“little gem”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 20 April 2014

Great hidden treasure here in Shawlands, the food is very good quality and service is good as well, highly recommended by us, Big portions and well priced. we go every two weeks as our treat.

1  Thank collin r

Reviewed 15 March 2014

A group of us visited this here after work. As soon as we walked in we were treated by a friendly staff member who sat us down and got our drinks in. It is traditional indian restaurant which i loved. we ordered a chicken karahi, lamb tika and chicken chatt with nan and rice for mains and fish and chicken pakora for starters.. i have to admit the curry's were the best we have had in the whole of south side Glasgow. The staff were very friendly and efficient. superb service and food and value for money. Will defo be going back soon.

1  Thank Keith c
Reviewed 25 February 2014

I purchased a carry out from the Cafe Noor in Shawlands and to say it was a disappointment was an understatement. The Garlic Nan Bread was oily and had been spread with Garlic Butter on top. The "breast of chicken" which consisted of approximately six small chunks in a tub of tasteless Korma sauce, was disgusting. Even salt did not help it out. It was a complete and utter disappointment and I will not use this restaurant again. It is sad as many years ago it was an excellent Indian Restaurant. They need a Chef. I should have known when at 6pm it was empty.

4  Thank Kairen H
Reviewed 23 February 2014

i visited here just out of handiness one lunch time. when i went in noone was in. i had to shout for someone and ask them if they were open. didnt seem like a good thing but i sat down as it was raining outside. i ordered chicken chat as a starter and chicken masala with nan bread from the cheapest lunch menu. after eating the chicken chat, i asked for a bowl of water as they'd forgotten to give me one to clean my hands in after the starter. i was met with curious looks then a snappy "we dont do that, you can use the toilet", when i explained what i wanted. the school girl waitress didnt seem to have good english. i said you cant ask people to go to the toilet to wash their hands. their hands are dirty and they would have to open doors with them leaving sauce everywhere. but she stood fast and people started staring. i explained that that was the norm and walked away. i had to wipe my hands on a napkin instead. a few minutes later as i waited for my main, i heard a lengthy conversation by the owner and the girl who sounded like father and daughter and he was asking what i'd wanted. and saying the same thing. it was embarassing as everyone could hear and i felt like i'd asked for something outrageous. it was the owner (im assuming by his arrogant demenour) who served me my main and told me i could use the toilet. knowing my explanation would be lost on him as he didnt know the meaning of manners or how people are treated normally in a restaurant i just accepted my meal and promptly ate it and left. no tip was left. i wont return. i cant recommend this place as the two times ive been in ive met with arrogance and ignorance from this man. avoid it as you could have a special meal spoiled by him.

5  Thank goingawander
Reviewed 13 January 2014

It was cold dreich day when we treated oursevles to a business lunch! It was quiet but the heaters gave us a warm welcome. Starters of Pakora were followd by Lamb Curry and Chicken Tikka Masala washed down with some good Tennents!

2  Thank jonnigeeGlasgow