facilites we saw. The room we had been allocated was very large for a double and very comfortable. The temperature was far too warm and the windows do not open which I did not think was good, some of the wallpaper was also ripped so needs updating. We turned on the TV and had very limited channels and the signal was awful, this also needs looking at. The rest of the room was fine and very clean. The shower was very powerful and the free toiletries were great. It did state in the welcome back that there were bath robes but we did not find any.

The next morning we went to the brasserie for breakfast, we were seated quickly and offered tea/coffee and was told to help ourselves to food. There was a buffet style service and there was a huge range of food, all of excellent quality from cereal, full scottish breakfast and fruit. They really do cater for everyone and I was very impressed. Food was hot and very tasty for the scottish breakfast.

Check out was at 11am and again was quick and efficient and I was happy with my stay I just feel for the prices of the rooms they need a good TV signal and updating slightly.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank scotgirl1488
PhilipMellor, Regional General Manager at Hallmark Hotel Glasgow, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2010

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review and I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your visit and thank you for the excellent feedback on the staff and also your great comments in regard to our breakfast selection…I will pass on your kind feedback to the relevant teams. I was however concerned that there were certain aspects of your stay that you were disappointed with. Sorry, I did not get to meet you during your stay, as we would have been delighted to resolve any problems with your room at that time.

In regard to the “Free Wifi” we are currently reviewing our infrastructure with our “Wifi provider” which is a huge investment. But, before we can launch this we want to ensure that the system is functioning correctly and not just switch over and our customers experience poor service.

Thank you again for submitting your good review, I do hope to get change to welcome you back sometime in the future and to that end please when you are next planning a trip to Glasgow please contact me directly on 0141 222 2929 so I may ensure you total satisfaction.

Sincerely

Reviewed 26 January 2010

I booked this hotel for a business stay on the basis of Trip Advisor reviews, but I'm struggling to see what the fuss is about. There are good aspects to this hotel - good value room rates, an excellent leisure club, friendly staff, good breakfast. But in overall terms it looks and feels quite dated and tired. I had a late breakfast and noticed a huge queue to check out and one person on reception. As a business traveller I also object to paying for internet/wifi access - £10 to buy a broadband card! In other cities I've stayed at the City Inn chain where wifi is free, there is an iMac in the room and the room and communal areas are much nicer. I gave this one a try as it had better leisure facilities and a slightly more convenient location, but I'll be back at the City Inn next time.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled on business
PhilipMellor, Regional General Manager at Hallmark Hotel Glasgow, responded to this reviewResponded 2 February 2010

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review and I was disappointed to read your feedback and to that end have tried to contact you via the site to understand where we can learn from your stay. Your comments in regard to the tiredness of the hotel are very unusual to hear. But I have discussed all of your feedback with my team to try and ensure that we get these points right in the future.

On a positive note, I was pleased to read that you felt that your stay was of good value and enjoyed both our leisure club and breakfast, thanks again for the review , I do hope to get change to welcome you back sometime in the future.

Sincerely

Reviewed 25 January 2010

Visited Glasgow for the Rangers game with my husband and stayed Fri and Sat night at the Menzies. Trip advisor reviews were brilliant so thought we'd struck lucky. This hotel is "average". No shower cap or body lotion. Hotel directory stated that we had bathrobes - don't know where they were but we never found them! We went to the restaurant for dinner on the first night at 6.30 and were asked if we'd booked. We hadn't but were told that they could just manage to squeeze us in, otherwise it would be 8.30 before they had a table available. There were plenty of tables empty all through our meal and when we went past later, there were still empty tables! Be aware also that when my husband ordered the duck he asked what veg came with it and he was told none so he ordered 2 sides at £2.95 each. When the duck came it was with potatoes and veg. We complained and were re-imbursed for the extra veg but disappointed that we were mis-led. The location of the hotel is not very central - the Radisson is in a better location. Throughout the stay the staff were very polite and obliging (except for the younger concierge for whom "nothing" was too much trouble). We got exceptional service from Brian Maxwell. Overall, a comfortable hotel but not sure how our star rating system compares with the USA where 4 star really does mean something special.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
PhilipMellor, Regional General Manager at Hallmark Hotel Glasgow, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2010

Thank you very much for talking to me in relation to your stay and as we discussed I am very sorry that aspects of your visit did not meet up to your expectations and from your review and our conversation I have already taken action with my management team.

If it were not for your review and guest feedback we could not acheive our aim of ensuring our guests total satisfaction and I do hope that we may welcome you back to Glasgow or indeed one of our other hotels in the group.

Once again many thanks for your time

Kind regards