“Supper with Sister in Law”

BEST WESTERN - Eglinton Arms Hotel
Ranked #208 of 2,557 Restaurants in Glasgow
Price range: US$14 - US$35
Cuisines: Scottish
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Situated on the south side of Glasgow in a picturesque conservation village, this 34 bedroom hotel is within easy reach from the two main north-south moterways and is an excellent destination for both buisiness & pleasure. Highly reputed locally and open for meals throughout the day, the restaurant is ideal for casul dining, with business lunches & early evening dining deals between Monday - Friday. You can relax in the lounge bar and enjoy a drink or morning coffee in the comfortable lounge. Tastefully decorated with elegant chandeliers and it's own dedicated bar area, the Banqueting Suite has been designed with weddings in mind. There is a nod to a traditional Scottish county house with tartan carpets and stags heads but with a very modern twist! Come and see for yourself.
Reviewed 18 February 2014

Nice friendly staff and atmosphere, food was very good, wine was not quite as good but we will return I am sure.

Reviewed 5 February 2014

I visited the Eglinton Arms at lunch time on a Tuesday and was surprised to find it as busy as it was. Turns out, everyone else had obviously heard what a great place it was and I was last know! I expected Olde Worlde by looking at the outside but found modern Scottish decor on the inside which was very tastefully done. The lunch menu was a good size with a variety of options and the food was presented beautifully. I had the pannini which was lovely and then I had the best chocolate brownie I have ever tasted - and I have tasted a lot! I can't comment on the rooms as I didn't stay but I would recommend eating here if you are passing!

1  Thank nicthechick28
Reviewed 31 January 2014

I stay in many business hotels and so have a good eye for a hotel. I recently organised a large family meal and stayed over at the Eglinton Arms.
The hotel is excellent quality and value with a high standard of tasteful décor through out. It is considered a small to medium hotel but outpunches the big boys hands down with its friendly service, great food and stylish design.
It was the weekend that I stayed and so had a fantastic leisurely breakfast after waking to the sound of birds, trees, and the local church bell of this conservation village in the distance.
When on business I have not found a business hotel of this standard in this type of location - minutes away from the major road networks.
A real gem.

Reviewed 28 December 2013

Had four meals during our stay.
One dinner for two, one Xmas day dinner for ten and two breakfasts.
All meals were well cooked with quality ingredients; served by staff who were genuinely interested in ensuring your happiness without being intrusive.
I can recommend the pies, lovely pastry and succulent meat.
Haggis starter just the right amount which can be the key with mountain beast.
Xmas dinner was seamless on what must be a tough day especially as there was a choice in each course.
Breakfasts were freshly made and one of my bugbears avoided in that the toast is freshly made for you. None of this standing in queues around useless rotary bread grills!

Reviewed 27 December 2013

We were invited to the Eglington Arms for a meal. We were very impressed with the dining room, lovely photographs of Eaglesham great atmosphere and serving first class food.
The menu was first class plenty to choose from, you must try the steak cooked to perfection.
It must be great to have such a lovely place on your doorstep. We will definitely return