“Cosy, friendly restaurant!”

Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Cosy, friendly restaurant!”
Reviewed 14 January 2013

I was there last week with friends and the food was lovely, the staff very attentive and friendly and efficient! Booking to go back with a party of friends in February!!!

Visited January 2013

• Hebrew first
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Let down”
Reviewed 15 December 2012

Always a must eat when in Glasgow, looks like new management and sadly has gone right downhill. Very average steak poorly presented . Will giv it 1 more try next time in town.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank Trigger131186487
Barcelonnette, France
“I highly recommend it, at certain times.”
Reviewed 16 September 2012

Visited in the past and had a great experience of service and quality of food is great. I would describe this place excellent but we recently visited here at ten past two in the afternoon and were very disapointed by the visit, food not as good as before and think at this time we never felt as welcome, we will try to keep the next visit before two o'clock or after five to hopefully get the amazing feel of this place back.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank BarcaTraveller
Stonehouse, Scotland, United Kingdom
“Fantastic service, lovely food, definitely recommend.”
Reviewed 16 August 2012

My sister and I were in Glasgow yesterday and wanted something nice a fresh to eat. We were served and welcomed by friendly staff who did not over power us, forget about us or rush us. Our food was exquisite with home-made warm bread and warm soup followed by our different mains. I will be definitely going back to this restaurant when I'm in Glasgow over the next coming weeks. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone as it's classy with a nice cosy atmosphere. Even though you are in the centre of town you feel as if you are in a wee restaurant in Sicily.

• Visited August 2012
2 Thank Nat I
Biggar, United Kingdom
“Excellent value lunch”
Reviewed 4 July 2012

I recently visited the Amalfi with a friend for lunch - its my first visit there in a few years, though it used to be a real favourite.
The interior has been updated since my last visit, very nice and relaxing atmosphere - and the waiting staff were excellent - attentive and friendly when you needed them, but not to invasive.
The lunch menu (£8.50 per person) had a great variety, without being so big it makes it difficult to make a choice.
for starters my friend had the Chicken Liver Pate, which was served with toast and chutney - she had no complaints about it at all, very generous portions. I opted for the Cozze Livornese - lots of fresh plump mussells, in a tomato, garlic and chilli sauce. And i was glad to be given a spoon with the dish to finish up the delicious sauce. top notch.
for Mains my friend had Spagetti Salciccia - spagetti with sausage, red wine, onion and tomato - again a good portion, well flavoured and nicely presented. I had the Risotto Alla Milanzane - risotto with onion, aubergine and tomato. Again good portion, well presented, full of flavour, not claggy or too dense.
Overall it was an excellent lunch in a well situated wee place that gives you a real taste of Italy. Will definitely be back.

• Visited July 2012