“Fantastic family run restaurant.”
Review of Ruby Palace

Ruby Palace
Ranked #1,068 of 2,552 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 2 January 2014 via mobile

Fabulous food. Service was quick and staff friendly. Visited the restaurant on several occasions and would highly recommend a visit.

Reviewed 29 December 2013

Went to the Ruby Palace for the first time with my partner and have to admit I was very impressed. The staff were friendly without being overbearing which is always a plus and the service was fast. We skipped starters as we are more into our deserts! I had the chicken satay which was delicious some places when I order the chicken satay, the sauce doesn't actually taste like peanuts but this was delicious. The other half had the orange chicken which according to him was delicious. Will definitely be back in the near future!

Reviewed 23 November 2013

I visit ruby palace at least once every couple of months and have to say every time the food gets better. I visited recently with my fiance and family and had a lovely booth which felt cosy and relaxing. The food was excellent and enjoyed by all. We will most definitely be back and would like to thank the staff for their great service and this fantastic restaurant.

1  Thank Gills0412
Reviewed 19 November 2013 via mobile

I visit the Ruby palace whilst in Glasgow visiting friends.
I have been on a few occasions and have always had good food but fantastic service.
The lovely Louise is a credit to the family business.
I look forward to my next visit in Dec :-)

1  Thank katrowley
A C, Public Relations Manager at Ruby Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2013

Thank you for your kind review! I will let Louise know your sweet comments about her service. It'll make her week, and the parents might even let her have a wee cheeky extra day off. Or maybe they will make her work even harder to make sure everyone gets to see her winning smile. :)

We are look forward to serving you up some delicious food again when you are here to visit, and we are honoured that you and your friends choose to dine at our little restaurant on your trips to Glasgow.

Reviewed 6 September 2013

Had a take away meal from this place on Tuesday night. Curry sauce in curry was like cheap packet sauce, rice and chips were like re-heats. Will not be back

1  Thank MRA123
A C, Public Relations Manager at Ruby Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2013

Thank you for the taking the time to review the takeaway side of our businsess

I am sorry that the curry does not meet your standards, I see from your other reviews that you often visit Indian restaurants. I, myself, am partial to going out for Indian food, however, I realise that our curries are nothing like Indian curries as our Chinese Curry is smooth with completely different texture to an Indian curry and ours is not very spicy, that even some children can share in the pleasure. I can also assure you, 100% hand on heart with my favourite vegetable samosa in the other hand, that our curry is not from a packet unless the chef has made a whole vat of curry and is painstakingly pouring it into packets. The owner and chef, Sammy, who makes the sauces and marinades, uses so many fresh ingredients that I can't even keep count and spends hours creating our sauce that people travel from Erskine to come and get our curry. In addition, I would like to highlight that our curry is not your usual bright nuclear colour of curry that you find at other places who do sneakily use curries from a packet. I am completely surprised by your comment because out of all our sauces I am confident that our curry tastes so authentic and home made, and it is so popular I don't even know how many packets we would have to buy in if we were to use packets of Mr Ben's. Sammy has developed this recipe over 28 years and has huge following just for his curry. However, I do wholly understand that the sauce was not to your taste and I presonally think curry is one of those more difficult dishes that if you are used ordering from a certain restaurant/ take away's it is hard to accept any other place's sauce, like my sister does not eat Chicken Korma from anywhere except this one restaurant because that's what she thinks a Chicken Korma should be like. Also my friend doesn't eat lasagna in restaurants because he knows for a fact it will be nothing like his mother's.

We do not reheat chips because that is not delicious for anyone on any level and in ways more time consuming than freshly frying the chips there and then. But as I have explained below before chips do not travel well by take away. This is why I never ask for home delivery from fish and chips shops even though they taste amazing, they just don't travel well, hence why they are best after a night out and eaten there and then outside the shop! To be fair I do not know how far away you live from the restaurant, maybe you live round the corner, if so I am sorry they did not taste fresh for you.

To be completely honest, on a Tuesday night there would be no way that rice wouldn't be straight out of the wok and into your bag because week days are not as busy as weekends, so it wouldn't even been sitting waiting for your other dishes to be cooked. I am unsure to why the rice did not taste fresh to you. However, I will pass your comments on to the kitchen and they will make doubly sure that all the dishes are up to scratch.

We are disappointed and upset that you will not be visiting us again, however, if you do happen to visit again please let us know you are the one who put forward this review and maybe we can discuss our dishes and recommend something that may suit your palate more.