“Food was ok if a little tasteless”

BEST WESTERN - Eglinton Arms Hotel
Ranked #285 of 2,474 Restaurants in Glasgow
Price range: US$14 - US$34
Cuisines: Scottish
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Situated on the south side of Glasgow in a picturesque conservation village, this 34 bedroom hotel is within easy reach from the two main north-south moterways and is an excellent destination for both buisiness & pleasure. Highly reputed locally and open for meals throughout the day, the restaurant is ideal for casul dining, with business lunches & early evening dining deals between Monday - Friday. You can relax in the lounge bar and enjoy a drink or morning coffee in the comfortable lounge. Tastefully decorated with elegant chandeliers and it's own dedicated bar area, the Banqueting Suite has been designed with weddings in mind. There is a nod to a traditional Scottish county house with tartan carpets and stags heads but with a very modern twist! Come and see for yourself.
Reviewed 20 April 2014

As I commented in my review for the hotel, the restaurant was the part of my stay which did not meet expectations. I ate here for dinner an breakfast and found the food to be a little tasteless. The dinner menu was also a little pricy considering the size of the portions served. The service at dinner time was very good, with almost as many waitresses as guests, however seemed a little understaffed at breakfast.

CarolynStark, Manager at BEST WESTERN - Eglinton Arms Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments . I am sorry that you did not enjoy the food served, and appreciate the kind comments you made about the service staff. We endeavour to make sure there are enough staff on based on expected numbers, but may not have got it right on this occasion.

There are newer reviews for BEST WESTERN - Eglinton Arms Hotel

Reviewed 4 April 2014

Another great meal at the eg! Me and my husband love it here staff are all friendly, the food is great and there is also a lovely atmosphere which is hard to find at other restaurants.
Definitely be back soon.

Reviewed 17 March 2014

Hi there, my wife and I attended a wedding at the hotel on the 15th of March. I have experience of the hotel but this is the first time I have stayed. The decor is fantastic, contemporary scottish and the hotel is spotlessly clean. I stayed in room 30 which is beautifully appointed with an incredibly comfortable bed and a lovely view over the village park. The food at the wedding was first class and made all the more impressive given the volume of people in attendance, I had the steak and this was cooked perfectly medium. The hotel has 3 bars and drink is sensibly priced unlike other places I have attended recently.
The real stars of the show at the "Eg" are the staff. From the moment we checked in we were made to feel special, Victoria on reception helped us to check in quickly as we were running a little behind schedule. Carolyn and Ross ensured the wedding ran smoothly and nothing was too much trouble for them. The staff in the restaurant bar at the back of the hotel were good fun and Megan helped us carry drinks to our party waiting in the reception area.
At the end of the wedding Andrew the bar man and George the night porter ensured the party continued on and even helped to see a few people up to their rooms. Ross also made an appearance at the after party and surprised us all with some late night snacks.
The breakfast was fantastic the next morning and we were well looked after by Catherine and her team, no easy task when everybody decided to show up at 9:45.
I would recommend this hotel to anybody looking for something a bit special and it makes for a fantastic wedding venue

Reviewed 4 March 2014

Been here a few times recently in the hope it would get better as love the atmosphere. Sadly it seems to be getting worse. We had Sunday lunch as a family and waited over 1 hour for a less than average meal. We have been recommending this restaurant to all friends who come from out of town but won't be doing so any more.

1  Thank abelina
CarolynStark, Manager at BEST WESTERN - Eglinton Arms Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2014

Thank you for taking the time and effort to post your comments. As you can imagine, I am disappointed to read about your less than perfect experience. We are always striving to maintain and improve our service and I sincerely apologise for the temporary lapse in standards you received. With the help of your comments we can learn from your experience and I would like to thank you again for your criticism.

Reviewed 20 February 2014

Well presented menu, not masses of choice which is noce, and the food was well presented, very tasty as potion sizes are really good.