“very rude staff”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Cafe Noor
Cuisines: Indian, Asian
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Takeout
Marrakech, Morocco
“very rude staff”
Reviewed 4 January 2014

my friend and i meet up once a year and we like to have something to eat and relax with a drink and chat after it. we chose the cafe noor as we knew the food in there was good. we arrived after the lunchtime rush around 2.30pm. we were taken taken to the furthest away table at the very back of the room. we were asked if we minded that an electrician was coming and we said we wouldn't mind the noise. we sat down and ordered a three course meal. starter for me was a prawn cocktail. it was disappointing as the lettuce had just been washed but lots of the water it had been rinsed in was in the plate. it watered down the prawn cocktail sauce which was fairly bland to start with and made the dish tasteless. was very disappointed as i had been looking forward to a good prawn cocktail. i then had the chicken tikka pasanda with boiled rice and ordered a nan bread. we saw the electrician come in and start to work on something at the front window of the restaurant. the dish was very tasty and quite sweet. the nan bread was huge. i think they'd made it for two instead of one which we were just going to share. we were in the middle of conversation when the man, he could have been the owner, came to our table and asked if we could eat faster. i couldn't believe my ears! then he said he could put our lunch in a carry out dish and give it away with us. i found my mouth wasn't working... could this man be any ruder?? my friend asked him do you want us to leave here? he said the electrician had arrived and he needed us out the restaurant as it was going to be in darkness! i was upset as we had a choice of restaurants to go to if we were only going to get half an hour to sit down and eat a lunch. and he should have made himself clear that the electrician was coming and we would have to leave the restaurant when he arrived. we had thought he meant do you mind him working while you eat. infact, he hadn't corrected us when we said that when we had first arrived. i tried to eat faster but found it difficult as i had the start of yet another cold and my throat was sore, hence having a mild dish. the convesation of course dried up between me and my friend as we tried to leave as fast as we could. it put a real downer on the day. i rarely see this friend and had been looking forward to seeing her, particularly as i'd had to cancel a xmas meet up with her due to flu. as we left the man said to us you will get time to eat the next time. i thought, you think we're coming back here mate not on your nelly! so just make sure you're not having a special occassion when you visit here because they could be having more work done while they serve lunch or dinner to customers. when i said he should have told us we had to leave rather than eat while the electrician worked, the man said he had told us that the electrician was coming and that was all he needed to say. in his mind he had told us to leave early. cultural differnces? language barrier? or just bad manners? you choose.

• Visited January 2014
3 Thank goingawander

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Alright if you just like the cold sauce”
Reviewed 14 December 2013

Ordered from their takeaway, waited over an hour for the delivery - it arrived cold and with just a few scapings of meat. I phoned and spoke to the manager who said next time it would be half price. It's not even worth it at half price - no thanks.

• Visited December 2013
3 Thank GraemeC C
“Terrible Place”
Reviewed 21 September 2013

Ordered a meal for two tonight. Stood in the shop waiting over 55 minutes while watching delivery drivers come and go over and over and over. The manager kept putting his hand on my wrist and trying to pull me into the kitchen offering me a drink saying "come with me, come with me". At no time was I told the time it would take to get my food, nor how long it would be, it was always "5 more minutes". For an hour. Disgusting service.
I paid £35.35 for a Korma, a Chicken Tikka, a Chicken pakora and spiced onions, 1 poppadom and 1 chapatti. I'd have expected a bill like that if I'd sat down to eat, not standing waiting on it as a takeaway.
As long as they have your money, they dont give a toss. GARBAGE!!!

- Russell Barnes

• Visited September 2013
3 Thank Russell_Barnes
“good but not great”
Reviewed 16 September 2013

Went here for a little change to my usual curry house. Its been in shawlands for as long as i can remember. nice little place, ordered off the a la carte. Prices reasonable. Staff was pleasant enough. Food came promptly, good portions. Flavours didnt blow me away but was a nice enough meal.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank David M
“ok for a quick lunch”
Reviewed 30 August 2013

the service is polite and the restaurant is quite nice inside. cosy. the menu for lunch is predictable but well priced. its just the usual choices. the food tasted ok but nothing special. it's a restaurant that's easy to get seating at at lunch time so that was the main reason me and my friend used it. also as its not busy its one where we can have a chat in without being listened into which i like. and we're not being chased out our table to let others sit in them. its relaxing. i would recommend it as its handy and no worse than anything else around it in the street.

• Visited August 2013