“dont know the meaning of manners”
Review of Cafe Noor - CLOSED

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 23 February 2014

i visited here just out of handiness one lunch time. when i went in noone was in. i had to shout for someone and ask them if they were open. didnt seem like a good thing but i sat down as it was raining outside. i ordered chicken chat as a starter and chicken masala with nan bread from the cheapest lunch menu. after eating the chicken chat, i asked for a bowl of water as they'd forgotten to give me one to clean my hands in after the starter. i was met with curious looks then a snappy "we dont do that, you can use the toilet", when i explained what i wanted. the school girl waitress didnt seem to have good english. i said you cant ask people to go to the toilet to wash their hands. their hands are dirty and they would have to open doors with them leaving sauce everywhere. but she stood fast and people started staring. i explained that that was the norm and walked away. i had to wipe my hands on a napkin instead. a few minutes later as i waited for my main, i heard a lengthy conversation by the owner and the girl who sounded like father and daughter and he was asking what i'd wanted. and saying the same thing. it was embarassing as everyone could hear and i felt like i'd asked for something outrageous. it was the owner (im assuming by his arrogant demenour) who served me my main and told me i could use the toilet. knowing my explanation would be lost on him as he didnt know the meaning of manners or how people are treated normally in a restaurant i just accepted my meal and promptly ate it and left. no tip was left. i wont return. i cant recommend this place as the two times ive been in ive met with arrogance and ignorance from this man. avoid it as you could have a special meal spoiled by him.

5  Thank goingawander
There are newer reviews for Cafe Noor

Reviewed 13 January 2014

It was cold dreich day when we treated oursevles to a business lunch! It was quiet but the heaters gave us a warm welcome. Starters of Pakora were followd by Lamb Curry and Chicken Tikka Masala washed down with some good Tennents!

2  Thank jonnigeeGlasgow
Reviewed 4 January 2014

my friend and i meet up once a year and we like to have something to eat and relax with a drink and chat after it. we chose the cafe noor as we knew the food in there was good. we arrived after the lunchtime rush around 2.30pm. we were taken taken to the furthest away table at the very back of the room. we were asked if we minded that an electrician was coming and we said we wouldn't mind the noise. we sat down and ordered a three course meal. starter for me was a prawn cocktail. it was disappointing as the lettuce had just been washed but lots of the water it had been rinsed in was in the plate. it watered down the prawn cocktail sauce which was fairly bland to start with and made the dish tasteless. was very disappointed as i had been looking forward to a good prawn cocktail. i then had the chicken tikka pasanda with boiled rice and ordered a nan bread. we saw the electrician come in and start to work on something at the front window of the restaurant. the dish was very tasty and quite sweet. the nan bread was huge. i think they'd made it for two instead of one which we were just going to share. we were in the middle of conversation when the man, he could have been the owner, came to our table and asked if we could eat faster. i couldn't believe my ears! then he said he could put our lunch in a carry out dish and give it away with us. i found my mouth wasn't working... could this man be any ruder?? my friend asked him do you want us to leave here? he said the electrician had arrived and he needed us out the restaurant as it was going to be in darkness! i was upset as we had a choice of restaurants to go to if we were only going to get half an hour to sit down and eat a lunch. and he should have made himself clear that the electrician was coming and we would have to leave the restaurant when he arrived. we had thought he meant do you mind him working while you eat. infact, he hadn't corrected us when we said that when we had first arrived. i tried to eat faster but found it difficult as i had the start of yet another cold and my throat was sore, hence having a mild dish. the convesation of course dried up between me and my friend as we tried to leave as fast as we could. it put a real downer on the day. i rarely see this friend and had been looking forward to seeing her, particularly as i'd had to cancel a xmas meet up with her due to flu. as we left the man said to us you will get time to eat the next time. i thought, you think we're coming back here mate not on your nelly! so just make sure you're not having a special occassion when you visit here because they could be having more work done while they serve lunch or dinner to customers. when i said he should have told us we had to leave rather than eat while the electrician worked, the man said he had told us that the electrician was coming and that was all he needed to say. in his mind he had told us to leave early. cultural differnces? language barrier? or just bad manners? you choose.

3  Thank goingawander
Reviewed 14 December 2013

Ordered from their takeaway, waited over an hour for the delivery - it arrived cold and with just a few scapings of meat. I phoned and spoke to the manager who said next time it would be half price. It's not even worth it at half price - no thanks.

3  Thank GraemeC C
Reviewed 21 September 2013

Ordered a meal for two tonight. Stood in the shop waiting over 55 minutes while watching delivery drivers come and go over and over and over. The manager kept putting his hand on my wrist and trying to pull me into the kitchen offering me a drink saying "come with me, come with me". At no time was I told the time it would take to get my food, nor how long it would be, it was always "5 more minutes". For an hour. Disgusting service.
I paid £35.35 for a Korma, a Chicken Tikka, a Chicken pakora and spiced onions, 1 poppadom and 1 chapatti. I'd have expected a bill like that if I'd sat down to eat, not standing waiting on it as a takeaway.
As long as they have your money, they dont give a toss. GARBAGE!!!

- Russell Barnes