“Quality 4* hotel, good facilities”

Hallmark Hotel Glasgow
Ranked #45 of 93 Hotels in Glasgow
Reviewed 19 May 2010

We stayed for 3 nights while on a weekend break in Glasgow. Our room on the 6th floor was very spacious and pleasantly decorated - with a MASSIVE super king size bed (very luxurious!).

On the first night there was a baby in the next room but with earplus in we couldn't hear it. We had also been concerned about the noise from the motorway but inside the room it was perfectly quiet. tea and coffee facilities were fine, as well as bathroom toiletries. The pool and health suite looked great, i'd say this is a great hotel for families.

The bar and restaurant were very busy every night but as the hotel is 10 minutes away from the city centre we went out in the evenings. it's a short walk to the train station and there's a bus stop right outside the hotel if you want to go further afield.

Overall we had a great weekend - the only issue was that the room was excessively warm (the window didn't open and the airconditioning didn't go lower than about 20 degrees!) but this was a minor quibble.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
PhilipMellor, General Manager at Hallmark Hotel Glasgow, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2010

Thank you for your great review, I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. I was particularly pleased to read your comments in regard to the facilities and the comments in regard to your Super King size bed.

I was also very pleased that you saw the benefits of our location in regard to the closeness of all the attractions and city centre to the hotel. Thanks for your feedback here.

I hope to be able to welcome you on your next visit to Glasgow

Reviewed 2 May 2010

Having stayed in eight different Glasgow hotels over the last year The Menzies is one of the best in our opinion. We found all staff extremely friendly , approachable and helpful. The room we stayed in even though it was classed as a Standard was extremely spacious compared to others in the city. The decor was a bit "old fashioned" but everything was spotless clean. We had dinner at the hotel and the meal was excellent in-fact faultless and both agreed it was fantastic value for money. Breakfast was also very nice and all restaurant staff were very friendly. We will certainly stay at this hotel again and recommend it to any of our friends when they visit Glasgow.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SlaterFamily
PhilipMellor, General Manager at Hallmark Hotel Glasgow, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2010

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to submit your great review. I was pleased to read that you saw the benefits of our hotel and enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for your kind comments in regard to the friendly, approachable and helpful team – I will certainly pass on your kind remarks.

I was also pleased to read that you enjoyed dining experience with us and our full breakfast during your stay. I will certainly pass on your feedback to my Chef and restaurant team.

I am sorry I did not get the opportunity to meet you during your stay hope we can welcome you back to the hotel soon.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 29 April 2010

Had a wonderful weekend recently a this hotel staff really helpful and room
clean and spacious. We were really impressed with the dining experience
food was fantastic and service excellent, I bet once the locals get to know
of this you will find it hard to get a booking.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to submit your great review, I was delighted to read that you had an excellent stay. I was pleased to read that you were impressed with your dining experience and the cuisine in the Brasserie and have passed your thanks to the Brasserie team and my Chef Richard Lyth,

Once again many thanks for you kind review and I hope to meet you on your next visit to the hotel.

Reviewed 27 April 2010

Just back from a great stay in Glasgow and felt I had to say something about Menzies. Like most I trawled Tripadvisor to make sure I'd picked the right hotel and I had. Right from the conceriege ringing prior to my stay to ensure everything was booked as I had asked and also booking the restaurant, to the really helpful doorman who went online to check out shop addresses for us on our last morning, the whole experience was first class. I've stayed quite in a few 5 star hotels with a lesser customer service. The restaurant staff merit a mention just for themselves. They knew exactly when to approach table and never failed to notice when dishes needed clearing or water carafes needed refilling. The breakfast service was equally attentive and when I mentioned this to a waiter he merely said, "I just want to make sure everything is ok for you". Oh, that other hotels trained their staff to Menzies level. We will definitely make this our hotel of choice for Glasgow visits.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with friends
PhilipMellor, Regional General Manager at Hallmark Hotel Glasgow, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2010

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your great review, I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. I was particularly pleased to read your kind comments in regard to our concierge team and that you felt all the staff were excellent and you enjoyed your dinning experience - I will pass on your kind comments to the teams.

Thank you also for highlighting the service in the Brasserie, I will ensure that my Food and Beverage Manager and her team, who put a lot of effort into this will share in your kind praise.

Once again many thanks for your review and hope it will not be too long before we welcome you back to Glasgow.

Reviewed 23 April 2010

Having read good things about this hotel on Tripadvisor, I was expecting good things and wasn't disappointed. Bedroom was a decent size as was the bed. Food in restaurant was good. Jacuzzi in pool area was fine.

If i had to niggle the location isn't great and the exterior looks a bit off-putting. It seems to be used by coach parties but there was no scrum at breakfast.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review. I am delighted you felt that we lived up to your expectations, following reading the reviews on the site, and enjoyed your stay with us I have passed on your great feedback to my team.

I was sorry to read that you were disappointed with the location of the hotel, something that we do not normally receive negative feedback about as we are located within a 5 to10 minute walk of the all the attractions and City centre.

I hope to be able to welcome you back on your next visit to Glasgow

Reviewed 19 April 2010

Just back from 2 nights in the brilliant Menzies Glasgow for my wifes 40th. It was so good I decided to register and post a review. The hotel is superby situated just off Argyle Street which was perfect for our purposes meeting friends later at Stereo for a gig. The hotel has great leisure facilities pool, spa, sauna, steam room and a very nice bar and brasserie. The food was especially enjoyable and clearly devised and prepared by someone who knows their craft. We specifically wanted an early meal as we had the afforementioned plans and the staff were very accomodating givng us the earliet slot and allowing us to pre order meals which they made sure came in a timely fashion. The staff throughout the hotel were probably the best I have experienced and everyone was helpful, friendly and curteous. Loads of little touches helped make it a memorable weekend and ensure my wife had a great birthday. A slight hitch with the booking through alpharooms/laterooms which the General Manager Philip Mellor sorted out quickly. Room service was also great. If your looking for somewhere to relax with great food, staff and facilities then give Menzies a try. I certainly will be again.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
PhilipMellor, Regional General Manager at Hallmark Hotel Glasgow, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2010

Dear Craig,

Thank you for taking the time to submit your excellent review, I was delighted that you had a great stay with us and I have passed on your feedback to my team. I am pleased that I was able to meet you both and resolve your query from your booking agent and as discussed please contact me directly when you are next thinking of coming to Glasgow.

I was pleased to read that from the moment you checked in that we exceeded your expectations and you made use of all the facilities in the hotel.

I do hope it will not be too long before we can welcome you back to Glasgow

Reviewed 13 April 2010

We visited Glasgow for a long weekend and stayed at the Menzies for 2 nights. Our room was huge and lovely, at the back of the hotel, so very quiet. The breakfast was fantastic and the service during breakfast was supreme. Lots of staff, all clearing and re-setting tables, drinks arrived quickly, choice of food was great. Customer service at the hotel was fantastic, especially when reception let me use their concierge computer to check-in our return flights - no charge for internet use and I was able to print our boarding passes! I'd thoroughly recommend the Menzies and it made a great trip to Glasgow, very special. Thank you!!

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
PhilipMellor, Regional General Manager at Hallmark Hotel Glasgow, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2010

Dear Guest

Thank you for your great review, I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. I was particularly pleased to read that you felt all the staff were excellent - I will pass on your kind comments to the teams.