“Maggie0500”

17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“Maggie0500”
Reviewed 11 February 2014 via mobile

We absolutely loved loved loved the bar. A wee gem. But as for the comedy club , forget it! Was told I (BY THE BAR STAFF) was better to book through ticketsoup to be sure of a seat (£1 charge per ticket) and £2.50 charge for collecting tickets at 'box office' what a joke.! So basically we paid £4.50 more than everyone else who paid at the door. We were the only ones to book! 5 comedians but only 1 funny one between them. Head liner was the worst one of all. All in all a wasted evening. Only person consistently laughing was the host. Take a tip don't waste time booking and if you don't like the first couple of acts LEAVE!

3 Thank maggie0500

Stone, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“What a discovery”
Reviewed 17 January 2014

I'm only in Glasgow on business which usually means lunch on the run, but on a colleague's recommendation I made the time to find the State - and I am glad I did. Easily one of the best pubs I have ever visited. Excellent service from the moment we walked in, great atmosphere, great selection of beers and unbelievable value for money menu. Curry & rice & chips, and chicken fajitas & chips for under £7? So much on your plate that it would feed the population of China? Excellent quality? Yes, this is the place to go. My only problem is finding the excuse to travel back to Glasgow so that I can go again - and spend longer than just a lunchtime there. If only all pubs were like this.....

Visited January 2014
1 Thank Collin T
Yorkshire, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Best pub in Glasgow .... so far!”
Reviewed 5 January 2014 via mobile

We visited this pub after reading reviews on Tripadvisor, and realising it was only around the corner from where we stayed. The State is one of those decreasingly rare pubs with such a great atmosphere that it drags you in and makes you want to stay and soak it up. There is a great selection of beers & whiskies, as well as many other fine beverages I'm sure. If you are in Glasgow pay The State a visit, we can't wait to go back.

1 Thank Spaceboppa
Glasgow
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Favourite pub in the centre of Glasgow!”
Reviewed 11 June 2013

A genuine unpretentious pub!
Everything I like in a pub; great selection of beer and whisky, friendly staff, lovely decor, chatty locals, and a place you can have a conversation on a busy night.

Visited August 2012
3 Thank ColinPartick
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Can't get any better”
Reviewed 27 April 2013 via mobile

I've drank in this pub for over 23 years
Good ale good food good staff but alas you have to go home sometimes

Visited October 2012