“Absolute TOP QUALITY indian food!!!”
Review of Asmaan Tandoori - CLOSED

Asmaan Tandoori
Price range: US$9 - US$23
Cuisines: Indian, Pakistani
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: A versatile eating experience that can now be sampled in glasgow "THE SUNDAY TIMES"Like us on facebook.. Asmaan Restaurant
Reviewed 8 May 2014

Very quaint and perfect atmosphere restaurant with very friendly and helpful staff.The food is the BEST i have had from an indian restaurant.Best starter ever is the Tandoori mix platter for 2,probably the dearest starter but worth every penny with lamb chicken shish kebab and onions.

1  Thank Garystewart1690
There are newer reviews for Asmaan Tandoori

Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

Where do I start? We decided to visit this restaurant due to the good reviews but from now on I think I'll start taking a peek at the bad ones too!
The restaurant was cold, dirty, old fashioned and the staff were so miserable but there were only 2 in there sharing the cooking and the waiting on with no aprons etc. I CANNOT BELIEVE I ACTUALLY STAYED HERE TO EAT!
It's the worst Indian I have ever had! I've never seen naans like we had they had like a chilli spice on them????? The masala was so bland just chicken and double cream I'm sure!
The music played in the restaurant was country and western........when I go for an Indian I like the atmosphere with the Indian music!
The draught beer was so flat!
When he came to collect the plates we told him the naan breads were huge and he said the other guy SHOULD have told us but still charged us for them. Change was given to us on a Chinese style plate!
One of the waiters was walking through the restaurant holding a cigarette which is totally unprofessional! He couldn't wait to get outside for a smoke.
DONT BOTHER WASTING YOUR MONEY HERE. IT IS A DIVE WITH ALL THE XMAS LIGHTS STILL UP AND THE PLACE IS DIRTY AND IN DESPERATE NEED FOR A REFURBISHMENT.
I still can't believe I actually went into this place sober!
THIS IS MY REVIEW OF THIS RESTAURANT WHICH IS TRUE! Please contact me if you wish to confirm!
If there was a minus score for this restaurant I wouldn't even give it that!

1  Thank Scorpio40
Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

We were staying near George Square and checked out the recommendation from TripAdvisor. This resulted in our best meal in 9 days touring Scotland. We also tried the pre - theatre menu at £9.95 and were amazed at the value. Beautiful, tasty and original starters, fantastic classic curries as mains, then ice cream and after eights - spectacular ! The service was superb and drinks very reasonably priced. I wish this was our local restaurant. We will return !

Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

Service was absolutely terrible! The chefs overall was disgusting as was the cleanliness of the restaurant! Food was okay...... But overall a totally disappointing experience!

1  Thank jacks46
Reviewed 16 April 2014

Stayed at Premier Inn and went here based on reviews and proximity to hotel - two adults and two 9 year olds. We had the pre-theatre menu at £10 per head. Nothing fancy about the restaurant but the food really was excellent, or "so awesome" if you are my son. Great pint (or two) of Cobra on draft too. Special mention for the waiter (owner?) who made us very welcome and was great with the kids. Definitely recommended.

1  Thank Mark B